Close Pass Videos - What to do with them

2»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,680
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

In Scotland these still have to be submitted on a CD in a suitable format.

In other news we do now have electricity in many homes.

Not true, though I sense you are not being serious...
    FA is being forced against his will to live in a country that he detests.
    That is the impression his posts leave anyway.
    I love the country, just not the people. And I live here because this is where I work.

Probably I wouldn't like Endlish people either, and there are a lot more of them.
    Sounds like you need to get a job somewhere even more remote.
    Faroes?
    Tempting.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,460
    Northern Chad?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • First.Aspect
    pinno said:

Northern Chad?

Too hot.
  • pinno
    Antarctica?
  • pinno

pinno said:

Antarctica?

Too cold.
  • pinno
    The Amazon?
  • pinno
    pinno said:

pinno said:

The Amazon?

Too steamy.
  • pinno
    Faroe Islands it is then.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    dannbodge said:

SO finally had an update, after having to send an email chasing the three reported close pass incidents.

Close pass 1 - No action as i didn't include the video, didn't realise you had to provide a link to an external hosting site
    Close pass 2 - Car went past whilst another was coming the opposite way - They've been sent a letter
    Close pass 3 (the one with contact) - The owner/driver has been sent a letter. See below:

"Thank you for your submission. The driving behaviour demonstrated has been reviewed and is of a poor standard but will not meet the burden of proof to provide a realistic prospect of conviction at court.
    The owner/driver has been issued a warning in writing informing them of their actions and risk of prosecution in the future"

Basically. We can't be arsed to look into this anymore. Seeing as the news has published drivers being punished for less with less, I'm disappointed with this result.
    It's better than nothing.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

1). The form says "don't worry, we'll ask you for the video later", implying that they will ask you... and don't provide a way (i.e. email address) to pass the link to them later.

2) Hmm

3) Goddamn it. , hitting another road user and it not being clear enough that " that's not driving with due care and attention" is a really broken state of affairs.

Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    katani said:

dannbodge said:

Thanks for the post.

If I receive anything back I will update the thread.

I'm not holding my breath but seeing as Northampton police recently fined a driver for a close pass (it's in the papers) and no contact was made, I'd hope that mine (where I was actually nudged by the car) would get pursued.

If you or your bike actually got touched by the driver, and it's on camera, then it should be an absolute shoe-in for at least a driving awareness course.

But they absolutely are aware or what they are doing and why. 100% of those very close passes are intentional. What they need to be made aware is that there will be consequences, and painful ones. A hefty fine, points on the licence and a letter to the insurer.

Indeed.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • First.Aspect
    pinno said:

Antarctica?

Warmer than it used to be.

What's the broadband like there? Can't be any worse than Midlothian.
  • First.Aspect
    pinno said:

The Amazon?

I already live on a farm.
  • pinno
    Faroe Islands it is then.

pinno said:

Antarctica?

Warmer than it used to be.

What's the broadband like there? Can't be any worse than Midlothian.
    Probably quite good given the abundance of research stations.