friday accelerating pointy things for a purpose

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153

masjer said:

Obviously, MF has been p1ssing these Honorary Police off!

That would be quite an achievement from Wales, but then the MFs do seem quite adept at upsetting a few on here so who knows :D

And the MFs are everywhere, apparently you're never 100 m away from one.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564

masjer said:

Obviously, MF has been p1ssing these Honorary Police off!

That would be quite an achievement from Wales, but then the MFs do seem quite adept at upsetting a few on here so who knows :D

I've heard of the long arm of the law, but he's not in Wales. He lives in Jersey. He's a Falle not a Jones.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Is Falle Islandspeak for Smith or Jones?
    Something else I've learnt today. The other one was that Elton John and Tim Rice did backing vocals on Lily the Pink and Jack Bruce played bass.
  • masjer

Something else I've learnt today. The other one was that Elton John and Tim Rice did backing vocals on Lily the Pink and Jack Bruce played bass.

It's a Jersey born and bred name. There are quite a few names particular to the Island- Pallot Le Sueur, De Carteret, Falle etc
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    masjer said:

It's a Jersey born and bred name. There are quite a few names particular to the Island- Pallot Le Sueur, De Carteret, Falle etc
    Missed off Dodger there. V particular.

Well the rain eased just as we started today so didn't get wet at all. Tick, result.

Hazel escaped my attention, though lots of others went coppicing. I was part of a small subgroup of pyros, mega burning brash bonfire sesh where a hedge laying team had been at work earlier in the week, they had reduced and laid a very overgrown stretch with much hawthorn and blackthorn. And today was in lovely location on the ridge with cracking views over The Valley. So all good.

Cold beer beckons. Deserved, again.
  • masjer
    orraloon said:

masjer said:

Missed off Dodger there. V particular.

Yeah, the Dodgers are locally called 1.1k residents. ie bringing their money into the island away from the nasty UK tax man.
  • Afternoon workers scroungers and slackers. Kids positive Monday, wife Wednesday and me last night. Spent the whole week filling in pizz poor forms for track and trace gravy train, ffs, never ending. No wonder no one answers the phone to them.
    Anyway hoping to spin it out to a 10day weekend.
    Am I supposed to hand a marker on the door, like a plague house?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    MattFalle said:

new minion not worked out or different position?

if you can get a bump that'll be nice..... new toy or two 😁😁😁

New minion (the one I mentioned a while back) is getting a promotion and we've brought in a grad recruit to fill her shoes. One other in the department has moved on as she got a biggish money offer from a bank so we're replacing her and I've had clearance to expand my evil tax avoidance empire by 2 more (which is almost done now). All change...

Will have my review with the boss in a few weeks when I will drop a very handy salary survey and ask that he closes the gap or else I might have to stop fending off the headhunters :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    masjer said:

Jersey speed limit is 40mph (even an Aygo can do this), but there are loads of 15-20-30mph. Green lanes (country lanes) are 15mph limit, so 10%+2= 3.5mph, it could still work. So about 18.5mph and you could get booked.

15mph - some people can run faster than that. Someone tell Hoppy to move there right now :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bright and sunnny all day in the Dolomites, back to dull and misserable England tomorrow.
    Currently sat in bed completing PLFs with a gin and tonic. Skis are being serviced over night ready for next weekends French trip.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • masjer
    Stevo_666 said:

masjer said:

Jersey speed limit is 40mph (even an Aygo can do this), but there are loads of 15-20-30mph. Green lanes (country lanes) are 15mph limit, so 10%+2= 3.5mph, it could still work. So about 18.5mph and you could get booked.

15mph - some people can run faster than that. Someone tell Hoppy to move there right now :p
    Sometimes you can get into 2nd gear........sometimes. Police chases are nail-biting.
  • Stevo_666
    masjer said:

Stevo_666 said:

masjer said:

Sometimes you can get into 2nd gear........sometimes. Police chases are nail-biting.
    I know now why those 'police Interceptor' programmes never show anything from Jersey.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    masjer said:

His real name is Matteo Falleano
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    seanoconn said:

masjer said:

His real name is Matteo Falleano
    I thought that was one of Tony Montana's henchmen. I'll never kiss his ring.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Just been busted for speeding by the Po Po.

3.5 mph over the limit through an empty country road.

Even the bambini laughed at him but fair play, he's only doing his job on a cold rainy morning.

In the Argo? 😳
    Must have been downhill with a tailwind.
    MattFalle said:

The panzer is out of warranty. The pay rise would simply pay for repairs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2022
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Even the bambini laughed at him but fair play, he's only doing his job on a cold rainy morning.

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

Nope - 3 year warranty and El Panzero isn't 3 for another few weeks :smile: In any event it'd be chicken feed compared to the time and money you spend on your upturned skips on wheels.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

Nope - 3 year warranty and El Panzero isn't 3 for another few weeks :smile: In any event it'd be chicken feed compared to the time and money you spend on your upturned skips on wheels.
    Pinno - you left your sunroof open:

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

Pinno - you left your sunroof open:

Stop being unkind to skips :D
  • Stevo_666
    Now watching the mighty Boro playing some small, struggling North West club.
  • MattFalle
    Just flicked on the mbm - GET IN THE 'BORO!!!
  • pinno
    edited February 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

You cheeky fecker: I could guarantee that my current batch of skips totalled up including restoration work and purchase cost, will still be less than what you spent on your only (estate) car that you park where you can see it from your man cave boudoir.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

You cheeky fecker: I could guarantee that my current batch of skips totalled up including restoration work and purchase cost, will still be less than what you spent on your only (estate) car that you park where you can see it from your man cave boudoir.
    It's worth investing to avoid manual labour ;)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

It's worth investing 'cos I couldn't fix it myself.
    FTFY.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    MattFalle said:

It's worth investing 'cos I couldn't fix it myself.
    FTFY.
    You know why I listened at school...
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

The mighty Boro have a bit of a scare after a small club rises to the occasion, but they come good on penalties.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Young oxo currently preparing to rip his man u shirt up. 😊 he hates it when I wind him up.

If you're short of bog roll then that's a win-win situation, Oxo :)
  • thistle_ said:

sungod said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Run, work, first drinks of the week 😎

Probably the gym before the drinks and hopefully we will finish with a decent swim this time, unlike yesterday when the current wife picked up the kids PE kit bag rather than her gym bag 😂

Grown woman in girls PE kit 🤔

made me think of this for some reason, which is not a bad thing
    Can't get that picture out of my head now :p:

FTFY
    :D

• MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

The mighty Boro have a bit of a scare after a small club rises to the occasion, but they come good on penalties.
    agree - it was nearly a classic banana skin FA Cup slippery tie for for them but they showed their class to the end.

• pinno
    Plucky little Man U put up a helluva fight.
  • MattFalle
    Fair play to them but at least it gives them an aspiration to work towards.

Rangnic is a right sore loser as well - perfect for Manure and all they are.

#ABU