'ning

brrr

ride, cafes, do stuff, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Great news re pay Oxo

Gentle cold run with hounds, work stuff and then off out for the final part of the current wife’s birthday. Not that I begrudge her as her cat died yesterday, so perfect timing to cheer he up.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Top stuff re pay Oxo!

Slow start to day, coffee, not a lot on, POET as its Friday.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    You'd think the engineering firm I work for would think the same about their engineers...

The world is ending, Greggs have run out of baguettes although it might just an April fool's joke. Talking of which, time to get busy before everyone else gets into the office.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Well done Oxo! Our latest engineer/support guy has just resigned after 3 weeks on the job! His management are complete incompetent shysters. His job is so far removed from the job description he applied for you'd think it was an April Fools joke.

I digress. 'morning. WFW. Ride in was arctic. Cold hands, feet, ears, nose. Prescription drugs and alcohol later.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    There's little surrealism in today that I can see SG.

Sunny but brrr..

Tricky was being extra Tricky today.
    What a wonderful world to live in where time is of no consequence.
    More Mercedes alarm/immobilisation investigation today. It's super perplexing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    Good news on money Oxo. At least you won't freeze to death now.

Sorry to hear about the cat tlw :( Pets are part of the family.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Chilly and breezy here so I'm staying staying inside, lucky it was only a 30 second commute to the office. More torturing numbers and dealing with idiocy in the Kingdom of Far Far Away.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I hope that the cat had good life.
    All we can do is give them that.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

Sorry to hear about the cat tlw :( Pets are part of the family.

Too true
    pinno said:

I hope that the cat had good life.
    All we can do is give them that.

We did, though can’t say the hounds did as much as we did
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Great news re pay Oxo

Gentle cold run with hounds, work stuff and then off out for the final part of the current wife’s birthday. Not that I begrudge her as her cat died yesterday, so perfect timing to cheer he up.

that's rubbish news re cat - really sorry to hear.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

Great news re pay Oxo

that's rubbish news re cat - really sorry to hear.
    Cheers to all of the MFs
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    sad news tlw

made me think of this

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh, computer is playing an April fools joke on me, not sure what it's excuse has been the rest of the year. Rather chilly out, thankfully my commute was even shorter than Stevo's trip to the twatcave. I just had to fall down the stairs. Very glad it's Friday, it's been a long week.
    Good luck with cheering up the EPO TLW, I reckon Seano could have a suggestion for you.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Oof, my head isn't the best today. Serves me right for monstering the red wine...
    Gym later, ride on Saturday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    Just had an email from the CFO saying we need to join a Teams call this afternoon at short notice but with no indication of what it's about. Sounds a bit ominous, luckily there are too many invitees for it to be a sacking...
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Just had an email from the CFO saying we need to join a Teams call this afternoon at short notice but with no indication of what it's about. Sounds a bit ominous, luckily there are too many invitees for it to be a sacking...

yeah, i bet thats what the lads st P&O said, the poorbuggers.

MFs not going to get evicted is he if it sll goes wrong? Not that it eill of course, not with that msny people on a Teams course on a Friday arvo, oh no, no, no.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Any less than 800 is a poor show.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MFs not going to get evicted is he if it sll goes wrong? Not that it eill of course, not with that msny people on a Teams course on a Friday arvo, oh no, no, no.
    I might have to up the rent a bit...

Not too worried in any event, I'm on 6 months notice and the market is hotter than than trebuche'd bike at the moment.
  • tlw1

Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh, computer is playing an April fools joke on me, not sure what it's excuse has been the rest of the year. Rather chilly out, thankfully my commute was even shorter than Stevo's trip to the twatcave. I just had to fall down the stairs. Very glad it's Friday, it's been a long week.
    Good luck with cheering up the EPO TLW, I reckon Seano could have a suggestion for you.

Thank you - he would have to post to suggest something though!
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

sad news tlw

made me think of this

I like that - thank you
  • MattFalle
    edited April 2022
  • MattFalle

Any less than 800 is a poor show.

sort of set the bar now haven't they?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not too worried in any event, I'm on 6 months notice and the market is hotter than than trebuche'd bike at the moment.
    So it will be you at the back with your hand up bouncing around shouting "me! me! me!"?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

So it will be you at the back with your hand up bouncing around shouting "me! me! me!"?
    Nah, I quite like it here but if I do get the boot I'm not too worried.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

Morning folks,

Thank you - he would have to post to suggest something though!
    Maybe he tried to cheer up his better half so can't post or is too busy to post :D
    Too cold and windy for him to be out on his bike, he's a soft southerner like me.
    @seanoconn any ideas on how TLW can cheer up his current wife?
  • pinno
    edited April 2022
    Good day:

Throttle fixed.
    Alarm/immobiliser fixed.
    Got given an original IR key fob to swap the guts of my shyte Ali express job over.

Need 2 V 205-55-16 tyres and i'm just about ready to sell.

Fixed fat mates wheel (broken spokes).
    Cheap wheels are shyte to work on.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    Phew, still got a job. The call was about the CEO stepping down and a high level reshuffle associated with that.
  • pinno
    Are you going for the CEO position?
  • veronese68
    And that call was the CFO lining himself up for the position and checking who was with him?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Are you going for the CEO position?

Nope. The COO got that, they already decided and announced it at the same time. Used to by my boss a few years ago so all well and good on that front.