saturday unitarity violation manifested in spontaneous pineapple creation

'ning

getting colder

ride and cafes amidst the gloomygrey, mince pie, lazing

'tis the season to sip bolly, fa la la la la la la la la
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Shoot sleep thanks to the booster, so todays exercise has been shelved.

    Lads Christmas lunch today, meeting at 11 at a bar with an outdoor area thankfully

  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,180
    Shoot sleep and my booster isn't until tomorrow.

    Off for a walk/wobble in a bit to take advantage of the reasonable weather.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,485
    Slightly better sleep after shoot sleep from booster.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,897
    Up in Liverpool at the hotel waiting for junior to turn up in her car for the drive back to Kent. Just had a full English to keep me going.

    We went out for a bite to eat in town last night and saw the traditional Friday night drunken brawl in the street outside. 10 plod were there in no time, no wonder they call them bizzies up there because they are pretty busy :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Moaning,

    Cold misty and damp, yuk

    Christmas decorations have been brought downstairs

    I may have overdone the mince pie consumption yesterday, but it was good fun at the time, good job there not on sale all year around as I may become round :D

  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,783
    Man / woman up with this booster whingeing. It's just another vaccination. There ain't no 5G upgrade, sorry to say.

    My shoot sleep was due to an intense thigh muscle cramp in middle of t'night. Now that did hurt.

    Need to sort out the seasonal lights 'n' stuff, though motivation remains low. This evening have a mass indoor event, Christmas meal in a pub a short bus ride away, ain't biking it cos, with mates 'n' partners 'n' assorteds, 27 booked up (Tory party poaartee style) wonder how many will cancel.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    orraloon said:

    Man / woman up with this booster whingeing.

    Yes, we all know your tough as an Ox but it affects people differently.
    My first decent night's sleep was had last night since my booster/flu jab combo last Friday.

    Not much to report here.
    Foggy, grey, no wind to speak of. Just very John Major.

    They put on some free entertainment for you Stevo. You should be grateful.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,420
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Went out for beer and pizza with the females of the house, lad is in self imposed isolation pending his PCR result. We told him we'd be happy for him to come with us as we were sat outside under a patio heater. But he's adamant he doesn't want to be the one that puts the kybosh on Christmas at the old dear's. As a result the EPO and I are following his example and trying to be more careful. Honestly, the yoof of today 🙄.
    Unfortunately this could all be for nothing as his cousins are supposed to be flying over from Italy on Monday but the girlfriend of the boy has covid and he carried on seeing her regardless. So will he pass his tests and be able to travel, if he gets here will he then have to isolate?
    #itsallsofuckingtedious
    Might take neighbours dog for a walk today as that's not too complicated.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,485
    Went off out in a huff to get some car parts as morning leg over was looking unlikely. Phone pings, sexy pic “where are you?” Grrr, too late now. Off to the seaside, might be a tad too cool for a dip.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898

    Had to ring the landlord up to open the pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,420
    Show us the picture and we'll tell you if you should cancel the seaside. It's the least we could do to help after your sterling work on the mince pie thread.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

    Went off out in a huff to get some car parts as morning leg over was looking unlikely. Phone pings, sexy pic “where are you?” Grrr, too late now. Off to the seaside, might be a tad too cool for a dip.



    ???

  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Day 10. I’ve heard rumblings about parole. It can’t come a moment to soon. In my absence, the amount of fairy lights up has multiplied and will get out of hand if I’m not out soon.

    But, in all seriousness, I’ve had it easy. The only symptom I’ve really had is loss of sense of taste. Other than that all I’m finding is that the lack of moving around has made my lower back/hip ache flare up a bit. I can’t imagine what it’s been like for those who’ve not been able to see seriously ill loved ones or the folk in care homes who went through months without seeing anyone. I’ve had 10 days in the conservatory ffs; yes I’ve missed cuddles and hugs but I’ve always known it was for a short time. So, referring to a different thread, those Tory bastards who thought it was ok to party can fuckoff and keep fuckingoff until they can’t fuckoff any more. Then they should live the dream and keep going.

    Anyway.


  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    johngti said:

    Day 10. I’ve heard rumblings about parole. It can’t come a moment to soon. In my absence, the amount of fairy lights up has multiplied and will get out of hand if I’m not out soon.

    The process of de-institutionalisation could be a shock to the system to which you may never recover, so small steps at first.
    Plato and Socrates perused the thought that when some of the people in the pit came out and saw light, they would be so bewildered by it, that they would not comprehend it.

    From the 'Republic'. Images and reality.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

    cold, tired, back hurts.

    TDV asked me to take her to the local yip market so i was the only one not dressed there in a woollen jacket, woollen jumper, dungarees that were too short and a stupid beard/dreadlocks (males and some females) or nose ring/dreadlocks/woolly hat (females).

    we bought some cheese.

    am now hiding in a darkened kitchen in case she decides to send me out and buy some incense or joss sticks.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,492
    Evening.
    Supermarket Hell at 8am today. (Best do it now as it can only get worse)
    Lots of rug shuffling around the house. Resulted in trip back to the Persian Rug place to take one back. Phew!
    More online shopping for final tat.
    Cuppa tea then start evening cooking.


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    edited December 2021
    MattFalle said:



    am now hiding in a darkened kitchen...

    Did you put on your war paint to blend in?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2021
    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:



    am now hiding in a darkened kitchen...

    Did you put on your war paint to blend in?
    nothing that drastic this time, just skulked behind the couch like a rubbish burglar.

    bear in mind that by skulked i mean laying in the floor and covering myself in a blanket, head to toe.

    so longs as she decides not to hoover tonight she'll never find me.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

    johngti said:

    Day 10. I’ve heard rumblings about parole. It can’t come a moment to soon. In my absence, the amount of fairy lights up has multiplied and will get out of hand if I’m not out soon.

    The process of de-institutionalisation could be a shock to the system to which you may never recover, so small steps at first.
    Plato and Socrates perused the thought that when some of the people in the pit came out and saw light, they would be so bewildered by it, that they would not comprehend it.

    From the 'Republic'. Images and reality.

    Socrates and Plato sound like right party poopers. Although, to be fair, feels like I spend most of my life in a state of bewilderment
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    MattFalle said:

    pinno said:

    MattFalle said:



    am now hiding in a darkened kitchen...

    Did you put on your war paint to blend in?
    nothing that drastic this time, just skulked behind the couch like a rubbish burglar.

    bear in mind that by skulked i mean laying in the floor and covering myself in a blanket, head to toe.

    so longs as she decides not to hoover tonight she'll never find me.
    You know you will be in trouble if you clog up the hoover and it will be all your fault.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,420
    Lad's PCR came back negative, very glad about that. We're celebrating with fish and chips later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,180
    Gloomy grey here today too.
    Well it was down there at the bottom.

  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, no Football today due to Covid etc. Spent a couple of hours up the driving range. After packing in the golf to do cycling instead there is definitely an itch that needs scratching. Currently enjoying some Kingfishers and Singas whilst pretending to cook some pasta sauce (it's been cooked for ages. Just enjoying some peace and quiet).
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Stevo_666 said:

    Up in Liverpool at the hotel waiting for junior to turn up in her car for the drive back to Kent. Just had a full English to keep me going.

    We went out for a bite to eat in town last night and saw the traditional Friday night drunken brawl in the street outside. 10 plod were there in no time, no wonder they call them bizzies up there because they are pretty busy :smile:

    Its just like Bexleyheath but bigger and there are less knobs.

  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2021
    Snuck into the living room to watch strictly avec a mask and someone’s more than happy…



  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Your cat might need the services of a barber male or female for that ear hair.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,897
    tetley10 said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Up in Liverpool at the hotel waiting for junior to turn up in her car for the drive back to Kent. Just had a full English to keep me going.

    We went out for a bite to eat in town last night and saw the traditional Friday night drunken brawl in the street outside. 10 plod were there in no time, no wonder they call them bizzies up there because they are pretty busy :smile:

    Its just like Bexleyheath but bigger and there are less knobs.

    Except that the drunken brawl involved a group of what looked like 13-14 year old kids. Was quite interesting to watch from our first floor restaurant seats.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,897
    johngti said:

    Snuck into the living room to watch strictly avec a mask and someone’s more than happy…



    You rebel gti.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

    johngti said:

    Snuck into the living room to watch strictly avec a mask and someone’s more than happy…



    You rebel gti.
    You knows it, Stevo!