tuesday in a local minimum

'ning

nippy, cloudy, soggy later, sigh

ride, cafe, lightning raid on gmc to do a thing i'd have done yesterday if i'd known it needed doing, bail, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Chilled start after pub based recovery last night.

Work stuff then will try a run later, then probably pub as it feels holiday ish and the wife is away
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Last day WFW before a 5 day weekend :sunglasses: how much can go wrong between now and home time?
    Third day in a row running and nothing bad has happened apart from a trip to Greggs.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Last day WFW before a 5 day weekend :sunglasses: how much can go wrong between now and home time?
    Third day in a row running and nothing bad has happened apart from a trip to Greggs.

What's bad about a trip to Greggs?

Same here on the last day at work, the only bad thing being I have to do a return trip to Scouserpool tomorrow to convoy back with junior and her piles of junk/dirty laundry from uni. Better check my locking wheel nuts are nice 'n' tight...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Painted the kitchen and restored the wood worktops to former glory all in one day yesterday and now paying the price.
    Shall try and not get fidgety, rest and eat plenty today.

The C40 is listed on Fleabay.
    Mrs P says I can have another bike if I make room (by selling a bike). So much for n+1. I suppose it's fair enough really.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Painted the kitchen and restored the wood worktops to former glory all in one day yesterday and now paying the price.

Mrs P says I can have another bike if I make room (by selling a bike). So much for n+1. I suppose it's fair enough really.

Ooohhhhh Stevo - a chance to get a decent road bike
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

It's too good for him.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

And Pinno can get a nice DH rig
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

And Pinno can get a C60 with SR.
    FTFY (and it will go downhill).

• Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

FTFY.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Lads just been taking the pixx with asking if 500 is worth it for this bike. Turns out it's supposedly an 8k team bike. OUCH.

Manly bikes don't come cheap.
  • pinno
    There's no hope when the recipient hasn't got a clue what's on offer TLW.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

He should just trust the room
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I'm waiting for the 'which bike for £x?' in road buying advice thread and then paying silly money for the wrong thing as opposed to a classy bit of kit with a classy gruppo and the most fantastic wheels* for climbing those downs.

*One's which, in their current incarnation, are upwards of £800 a pair.

Some people.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

They say you should 'buy the seller' when it comes to buying on Fleabay. That's a firm no from me then :p
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I'm waiting for the 'which bike for £x?' in road buying advice thread and then paying silly money for the wrong thing as opposed to a classy bit of kit with a classy gruppo and the most fantastic wheels* for climbing those downs.

Some people.
    Have you got one that doesn't look like it's made out of red drinking straws?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day of firefighting in the orifice, unfortunately not actual fires. It's wet and miserable out there so I took advantage of the half term lack of traffic and drove in. Wobbled to Croydon last night, what a shithole that is. Passed the end of B³'s road, but didn't stop as it was late.
    Good luck with selling the 'nago to buy another one Pinno. Where's Seano? He should be asking Stevo about bike buying advice as he wants to get his Mrs a hybrid.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Couple hours back booked a slot at the tip, it's The System, for now 1/2 hour's time. Heavens have just opened with rolling thunder etc etc and it's Wet. Erse. Need to use the slot, not keeping that load of total junk in my car overnight.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    Say's the purchaser of a Snapierre.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    orraloon said:

Couple hours back booked a slot at the tip, it's The System, for now 1/2 hour's time. Heavens have just opened with rolling thunder etc etc and it's Wet. Erse. Need to use the slot, not keeping that load of total junk in my car overnight.

The SunGod saw off the RainGods in time for me not to get soaked. Result. Thank you sg.

Pretty much done for today in the shift keerap mode. Do some measuring up a la what to go where then a quick refresher in the microbrewery tap room beckons.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    Mine didn't snap and it definitely didn't look like it might...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

Oooh, that's nice. AIn't that wot sungod's got? Or is his more shinier?
  • thistle_

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

I think his has got more shiny bits.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

Still looks a bit 'snappy'. Mind you, when I do get a roadie bike I fancy something made of Ti.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

Still looks a bit 'snappy'. Mind you, when I do get a roadie bike I fancy something made of Ti.
    Why; 'cos it sounds good?

What do you want from a road bike, do you know?

The C40 won on the cobbles at Paris Roubaix 5 times no less.
    In the first year with the Mapei team's boss fretting all night prior to the race with the C40's debut, he called Ernesto Colnago.
    Colnago had tested the thing to breaking point and Ernesto had to persuade the Mapei-Quick step boss that it was a safe option.
    The C40 was the winning bike - 3 in the top 10 were C40's. The following year, it was a 1st 2nd 3rd.

You could spend upwards of £3k on a new, modern bike and easily have something inferior to that C40.

• tlw1
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

In the first year with the Mapei team's boss fretting all night prior to the race with the C40's debut, he called Ernesto Colnago.
    Colnago had tested the thing to breaking point and Ernesto had to persuade the Mapei-Quick step boss that it was a safe option.
    The C40 was the winning bike - 3 in the top 10 were C40's. The following year, it was a 1st 2nd 3rd.

You could spend upwards of £3k on a new, modern bike and easily have something inferior to that C40.

They aren’t nice those cobbles
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

Best do 'em on a mountain bike.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

Best do 'em on a mountain bike.
    ...and come last.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Some people.
    How about silver straws?

mine's shinier, the original xcr, before they covered shiny with heavy paint

handmade in milan by proper chaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap6R2A8Ykr8
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    edited June 2022
    'Hand made in Italy' is the common denominator between the XCR and the C40 SG.

But it's a bit like trying to explain to Shorty why Russia is bombing Ukraine.