'ning

windy, dry but nippy

ride, cafes, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Was looking forward to a sunny morning in the mountains but forecast now says no :disappointed:

Need a backup plan which doesn't involve hypothermia.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Oxo house is now being renamed blue badge house

Shoot sleep due to bad back, bright side watched war dogs again. Wife is actually feeling sorry for me and is taking the dogs for a walk 😳

Going for a sauna to see if it helps, then get ready for tonight’s dinner party - should be a giggle it’s a rearranged New Year’s Eve party with 14 of us
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,609
    Up a bit early for a Saturday for my liking. Early dog walk then go get Mrs. 666's car back from the repair shop. After that, will gather up bits of wood strewn around the garden and probably watch a bit of football later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    ‘Ning.

Nope. It’s deffo dust. It’s everywhere. I can see it on all surfaces from my isolation nest/bed. The dust has landed. That or I’m going slowly insane. Head feels like an overpumped SodaStream. How many more days of this do I have to endure….

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    ^ about 7 days and 15 hours roughly.

What's with the back TLW?

Garden is in one piece thank fook.
    Today will be R&R and taking the toots for a Covid Jab.
    Jack has decided the world hasn't come to an end. He moaned a helluva lot at me yesterday.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198
    Long planned group visit sesh to a microbrewery today, Siren Craft for the aficionados, full taste spectrum explosion. Logistics of getting there, no one driving obvs, now complicated given continuing trains disruption. 🤞 a way through can be plotted.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Often get a bad back from sleeping and then a crash on Sunday and two the other night have really not helped. Think it’s time for a trip to the doctors
  • photonic69
    Hurrah! Clinical trials antivirals finally arrived. I’m on so many pills now if you shook me I’d be louder than a pair of Bez’s maracas!

• Slow day, woke up with major case of CBA. Managed some shed faff, a few other chores and that was it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • photonic69
    Clearly delirious! I’m imagining cycling up the Stelvio Pass this Autumn. Might leave room in my back pocket for two maracas….

• thistle_

Clearly delirious! I’m imagining cycling up the Stelvio Pass this Autumn. Might leave room in my back pocket for two maracas….

Those pills sound better than EPO
  • thistle_
    The weather forecast was predicting a break in the wet and windiness so took a chance and went out for a bit, and glad I did. Still windy AF.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    EPO's birthday today so been out and about. Went up to town for a late lunch at the Oxo tower, this was made rather more complicated than it should have been as there were no trains. Good food though and she enjoyed it so all is well, my wallet was lightened considerably and were out again for what I'm sure will be a boozy lunch tomorrow.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198
    And made it despite cancellations to Siren Craft to find they had power cut so no brewery trip. But they did do us a tasting sesh in their barrel room, well good. Then some more beers in pubs on way back. 11 hours after v light breakfast think it's time to get some food on board...
  • tlw1

Ready for fun

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Often get a bad back from sleeping and then a crash on Sunday and two the other night have really not helped. Think it’s time for a trip to the doctors
    I like my bar for hanging on and stretching. I think trench digging isn't the best for your back but it's improving slowly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I like my bar for hanging on and stretching. I think trench digging isn't the best for your back but it's improving slowly.
    Cheers Pinno
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Cheers Pinno
    You know he's not talking about the type of bar you serve drinks from, at least I don't think he is
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Ready for fun

Where's everyone else? They're going to miss out...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Went up to town for a late lunch at the Oxo tower

Fnarr Fnarr
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/12770891/the-oxo-tower
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Cheers Pinno
    You know he's not talking about the type of bar you serve drinks from, at least I don't think he is
    Stevo_666 said:

Went up to town for a late lunch at the Oxo tower

Fnarr Fnarr
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/12770891/the-oxo-tower
    Indeed, why do you think I didn't mention taking the kids 😳