Ciao a tutti - Giro 2022, May 6th - 29th: Pre Race Team Info, Chat and Gossip

2»

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,239
    I like the stupid amount of sponsors writing on the front, but that colour is a no from me. Should be luminous.

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    edited May 2022
    These are the bookies' odds

11/8 Carapaz
    11/2 Almeida
    6/1 Yates
    8/1 Landa
    10/1 Lopez, Bardet
    20/1 Dumoulin, Buchmann
    22/1Kelderman
    25/1 Bilbao
    33/1 Porte
    40/1 Sosa, Foss, Carthy
    50/1 Sivalov, Hindley, Ciccone
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,341
    Love the Yates odds. Think he is stronger than Carapaz, but Carapaz has the better team. If there were more TT km's, I'd pick Yates. I wouldn't bet it, because while the odds are good, I don't think he will win.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    That is an appaulingly made tiktok... 🥴
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    RichN95. said:

These are the bookies' odds

11/8 Carapaz
    11/2 Almeida
    6/1 Yates
    8/1 Landa
    10/1 Lopez, Bardet
    20/1 Dumoulin, Buchmann
    22/1Kelderman
    25/1 Bilbao
    33/1 Porte
    40/1 Sosa, Foss, Carthy
    50/1 Sivalov, Hindley, Ciccone

Don't see value in any of those odds. Carapaz a strong favourite for me but, given the sheer number of things that can go wrong over the course of a GT, those odds suck.

Assumed my man Arensman would be on long, long odds, but can't find him anywhere better than 50/1 for the win, 16/1 top 3 and 2/1 top 10, all of which looks about right to me. Shame, I thought he'd be more under the radar.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,612
    I think Almeida and Yates look decent value in comparison with Carapaz, but then I always feel Carapaz is a bit overrated.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    Should run a sweep on how Landa loses 1-2 minutes on a non mountain stage....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Dialatron
    Dialatron Posts: 1,101
    Coral got Bardet 14/1 - seems a decent shout for each-way with recent showings
    Old, fat and that's just the bike.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534

I think Almeida and Yates look decent value in comparison with Carapaz, but then I always feel Carapaz is a bit overrated.

Carthy e/w looks the best bet to me.