2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    ...no sleep for a whole month...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974

The video output board is dead, and the main controller board for the disc drive is also apparently misbehaving, plus the actual disc transport itself is discontinued. AFAIK the power supply and audio DAC section is ok, so I may try a sneaky mod to retro-fit a different disc transport and see if it still works, but the odds are slim.

I thought at one time all disc transports were made by Phillips. I could be wrong.
    There may yet be hope though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited July 2022
    thistle_ said:

Friday has escaped, but I haven't. WFH this morning, then a pedal in, then WFW and a pedal home.

One more school week for mini, then she's off to Florida with Mrs B3 a week on Monday.

Are you WFW only for the pedalling? It's the only reason I choose to WFW these days.
    Exactly right. 3 or 4 days per week, just to get a baseline 90-120km of riding in, supplemented with a longer one at the weekend, and one or two 30-45 minute sessions on the Peloton.

It annoys Mrs B3 no end, but then she moaned when I put on a stack of weight from not riding to and from work. I can't win.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

thistle_ said:

Friday has escaped, but I haven't. WFH this morning, then a pedal in, then WFW and a pedal home.

One more school week for mini, then she's off to Florida with Mrs B3 a week on Monday.

Are you WFW only for the pedalling? It's the only reason I choose to WFW these days.
    Exactly right. 3 or 4 days per week, just to get a baseline 90-120km of riding in, supplemented with a longer one at the weekend, and one or two 30-45 minute sessions on the Peloton.

It annoys Mrs B3 no end, but then she moaned when I put on a stack of weight from not riding to and from work. I can't win.
    Hmm, nice idea.
    I don't fancy lugging the laptop for a 40 mile round trip just for an hour in the office though.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    pblakeney said:

The video output board is dead, and the main controller board for the disc drive is also apparently misbehaving, plus the actual disc transport itself is discontinued. AFAIK the power supply and audio DAC section is ok, so I may try a sneaky mod to retro-fit a different disc transport and see if it still works, but the odds are slim.

I thought at one time all disc transports were made by Phillips. I could be wrong.
    There may yet be hope though.
    It may well be ok still. The machine was working fine then suddenly stopped. The drive is still powered up, and appears to not be totally dead, but I think the issue is the controller board is not telling it to open the drawer.

Plus the controller is refusing to power up the main circuitry either which ain;'t helping.

Krell did use Philips drives in some of their CD players I think, not sure about this one.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

Hmm, nice idea.
    I don't fancy lugging the laptop for a 40 mile round trip just for an hour in the office though.
    I normally do a full day, and if I do a block of days I just leave the laptop at work and take 3 or 4 shirts and socks/boxers as appropriate. I don't have to ferry a towel, they lay on a supply of those here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614
    edited July 2022

thistle_ said:

Just tell her it's a choice between letting you do plenty of cycling and this on an evening :) Should be an easy decision for her.
    https://youtu.be/3QRy-PEgbls
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]