Covid-19 - Still plenty around in June ‘22

Still testing positive after seven days and have had a really bad week of nausea and headaches and just lying in bed. My wife has caught it from me and has been just as rough. Haven’t felt like this for absolutely years. We’re both fully jabbed, but last jabs we’re back in the Winter, so guessing have lost some of their impact.Today is first day of hopefully starting to feel better, but back to bed v shortly.
Still not sure how I caught it.
I’m guessing that there must be a new variant and wave around.
Life must go on, but keep taking those precautions, where possible, as I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,271
    edited June 2022
    Yep...
    I got it at work and passed it on to my wife, just like you... before we are both done and dusted, it'll be a couple of weeks of misery, during which we hardly consume or spend (or work), so I am not sure if all this saving on testing is actually worth the money. Neither were bed bound, but it's not a pleasant virus to have, like a cold on steroids and as you say, slow to clear.
    Vaccines have almost zero effect on preventing infection, the virus has mutated so much that it barely resembles the original. Luckily they still prevent the worst effects, although rumour is that the Omicron family likes to live in throat and nose rather than the lungs, so it might well be that even unvaccinated individuals have an easier time. Anyway, if I am offered a 4th dose, I'll take it and I will probably pass on work gatherings or any activity which isn't essential. I'd rather get it at the pub by choice than as a result of poor management
    left the forum March 2023
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    started feeling ill tuesday evening, took a test friday and positive. Like being pi55ed with heavy flu.
    Fully jabbed, played by the (Welsh) rules throughout, first time I’ve had it… hope it lasts no longer than a week.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just #wankitout

All will be fine.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ugo.santalucia
    oxoman said:

My understanding is that most people that are getting what they think is cv19 are just carrying on as normal and working unless they feel to shite to do so. A few people I know are still testing as part of their jobs but most CBA to buy tests let alone use them. I think its just got to be accepted that its a nasty cold now and we have to live with it.

Colds tend to be seasonal, this one isn't and spreads a lot quicker. It lasts longer (in my case we go from 3-4 days for the typical cold to 8-9 days)... overall it could end up being a bit of a burden to society if let loose and I wonder if free testing should have continued as a mean of controlling the spread... money is tight and I don't see many running to buy kits at Boots. Also interesting to see whether further vaccinations (hopefully more specific to Omicron) will be offered for the over 50, together with the flu jab
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited June 2022
    Tests won't be free because they Tories gave all the spare tests that used to be given out for free to Boots to sell.

The CEO went to uni with de pffeffel by the way.

#coincedence
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Yep, apparently the infection rate was around 1 in 50 people at the end of last week. There are two new Omicron variants which are the drivers. Another surge over the summer is likely, according to the experts.
  • molteni_man
    molteni_man Posts: 444
    It’s certainly a lot worse than a bad summer cold Oxoman!
    Too rough to #it out MF : - ) !
    Hope others who have also got it start feeling better soon. Can’t wait to be able to get on the bike again Ugo and gethinceri, but don’t think that’s going to be for a few more days yet earliest !
    As said earlier, life has to go on, but am interested that it seems to be pretty prevalent at the moment. I always thought it would obviously return, but am surprised that it’s in the middle of Summer, rather than Autumn / Winter too. Definitely need to see another round of vaccinations fairly soon I reckon.
  • ugo.santalucia
    I've been on the Kickr for some 20-30 minute sessions over the past 3 days... nothing too taxing, a few sub threshold efforts and all seems fine. I'll head out for a short ride today, as it warms up.
    I had to cancel a 100 mile TT on July 3rd, but I am still hopeful I can do a couple of hill climbs next week... I'll make a decision on Thursday or Friday
  • ugo.santalucia
    Healed. Tested negative a couple of days ago and today is the first day that I have zero symptoms leftover… I even managed one minute at 8.2W/kg, which Strava thinks is my best ever
  • paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    Just caught it for the first time. moderate symptoms so alternating between sofa and bed. Partner now has mild symptoms but still testing negative.
    Hoping it will be just a week but can't see me pushing it on the bike for quite a while.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,422

That’s it keep taking that poison until you get a blood clot or miocarditis. It gave me tinnitus and hearing issues , I should never have gone near it. 3 years and 3 months since this monumental scam started and I still haven’t had it despite testing positive for four days. There’s no way it could have been this terrible scurge I’ve had cold that were ten times worse.

I've had 7 , yes, 7 jabs and I'm fine (obviously not fine for needing 7 jabs) but there we are. Stop spouting this utter cobblers!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    It's fascinating to hear from someone who definitely hasn't had it, despite us knowing for years now that it can be asymptomatic for some people, and them testing positive for it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    The logic is “I have not had any Covid ill effects therefore nobody else has.”
    Nuts.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 609
    pblakeney said:

Nuts.

Logic?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

That’s it keep taking that poison until you get a blood clot or miocarditis. It gave me tinnitus and hearing issues , I should never have gone near it. 3 years and 3 months since this monumental scam started and I still haven’t had it despite testing positive for four days. There’s no way it could have been this terrible scurge I’ve had cold that were ten times worse.

I've had 7 , yes, 7 jabs and I'm fine (obviously not fine for needing 7 jabs) but there we are. Stop spouting this utter cobblers!
    It’s also possible the Tinnitus and hearing issues were as a result of Covid.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    webboo said:

It’s also possible the Tinnitus and hearing issues were as a result of Covid.

Mine certainly is and it's the least of my worries from long covid, eight months on.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328

7, blimey! I've had 5 and I thought I was ahead of most. Had it for the first time in February, felt rough for a few days but had lingering blocked nose on my left side ever since. Seems to be clearing now, but if I stop taking steroid spray for hayfever it's back. But how much is the post-covid and how much is hayfever? Normally only get hayfever very late season, so now would be the time. April and May was too early for me to have it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    Munsford0 said:

pblakeney said:

Nuts.

Logic?
    Certainly poor logic. Maybe thought process is better phrasing.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.