Giro 2022 - Stage 12: Parma – Genova 202 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    Big group
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

I reckon there's going to be a split with about 30 riders in front soon.

You were right
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Strain 17.2
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Molema signals his blue jersey intent for the final week
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Yes but what's his strain
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,934
    edited May 2022

Yes but what's his strain

Depends how much fibre he's had ;)
  • mididoctors
    No selection effort per sae on this climb
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,268
    Anyone there who can hammer it up the 8% climb and get rid of MVDP? I don't think so.
  • kingstongraham

Anyone there who can hammer it up the 8% climb and get rid of MVDP? I don't think so.

Another take that stood the test of time.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Surprised how much time they've allowed Kelderman to gain.
  • kingstongraham
    I hope they're being paid a shitload for showing this strain number.
  • blazing_saddles
    Surprised they have let Kelderman back into the GC mix.
  • blazing_saddles
    Oldani edged out Rota for the win.
    Thank goodness I had him in my long list of stage favourites...
  • mididoctors
    LOL ... Fun sprint
  • mididoctors

That stage start hurt the legs ... No one wanted the effort ...
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,437
    one of the many other previewers I read had rota as his choice!

Oldani edged out Rota for the win.
    Thank goodness I had him in my long list of stage favourites...

• kingstongraham
    edited May 2022

Only about as much as Carthy is still in the mix though.

Edit - about as much as Nibali.
  • mididoctors
    Fast stage
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589

I assume Elvis hit 21.1 on the toilet which is what finished him off.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907

To be fair, it's provided one of the few things to comment on. It's been a really dull race so far, especially from a GC perspective.
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 709

Keldermann said afterwards "I don't care about the classification anymore. even three minutes behind is a lot. I'm not good enough to ride in front. with jai (hindley) and emu (buchmann) we now have two other good people with us.”

• kingstongraham
    phreak said:

To be fair, it's provided one of the few things to comment on. It's been a really dull race so far, especially from a GC perspective.
    You need to change your perspective then.

There's always someone who complains about the lack of gc action in the first half.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642

phreak said:

You need to change your perspective then.

There's always someone who complains about the lack of gc action in the first half.
    I think there's been less complaining than usual so far, so perhaps that means it is above average.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,649
    That was a classic stage where everyone knew the break would win, so everyone bust a gut to get in the break and then they were all too knackered to do much more
  • mididoctors
    jimmyjams said:

Keldermann said afterwards "I don't care about the classification anymore. even three minutes behind is a lot. I'm not good enough to ride in front. with jai (hindley) and emu (buchmann) we now have two other good people with us.”

Yeah he would say that thou 😉

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    edited May 2022

C+P fromCyclingTips

Hatch then shared an anecdote about how he and Kelly had spotted a fudge shop on their way back to the studio and how he’d eaten the majority of it before their return to commentary duties.

“You’ve gone in the fudge shop and you’ve consumed it straight away,” McEwen chimed in. “I mean, the fudge packers were wasting their time.”
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95. said:

C+P fromCyclingTips

Hatch then shared an anecdote about how he and Kelly had spotted a fudge shop on their way back to the studio and how he’d eaten the majority of it before their return to commentary duties.

“You’ve gone in the fudge shop and you’ve consumed it straight away,” McEwen chimed in. “I mean, the fudge packers were wasting their time.”
    Not one I have heard of before.
    So an unfortunate choice of words, but I guess that in context doesn't carry much weight, when these days, folks can so easily choose to take offence, regardless of context.

I thought it might have been his use of: "call a spade a spade", the other day.

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Since I criticized them thoroughly before, solid showing from Alpecin. Made their numbers work for them this time. Would have been good to do the same on the de Gendt and Girmay stage wins.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

RichN95. said:

C+P fromCyclingTips

Not one I have heard of before.
    So an unfortunate choice of words, but I guess that in context doesn't carry much weight, when these days, folks can so easily choose to take offence, regardless of context.

I thought it might have been his use of: "call a spade a spade", the other day.

You've not heard that before??

I mean, it was pretty common playground slang when I were a lad.