Vegan January

2»

Comments

• lab grown stuff is bound to be niche... you are pitching at a limited portion of a minority market.
    Might change in 10 years, but it will be a slow burner for some time... beyond meat approach seems more sensible
    left the forum March 2023
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    The farming unions will fight tooth and claw to not have these dairy replacements. Personally, I think it might be here sooner than 10 years.
    Here's the Israeli approach.https://imagindairy.com/
    The meat replacement is a separate issue.
  • Vegan power continues... today I did 4 W/kg for 40 minutes on a relatively flat course. I was motoring, but I think I could go a bit harder in race conditions. Normally, I only hit those numbers on very hilly courses.

Vegan sourdough pizza tonight... marinara sauce made with tomato, garlic, black olives, oregano, salt and pepper
  • 40 minutes at 4.25 W/kg today... keeps getting better!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Good going. I'm eating a lot less meat than I used to, wife doesn't eat meat and son's girlfriend is vegan. I don't really miss eating meat and even if we go out I don't necessarily go for meat dishes.
    I do struggle with vegan though, I enjoy cheese and other dairy products too much.
  • Actually, I've come to the conclusion that meat is not as bad as dairy, when it comes to inflammation and general wellbeing.
    In fact, I think that vegan + lean meat would probably be a better proposition than vegetarian.
    Obviously by that I mean proper meat... like a chicken breast or a brisket or a pork loin, rather than sausages, pastrami and bacon
  • Another bump in FTP… I did the first 20 minutes of a virtual race at 4.45w/kg… I then kept going for another 40 minutes, although power went down, so my maths say it’s at least 4.2 W/kg 😀
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616

Another bump in FTP… I did the first 20 minutes of a virtual race at 4.45w/kg… I then kept going for another 40 minutes, although power went down, so my maths say it’s at least 4.2 W/kg 😀

At this rate you'll be turning pro by the summer!
  • mrb123 said:

Another bump in FTP… I did the first 20 minutes of a virtual race at 4.45w/kg… I then kept going for another 40 minutes, although power went down, so my maths say it’s at least 4.2 W/kg 😀

At this rate you'll be turning pro by the summer!
    It looks that way…
    I hope it’s going to turn into speed… would love to do a 10 TT in 23 minutes on a road bike