wednesday nibbling on a pineapple

'ning

still no sign of decent summer weather

ride, quick dive into gmc, cafe, then wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Physio said try a gentle run last night, 5 miles with a pain level of say 3/4 out of 10 - so massive improvement 😎 hurts like 7 out of 10 today 🤬 looks like rest until Saturdays race

Work snizzle and then fun bike later. Current wife back later and kids working so could be fun
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Physio said try a gentle run last night, 5 miles with a pain level of say 3/4 out of 10 - so massive improvement 😎 hurts like 7 out of 10 today 🤬 looks like rest until Saturdays race

Work snizzle and then fun bike later. Current wife back later and kids working so could be fun

How many miles Saturday?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Put boil in the bag rain jacket on ready for imminent forecast rain on my commute in. No rain, just boiled in the bag.
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

'ning

This ^^

We English are generally too polite to complain but it’s really not good enough. Something should be done!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    quite mild out, but very gloomy, slight hint of drizzle earlier, prelude to forecast deluge

gmc gmc'd
    cafe cafe'd
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

...boil in the bag rain jacket...

Have you got one of the Funkier flavour?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Cloudy gloomy grey. It's set to stay dry for half a day - d'ya think I might get out for a (dry) pedal?
    On my C60... [insert smiley icon].

Though still need a compact so it might be interesting.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Dull outside but no rain due until late evening, so bike ride is still on. Will move down to the cave shortly and start work in earnest as its quarterly reporting season.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

This ^^

We English are generally too polite to complain but it’s really not good enough. Something should be done!
    Weather's reasonable here, but forecasting rain later.

Taking a lead from the great TLW and having a rest day today.
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

This ^^

Weather's reasonable here, but forecasting rain later.

Taking a lead from the great TLW and f*cking up my joints by running way too much
    FTFY

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,594
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

This ^^

*Disagrees*
    English are world class when it comes to complaining about the weather. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • seanoconn
    pblakeney said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

This ^^

*Disagrees*
    True. Although my wife is Polish and puts the English to shame. She can tell if the weather has changed by a degree up or down and will moan like f.uck several times.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited June 2022
    It was supposed to be a wet day, now Worthing is supposed to be getting a flash flood instead. :(:D
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pblakeney said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

This ^^

*Disagrees*
    True. Although my wife is Polish and puts the English to shame. She can tell if the weather has changed by a degree up or down and will moan like f.uck several times.
    I guess that comes with settled status?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

It was supposed to be a wet day, now Worthing is supposed to be getting a flash flood instead. :(:D

Spent a few childhood days watching Dad play bowls in Worthing.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Just over 30, so not too bad but still rather more than the physio would like
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    My running limit is still more like 30 yards :/
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    seanoconn said:

Spent a few childhood days watching Dad play bowls in Worthing.
    Bowlers behind my house must have had some big tournament on Saturday - they were chanting, blowing hooters. Right old racket.

Ridey ridey, no rainy. Forecast suggests I'll miss the dampness today, and I'm wfh tomorrow anyway.
  • pinno

Won't that improve the place?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Bit like me then.
    Shall we say... have a 20 yd race?

We could do it by Zoom.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Mine said it was OK as long as I take it easy - so maybe turn it into a 30 mile pub crawl?
  • thistle_

Is it a flash flood if it's predicted?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Bit like me then.

We could do it by Zoom.
    Cracking idea, I can cheat by going downhill on my driveway. Sounds a bit like one of those challenges they used to have on Banzai. Bottom Bracketeers - Prace your bets now!
  • seanoconn
    edited June 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Bit like me then.

We could do it by Zoom.
    Cracking idea, I can cheat by going downhill on my driveway. Sounds a bit like one of those challenges they used to have on Banzai. Bottom Bracketeers - Prace your bets now!
    I’ll fire sponge balls from at cannon at you both to make it more interesting.

Edit, might have to get shorty to fire the balls from their end.

Is there a time limit to complete the race? Or whoever makes it the furthest?
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Mine said it was OK as long as I take it easy - so maybe turn it into a 30 mile pub crawl?
    The race finishes in Lyme Regis on the front next to a pub…… guess where I will be in the afternoon
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Last load (ok 1/3 car load) unloaded. That's all The Stuff moved, and now sitting around dumped all over the place. I foresee more tip runs a-comin'.

Off to check out local council run fitness suite (+ pool), see what machine stations they have , hoping they have the ones to fit my physio spec-ed exercises. Noticing the recurrence of (albeit minor) pains in past couple of months since stopped last gym membership.

Got some sad news yesterday; nephew is splitting from his partner of many years, been an item since school. They have 2 pre-school aged daughters. The world turns again...
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How many miles Saturday?
    Bit like me then.

We could do it by Zoom.
    I’ll fire sponge balls from at cannon at you both to make it more interesting.

Edit, might have to get shorty to fire the balls from their end.

Is there a time limit to complete the race? Or whoever makes it the furthest?
    20 yards is a bit tough, on second thoughts let's go for this challenge instead:
    https://youtu.be/zv-DKBf7ctY
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, home from driving a client around south Scotland whilst shouting at trees (or no trees, shouting at a farm with no trees currently). My new rabbit killing device has arrived, my current rabbit killing devices are a touch over powered for a small garden...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    haydenm said:

Afternoon, home from driving a client around south Scotland whilst shouting at trees (or no trees, shouting at a farm with no trees currently). My new rabbit killing device has arrived, my current rabbit killing devices are a touch over powered for a small garden...

Do you eat 'em? The bunnies that is.

By rabbit killing device, do you mean shotgun? Can you discharge a shotgun in your back garden?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997

haydenm said:

Do you eat 'em? The bunnies that is.

By rabbit killing device, do you mean shotgun? Can you discharge a shotgun in your back garden?
    Yep, it seems a huge shame to kill things and not eat them, especially now I have a meat smoker/bbq. We have enough space probably for a shotgun but the noise would disturb the neighbours. I've just got a reasonable air rifle to keep the rabbit numbers down quietly, everyone here has complained about rabbit numbers this year.

I do have a .22 on my firearms license but I haven't got round to buying one as the place where I have my deer permission hasn't had a problem yet