friday roasting pineapples over the campfire

'ning

gloomygrey, temperature dropping, at least it's dry

ride and cafe, bit of wfhing, coast into the weekend, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,900
    LOL @ Oxo - would have loved to have seen that!

    Gentle run, work stuff and then a night in as the current wife is worried about the new variant spoiling Christmas
  • Moaning,

    oxo - that was bad luck, well done carrying two

    Dark, cold, foggy and damp not nice at all

    Landlines on the blink now, two phones and neither rings when I get an incoming call Grrrrrr why me?

    Onwards for the mince pie testing…

  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    edited December 2021
    On the train into the Big Smoke for hopefully a quiet day at the office. May nip out and do a spot of Christmas shopping if there's not a lot on at work. Then train up to Scouserville to help junior get her stuff back home for Xmas. Night out in Liverpool tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

    On the train into the Big Smoke for hopefully a quiet day at the office. May no out and do a spot of Christmas shopping if theres not a lot on at work. Then train up to Scouserville to help junior het her stuff back home for Xmas. Night out in Liverpool tonight :)

    Good to see the raz is still going - used to be where all the emergency services folk went when I was at Liverpool. You should go to the Phil too - super posh toilets!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    Stevo_666 said:

    Night out in Liverpool tonight :)

    If asked what football team you support, I suggest you say you are a Bhuddist.
    [In case of accident, call a Lama].

    It ain't gloomy grey, it's gloomy black.
    Sparrows have amassed in the Bay tree and are making a hulluva racket. Dunno what they are saying to each other but no one is listening.

    Today will be taking Mrs Pinno for her booster jab.
    Tonight will be chicken Korma.
    In between will be getting the Christmas decorations down from the loft then snow spray and stencils with Shorty after school. Wahey!


    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    Has Gti been successfully springed from the cooler?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487
    Booster jab into an already sore shoulder. Double ouchy.

    Wouldn’t be surprised if the second jab caused shoulder problem in the first place 😡
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

    Has Gti been successfully springed from the cooler?

    No 😶

    Day 9. I think. The hours are all the same, the only difference is the food that gets thrown at me. That and the light. I was attacked by the guard dog yesterday afternoon when I dared take advantage of the chance to get outside into the exercise yard. She almost cuddled me to death. The little people seem to be ignoring me so far today although I think one of them has gone out. Out. I remember that. A life away from here. Happiness and, freedom…? It’s a distant dream. Is it a dream? What’s real and what’s just in my head? The birds, they’re calling me…
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Monring, managed to get my third stabbing booked, 10th Jan (yay).

    Today appears mainly to be more of yesterday which involved throwing people under the bus in a corporate manner (you do it wearing a tie and have a Powerpoint presentation going on how you going to do it) didn't want to but they forced my hand.

    Other than that just twiddling thumbs waiting on a small parcel from SJS with the mounts for the bike. Its Friday though so may try some booze with my mince pie later.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,496
    Morning. Latest PCR test results came in early hours. Negative! Thank f@ck for that!
    At eye hospital for pressure tests and others. Just had FoV blinky lights.
    Binned works Christmas lunch today. Bunch of Lardy quaffers. Just not worth the risk.


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    johngti said:

    pinno said:

    Has Gti been successfully springed from the cooler?

    No 😶

    Day 9. I think. The hours are all the same, the only difference is the food that gets thrown at me. That and the light. I was attacked by the guard dog yesterday afternoon when I dared take advantage of the chance to get outside into the exercise yard. She almost cuddled me to death. The little people seem to be ignoring me so far today although I think one of them has gone out. Out. I remember that. A life away from here. Happiness and, freedom…? It’s a distant dream. Is it a dream? What’s real and what’s just in my head? The birds, they’re calling me…
    You may find this freedom intimidating initially.
    ...and the traffic - does it really move that quickly or have things got faster since you went 'in'? Being institutionalised makes one agoraphobic.
    You really need a half way house, or... half a house then a full house and then the full house and the garden and then at some point... going out into the street. What a step, One small step for Gti, one giant leap of faith.
    Get a ladder and look on the roof, in the loft just to re-assure yourself that the little people are actually... Seano's kids* and a good rollicking would send them off. If they are not rummaging in the bins behind Tesco, then they're up to mischief.

    It's hard buddy but we'll be (metaphorically) there for you every inch of the way.

    *There's a connection there with the Leprechaun's but my imagination is lacking at this time of day, i'm working on it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,496
    More eye exams. I’m being dilated!


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550

    More eye exams. I’m being dilated!

    You and 'Loon could share.
    (not body fluids).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

    More eye exams. I’m being dilated!

    You and 'Loon could share.
    (not body fluids).
    Of course, they can share if they want to. Who are we to judge?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    edited December 2021
    johngti said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    On the train into the Big Smoke for hopefully a quiet day at the office. May no out and do a spot of Christmas shopping if theres not a lot on at work. Then train up to Scouserville to help junior het her stuff back home for Xmas. Night out in Liverpool tonight :)

    Good to see the raz is still going - used to be where all the emergency services folk went when I was at Liverpool. You should go to the Phil too - super posh toilets!
    I'm taking junior out for dinner and she's booked something near the hotel, so pot luck for me tonight as no idea if the place is any good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Night out in Liverpool tonight :)

    If asked what football team you support, I suggest you say you are a Bhuddist.
    [In case of accident, call a Lama].

    Drat, I was going to wear my Demba Ba Chelsea shirt.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    johngti said:

    pinno said:

    More eye exams. I’m being dilated!

    You and 'Loon could share.
    (not body fluids).
    Of course, they can share if they want to. Who are we to judge?
    I am in no position to judge.
    Besides, 'Loon has injections in to the eye and I know I have been through a lot of sh1t but I have nothing but admiration for a bloke who can tolerate that ordeal on a regular basis.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,496
    The world is blurry! New eye drops :s


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    Like this:



    or like this:


    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,182
    pinno said:


    or like this:


    And then when they wear off you realise it's a bloke in the picture.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,182
    Does that say dreams time dot com?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,426
    Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh, very busy and trying to fend off much stupidity. I really do wonder how some people make it to adulthood without having someone constantly reminding them to breathe in and out.
    Apparently Yul Brynner was a Liverpool fan Stevo


  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,496
    thistle_ said:

    pinno said:


    or like this:


    And then when they wear off you realise it's a bloke in the picture.
    Haha! Yes it was. Couldn’t tell until I felt the stubble on the chin…but then again she seemed to have a bit of a Greek accent.


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • Clear blue skies up here, shame I've busy as anything.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

    Leave started today - Huzzah! Now watching Tro Bro Leon as had already watched today's episode of Columbo.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923

    Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh, very busy and trying to fend off much stupidity. I really do wonder how some people make it to adulthood without having someone constantly reminding them to breathe in and out.
    Apparently Yul Brynner was a Liverpool fan Stevo


    Now that's a bit of a Michael Caine 'Not a lot people know that' moment.

    Did a bit of Xmas shopping - only bought one thing which was already asked for but managed to fit in a sneaky beer in the West End with a mate. Now passing time in the office until my train to Scouserpool.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    Stevo_666 said:

    Now passing time in the office until my train to Scouserpool.

    ? Wot, no driving? Or would it disappear overnight?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    thistle_ said:

    pinno said:


    or like this:


    And then when they wear off you realise it's a bloke in the picture.

    It's Iggy Pop
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    I thought that an AMG would give you a better chance of pulling some drunk student.
    Plenty of room in the back.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923
    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Now passing time in the office until my train to Scouserpool.

    ? Wot, no driving? Or would it disappear overnight?

    She's got a car up there but we're sharing the drive back as she's knackered.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]