Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Just been busted for speeding by the Po Po.

3.5 mph over the limit through an empty country road.

Even the bambini laughed at him but fair play, he's only doing his job on a cold rainy morning.

In the Argo? 😳
    Must have been downhill with a tailwind.
    MattFalle said:

new minion not worked out or different position?

if you can get a bump that'll be nice..... new toy or two 😁😁😁

The panzer is out of warranty. The pay rise would simply pay for repairs.
    Nope - 3 year warranty and El Panzero isn't 3 for another few weeks :smile: In any event it'd be chicken feed compared to the time and money you spend on your upturned skips on wheels.
    You cheeky fecker: I could guarantee that my current batch of skips totalled up including restoration work and purchase cost, will still be less than what you spent on your only (estate) car that you park where you can see it from your man cave boudoir.
    It's worth investing 'cos I couldn't fix it myself.
    FTFY.
    You know why I listened at school...
    Yes, 'cos you realised early on that you had better get a job where you weren't asked to fix anything.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Even the bambini laughed at him but fair play, he's only doing his job on a cold rainy morning.

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

Nope - 3 year warranty and El Panzero isn't 3 for another few weeks :smile: In any event it'd be chicken feed compared to the time and money you spend on your upturned skips on wheels.
    You cheeky fecker: I could guarantee that my current batch of skips totalled up including restoration work and purchase cost, will still be less than what you spent on your only (estate) car that you park where you can see it from your man cave boudoir.
    FTFY.
    Yes, 'cos you realised early on that you had better get a job where you weren't asked to fix anything.
    Missus oconn finds my ability to fix stuff attractive. Something to do with real men taking care of Sh!t without asking for help. You’d expect more from Captain Caveman Stevo.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    edited February 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

FTFY.
    Missus oconn finds my ability to fix stuff attractive. Something to do with real men taking care of Sh!t without asking for help. You’d expect more from Captain Caveman Stevo.
    Now, there's something in there that you perhaps haven't considered.
    I was tinkering with this heap of a SEAT that was I used as a 'company car' (what a joke). It was a means to get to work cheap, not worry about theft when left for driving work (through an agency).
    Along comes this attractive Polish woman (too old to flick my switch) showing interest in what I was doing and low and behold she appears the next time the car played up and I had the bonnet up.

I mentioned this to my well travelled friend and he suggested that Eastern Europeans held the ability to fix things in higher regard. So I think it's cultural. Here, you're just a bloke who likes getting all oilly and mucky and is therefore both inferior and smelly.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,467
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

FTFY.
    I do the stuff, just outsource a lot of it :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited February 2022
    TDV doesn't give ashit tbh - she's just happy i'm not under her feet/annoying the hound.

costs - what - £100 a month to keep me in tinkering bits n bobs: that's money well spent in her eyes.

#oubliettelife
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    £100 a month! Jeezo.
  • MattFalle
    admittedly thats across the board for all mycrap but i actually don't think that's too bad.

• pinno
    MattFalle said:

admittedly thats across the board for all mycrap but i actually don't think that's too bad.

I agree.
    I wish my toys cost £100 a month.
    Just bought oil and filter (with a 15% discount) for Porker #2 and it was £96.
  • MattFalle
    ouch. ouch ouch ouch.

thats part of ybr reason i don't get involved in motor related projects snymore - i remrmber buying m/bike bits and it was £70 here£150 there..... all added up.

bought a couple of Zefal carbon 'cages yesterday. £20.

now thats doable.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,745
    oxoman said:

Can't remember the last time I required oil for the car. Service plan saves me a load of hassle. Bike bits and Bob's cost me more than the car.

I'm calling that.
    You must spend shitloads on bike bits & bobs. Service plans are not cheap.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,745
    Okay, but sweeteners on a deal doesn't necessarily mean free, it's just built in.
    You've got a good deal but it's not a fair general point.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    I got a load of sweeteners when i bought the Aygo - alloy protection, paint protection, service thing.... generally use to neither man nor beast, to a pickle or a pie, but it made me happy and the salesman happy because he had happy customer so two happy people in this world is a winner in my book
  • MattFalle
    i'm with Oxo on this.