National Championships 2022 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    Every time I stop watching for a few minutes I come back to find a completely different race situation albeit with the same core of riders at the front.
  • Senechel wins in France.
    Merlier and Kim De Baat in Belgium
    Filippo Zana and Elisa Balsamo in Italy
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,930
    Anything go wrong at the French Champs? Seems to be a very long list of DNF's according to PCS
  • Pross
    This is a cracking race, feels like it has been raced as a crit with no respite throughout. One of those courses where there's no massive challenges but also nowhere to take it easy either
  • Pross
    Hayter riding like it's a devil race on the track
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited June 2022
    Group of five including Cav and excluding Hayter have broken free... At least for now!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Pross
    Lead is going out now. Interesting that FDJ's rider in the front 5 is the development rider and he only just got back from a puncture when the move went. Connor Swift having to do the bulk of the chasing behind.
  • Pross
    Richardson, the one rider I don't want to win, attacks after Turner gets caught and looks in trouble.

(Nothing against Richardson, just want to see the jersey in big races)
  • Pross
    Turner now looking like his brakes have seized shut.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    Richardson is being a champion wheelsucker, refusing to close any gap that opens up.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Get in! Cav!
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    Cav!!!!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • JimD666
    Cav! Get in :)
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    Well done Cav!!
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Get in Cav! U-23 Jersey for Watson also well deserved. Fun race that
  • Dorset_Boy
    Who was second in the end?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    Cav was pretty deserving there
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Good race
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JimD666

Watson
  • mididoctors
    Hayter went way too.early
  • Pross
    Turner looked like he was struggling a lot of the time so was surprised when he was the Ineos rider to get in the decisive move and to then attack so far out.

Excellent win for Cav, didn't miss a move all day and took his turns. Did a good job of forcing others not to sit in too. Very entertaining race with some surprise riders making the final cut.
  • Dorset_Boy
    JimD666 said:

Watson
    Good, he and Cav did the bulk of the work in thae last lap and a half, whilst Richardson sat in apart from his two attacks.

Turner looked massive in comparison to the others!
  • mididoctors

JimD666 said:

Watson
    Good, he and Cav did the bulk of the work in thae last lap and a half, whilst Richardson sat in apart from his two attacks.

Turner looked massive in comparison to the others!
    Richardson was pretty savy but clearly weakest of the 3 .. he took his shot at attacking them at the right moment . Just didn't have it through
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Turner looked like he was struggling a lot of the time so was surprised when he was the Ineos rider to get in the decisive move and to then attack so far out.

Excellent win for Cav, didn't miss a move all day and took his turns. Did a good job of forcing others not to sit in too. Very entertaining race with some surprise riders making the final cut.

Ineos should have kept it together longer before trying the old 1 2
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Can anyone remind me just where Cavendish is on the finished/not finished scale again?

Really pleased for him, and sounds like a proper job of work to achieve it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    What does Pat do....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    Well we all know he's a law unto himself; if he's taking Jacobsen, can he really take Cav as well? However, how can you leave Cav out?
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    I was on course and 10 not yards from the finishing line when Cav went over.
    The problem for anyone going solo was that the downhill from CD was into a cross/headwind, the flat section from the Dalbeattie turn to the Gelston road was a fierce block head wind and the climb was negated by the very strong headwind. Hayter was doing 37mph going uphill!
    I reckon Cav benefitted from the wind direction.

From the consensus of the few riders who I talked with, they thought the conditions were 'fun' despite commentators ascribing different adjectives.
    They seemed to love being in Galloway. - many complements all round, despite the weather (and it was rough). The deluge on the last lap of the women's just wasn't visible on TV.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    I was privileged to be on the mic today (and all weekend) and call Cav over the line. I did the same in 2013 in Glasgow.

Today's racing was immense. Gutted for Bostock today and Sammi Stuart on Friday. Both were very unlucky.

. Heck, next year's Worlds course will probably replicate some of today's course.

No. Para events using that course.

TT will be on the flat lands of Forth Valley west of Stirling, finishing by going up thr volcano to Stirling Castle Esplanade.

Replication of Chris Boardman 1998 Pru Tour prologue win

https://fb.watch/dUwRin6wY9/

In other news... If you were there today I take full responsibility for Baby Shark / Darude Sandstorm mash up and Scotland the Rave 😘🤣😘🤣🕺🕺🕺🕺
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    You were on the mic! Missed your mash up. I had to drive dahn saff this eve, so left CD before the end. Nice one Cav. He was in the front group right from the start.