friday stocking up on catnip mice

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    #options
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Fortunately MF was wrong. #quick chat, then #MRI scan next week. I think that was the consultants preferred option as well...

so no #fingerbum at all?

oh.

#disappointment
    There’s always Mrs Stevo 👍
    She does like doing that
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Evening all. Car retrieved from garage. Don't think the main dealer likes me. Told him their to expensive and and replace my own pads and either skim or replace the discs as well. He was trying to get me to replace the brake fluid as well at extra cost, I pointed out it was a service item and should be replaced as part of the service. Don't think they'll be servicing it next year. Fuxx the main dealers. MF you going to on covid front line in Leicester or you off elsewhere. Can just see your stock treatment suggestion going down well with Leicesters inhabitants.

If only you had a source for cheap parts…….
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,598
    tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Evening all. Car retrieved from garage. Don't think the main dealer likes me. Told him their to expensive and and replace my own pads and either skim or replace the discs as well. He was trying to get me to replace the brake fluid as well at extra cost, I pointed out it was a service item and should be replaced as part of the service. Don't think they'll be servicing it next year. Fuxx the main dealers. MF you going to on covid front line in Leicester or you off elsewhere. Can just see your stock treatment suggestion going down well with Leicesters inhabitants.

I’ll buy the parts from you and sell them to oxo with a mark up 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

I’ll buy the parts from you and sell them to oxo with a mark up 👍
    😂👍
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Do we have a source for cheap car parts then?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137
    Who needs cheap car parts? Cheap catnip mice though, now you're talkin'.

Crackered after a day in the scrubs, mainly tending the burning of, which was a smart move as 'kin cold all day even with 4 layers on. Hawthorn, blackthorn, briar rose and bramble. Burn ye barstewards. Many scratches and lacerations. Bar open. Deserved.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    orraloon said:

all cats agree that molly's mice are the best ever catnip mice in the multiverse

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/stores/Molly's+Mice/page/3A071564-1B14-414E-ACC2-FB39568A3478
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    i leave you with this, my work here is done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9mtM0uIQ9Q
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Do we have a source for cheap car parts then?
    Quality parts - cheap price
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Fortunately MF was wrong. #quick chat, then #MRI scan next week. I think that was the consultants preferred option as well...

so no #fingerbum at all?

oh.

#disappointment
    Should I warn her beforehand?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,017
    sungod said:

orraloon said:

all cats agree that molly's mice are the best ever catnip mice in the multiverse

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/stores/Molly's+Mice/page/3A071564-1B14-414E-ACC2-FB39568A3478
    Poor thing. Jack doesn't need cat nip mice - he's got access to the real thing.

Here's a vid for your furry resident; it's approved by my furry resident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pbreU5ChmA
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

so no #fingerbum at all?

oh.

#disappointment
    Should I warn her beforehand?
    How did it go?
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

OEM parts at less than half price of main dealer and saving a censored ton on labour. Will just end up with dirty hands.

Do all my own maintenance as don’t trust garages, main dealers at all. I’ll take my time, use the best/correct parts, grease everything that should be greased and do a much better job. Last and only garage trip, they forgot to refill my coolant which I happened to notice fortunately.

The only trouble is the motivation to spend several hours in the cold, possible on the ground with dirty hands.

• pinno
    edited January 2022
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

OEM parts at less than half price of main dealer and saving a censored ton on labour. Will just end up with dirty hands.

Do all my own maintenance as don’t trust garages, main dealers at all. I’ll take my time, use the best/correct parts, grease everything that should be greased and do a much better job. Last and only garage trip, they forgot to refill my coolant which I happened to notice fortunately.

The only trouble is the motivation to spend several hours in the cold, possible on the ground with dirty hands.

The only thing is that you cannot provide a service stamp which maintains it's service history. The irony is that the service may not be very thorough or good but it has a stamp and this maintains it's value.
    I do the bulk of my service and then hand it to a local garage (they don't mind - unlike many others) and they finish it off and check x number of things - much easier on a ramp. Then I get a stamp in the book.
    For example, my coolant has to be replaced under a vacuum and this needs a special kit (which I have) and a compressor (which I don't have yet).
    If the stamp is not important to you, have you got a service schedule/maintenance procedure Seano 'cos you might be surprised what's on the list such as changing brake fluid and coolant - they do have a finite life and you won't have the diagnostic equipment to test it.
    What is you car, I can look up some stuff for you?
    There will be things on the schedule that you may not be bothered with or is unnecessary but there might be stuff that will save you money/keep you safer in the long term.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Do an oil/filter change now and the delay the service till spring when the weather is better?

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

The only thing is that you cannot provide a service stamp which maintains it's service history. The irony is that the service may not be very thorough or good but it has a stamp and this maintains it's value.
    I do the bulk of my service and then hand it to a local garage (they don't mind - unlike many others) and they finish it off and check x number of things - much easier on a ramp. Then I get a stamp in the book.
    For example, my coolant has to be replaced under a vacuum and this needs a special kit (which I have) and a compressor (which I don't have yet).
    If the stamp is not important to you, have you got a service schedule/maintenance procedure Seano 'cos you might be surprised what's on the list such as changing brake fluid and coolant - they do have a finite life and you won't have the diagnostic equipment to test it.
    What is you car, I can look up some stuff for you?
    There will be things on the schedule that you may not be bothered with or is unnecessary but there might be stuff that will save you money/keep you safer in the long term.
    Got a slight coolant leak which which prolongs its life due to monthly topping up. And have a pressure pump for the brake fluid change. Bought the fluid a few months ago, just awaiting motivation. Will have to look into the water pump/belts situation soon as it’s due a change. Plan is to keep the car and run it into the ground. Was going to service over Christmas and change rear brakes/discs but…. I’m a lazy b@stard.
  • pinno
    You're quite handy Seano.