'ning

scorchio

jentacular peregrination. wfh, rest in sympathy with tdf, bubbly

pinno, tell beans to stay cool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Gentle foot test run and then work snizzle.

May end up in the lounge as think sandstone walls = cool room.

Later might be no ale for fhe first time in weeks 😳
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Off sunbathing on another big lump of rock assuming I make it up there.

Hope the bus gods are appeased as I'm going by public transport.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

jentacular peregrination.

Jentacular is a new one on me. Stealing it.

Wfw, so riding. Seems cool enough this morning. Will be roasting later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

sungod said:

jentacular peregrination.

Jentacular is a new one on me. Stealing it.

Wfw, so riding. Seems cool enough this morning. Will be roasting later.
    https://wordfoolery.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/hobbits-and-romans-jentacular-and-prandial/
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Unlike most cats, Beans has an innate ability to be silly.
    (and you know fair well that I cannot tell him anything because... he's a cat). I could suggest things but of he gets the tiniest inkling...
  • pinno
    Pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal...

See ya!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Doesn’t feel hot at the moment, pffft. Bring it!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Off sunbathing on another big lump of rock assuming I make it up there.

Thistle ^^
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    edited July 2022
    Nice n warm here just now. Will see how long I last in the cave, then may retreat to the dining room which is the coolest room in the house. Suspect the hounds may spend most of the day snoozing on tiled floors and will get the cold wet towel treatment if needed.

Edit: forecast for here now says that it's topping out at 35C today, so not too bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pleasant in the park, already getting toasty in the streets

friends in australia have a cool mat for their cat, he uses it in the summer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    A totally it's quite cool in the cave for the moment. Made myself a big mug of tea to pep me up a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,
    Happy belated birthday oxo.

Not sure what’s happening today, no work as such so I’m a free agent

Perfect cycling weather for me yesterday, even the wind was warm. How rare is that in the UK? So had a trundle on the trail bike with plenty of re-fuelling stops along the way, marvellous
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Excellent weekend. Lots of friends over for BBQs on Friday and Saturday nights, best steak I've done so far on Friday. Lots of wine, bit of river swimming, got out on the mtb later yesterday afternoon. 25c in my wood and tin office currently, might have to move into the cool of the house with the labradors later.

Off to mid/south wales later for an event tomorrow, air conditioned car is the place to be
  • pinno

Moaning,
    Happy belated birthday oxo.

Not sure what’s happening today, no work as such so I’m a free agent

Perfect cycling weather for me yesterday, even the wind was warm. How rare is that in the UK? So had a trundle on the trail bike with plenty of re-fuelling stops along the way, marvellous

It's funny that - I have had a nice breeze on the last 4 consecutive rides and a headwind is welcome.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

A totally it's quite cool in the cave for the moment. Made myself a big mug of tea to pep me up a bit.

Apologises for missing your 50,000 post celebration. Are you the owner of the highest post count still contributing to the forum? Was Pinno first to congratulate you?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Apologises for missing your 50,000 post celebration. Are you the owner of the highest post count still contributing to the forum? Was Pinno first to congratulate you?
    Why thank you Seano.

I think Rick in Cake Stop has the most but he posts in the bits about cycling as well.

Mr P wasn't very happy and accused me of cheating because I play the Word Association game. Anyhow, do I get a prize? :)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why thank you Seano.

I think Rick in Cake Stop has the most but he posts in the bits about cycling as well.

Mr P wasn't very happy and accused me of cheating because I play the Word Association game. Anyhow, do I get a prize? :)

• Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why thank you Seano.

I suppose its better than 2nd place sad f****r :smiley:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Apparently it's warm out. Do news people not realize that we pay for this type of weather a few times a year and can cope quite adequately without being advised that we may a horrible death if venture outside?

Ride later, if MrsHD comes then it will be a flat route out and back to a pub, if I'm on my own it will involve a loop with a hill.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why thank you Seano.

But that means you are actually second.
  • pinno

Ride later, if MrsHD comes then it will be a flat route out and back to a pub, if I'm on my own it will involve a loop with a hill.

A loop with a hill?! You devil you.

• seanoconn

Apparently it's warm out. Do news people not realize that we pay for this type of weather a few times a year and can cope quite adequately without being advised that we may a horrible death if venture outside?

I’m sure the media aren’t panic mongering just to make a few easy headlines but are genuinely concerned with our health!
  • Stevo_666

Personally I pay to go to cold places and just get dragged along to the hot ones.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    You want cold? Come over here. Max today was about 7, wet, breezy at times. Snow on the hills. Dreadful.

Perhaps unsurprisingly elected to stay indoors. Removed bits of old and decommissioned security system, cleaned out some cupboards. Living the dream, eh?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh

You want cold? Come over here. Max today was about 7, wet, breezy at times. Snow on the hills. Dreadful.

Perhaps unsurprisingly elected to stay indoors. Removed bits of old and decommissioned security system, cleaned out some cupboards. Living the dream, eh?

To be fair Spinner, when we're shivering in sideways sleet in January, you post photos of that lovely bay just down the road from you.

I went out to get my lunch, and can confirm that the City is roasting. The ride home will be pretty unpleasant - making sure I take on enough liquid this afternoon.
  • Stevo_666

If you can ski that snow, I'll book my tickets...
  • beansnikpoh
    Somewhat coincidentally, this was one of the clues in today's Times crossword:

Treaty port nearly covering up chaos (7)
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I’m sure the media aren’t panic mongering just to make a few easy headlines but are genuinely concerned with our health!
    This country is populated with numpties who will get burned and who will drink in the sun and who will neglect elderly people and who won't drink enough of the right liquids.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    seanoconn said:

Thistle ^^

That's what happens when I get my belly out.

Was nice and cool up on the top, shame I had yo come down into the furnace.