wednesday the bold mameluke drew his trusty chiboque

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Afternoon folks,
    Should have been in the office but spent the night turning myself inside out, thought it best to stay at home as I didn't want to be too far from the porcelain :#
    Haven't managed to eat much today as I feel like I've been punched in the guts repeatedly. This is all mildly tedious, at least I'm not being fisted by the doc's. Hope all goes well Mr GTi.
    Don't think I'll make it to the pub this Wednesday, things must be bad.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Don't think I'll make it to the pub this Wednesday, things must be bad.

I'm sending Likes
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Ok I admit it, I can’t run and don’t drink

...at the same time

Us blokes aren't very good at multitasking.

In other news we now have the wifi up and running at casa Stevo and I'm getting a good signal in the studio/man cave. Better do some work now...

Next decision - Sky or BT for telly and sport?
    BT just because Murdoch is acunt
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    johngti said:

Saw the registrar urologist. PSA from Thursday’s blood test was so low he thought I’d already had the fecker removed. Finger up the bum revealed absolutely nothing. I’ve been discharged. Fuckme I’m stood in the car park crying my fecking eyes out. Jesus.

👍 (perhaps the wrong emoji)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,691
    Nice one GTI. Have a glass of summat strong on me.

Flu vacced this pm. Mobile signal strength has increased significantly, plus now I Can See Things...

S666, depends how much actual tv you watch. E.g. I seldom watch live TV, sometimes use iPlayer, have a Freesat box as there is a dish on this house, works as DVR as well. Freeview equivalent. Then Eurosport annual pass at 19.99 which has worked well for the pro cycling and the Olympics this year. But, if you want to ogle the Chelski tractor boys, guess you'll need to pony up big time.
  • johngti said:

Saw the registrar urologist. PSA from Thursday’s blood test was so low he thought I’d already had the fecker removed. Finger up the bum revealed absolutely nothing. I’ve been discharged. Fuckme I’m stood in the car park crying my fecking eyes out. Jesus.

The question is, who knew first? Family or internet???

Happy for you though!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Awesome news, @johngti . Now you need to find out why your GP was doing a prostate exam while wearing ribbed gloves.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

johngti said:

The question is, who knew first? Family or internet???

Happy for you though!
    Mrs GTi. She’d have killed me if she found out it was any other way!
  • johngti
    Ben6899 said:

Awesome news, @johngti . Now you need to find out why your GP was doing a prostate exam while wearing ribbed gloves.

I wondered why there was a hand on each shoulder…
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Mega stuff John GT!!

Vino and 'scratchins all round.

#topnewsoftheday
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    johngti said:

PSA from Thursday’s blood test was so low he thought I’d already had the fecker removed.

johngti said:

Finger up the bum revealed absolutely nothing.

Maybe you had it removed and didn't realise?

Glad it's worked out OK.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,414
    Anyway, good excuse to get a finger up the bum 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    johngti said:

Relief ! Agree a strong drink is the order of the day
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Nice one GTI. Have a glass of summat strong on me.

Flu vacced this pm. Mobile signal strength has increased significantly, plus now I Can See Things...

S666, depends how much actual tv you watch. E.g. I seldom watch live TV, sometimes use iPlayer, have a Freesat box as there is a dish on this house, works as DVR as well. Freeview equivalent. Then Eurosport annual pass at 19.99 which has worked well for the pro cycling and the Olympics this year. But, if you want to ogle the Chelski tractor boys, guess you'll need to pony up big time.

Cheers Loon. BT Sport is only £15 a month and while you get less PL coverabe, they cover the CL games. Tried haggling with Sky and they wouldn't come down below £39 a month for Sky TV plus Sky sports.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    edited November 2021
    johngti said:

Bloody hypochondriac clogging up the system.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    :smile:
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning
    WFW
    Forecast was not terrible so cycled in again. Drizzled for most of the way which made for some exciting corners.
    Currently on the office floor looking at the ceiling trying to stretch hamstrings.

Do you sit on your legs (sort of) and lean back?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpSuyZ0pZdY
    But try to keep back/pelvis flat otherwise it's stretching your back not hamstring.

My @rse is still about 2 foot off the wall :disappointed:
    I'll attempt that Thistle. However, if something goes pop...
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Great news GTI, I take it you're going to ride that nice bike now then?
  • tetley10
    WFW today. Taught a group of students how to make catapults. Boring meeting this afternoon. Riding tomorrow after no bike for 4 weeks. Fallen out of love with it after 12 months of commuting whatever the weather.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

knocked over a 1 litre bottle of acetone, much sploshed out, had to evacuate for a while

windows open, heating and ventilation going full blast

still rather spaced out

Cool. Did you follow it up with some permanent markers?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,414
    tetley10 said:

WFW today. Taught a group of students how to make catapults. Boring meeting this afternoon. Riding tomorrow after no bike for 4 weeks. Fallen out of love with it after 12 months of commuting whatever the weather.

Buy yourself some new kit, works for me 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning
    WFW
    Forecast was not terrible so cycled in again. Drizzled for most of the way which made for some exciting corners.
    Currently on the office floor looking at the ceiling trying to stretch hamstrings.

But try to keep back/pelvis flat otherwise it's stretching your back not hamstring.

Did that. No worries. @rse 3" from the wall.

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7lgEImuBPk

The theory (which he doesn't explain), is that if you relieve the quad, you simultaneously relieve the hamstring.
    I like it because the quad can pull on the knee and cause knee pain. Runners get that pain much more than cyclists.
  • johngti
    edited November 2021
    tetley10 said:

You need to go riding with a slow mate who literally only does it for fun…

(And thanks everyone, your support has been amazing. Absolutely appreciate it)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning
    WFW

Did that. No worries. @rse 3" from the wall.

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7lgEImuBPk

The theory (which he doesn't explain), is that if you relieve the quad, you simultaneously relieve the hamstring.
    I like it because the quad can pull on the knee and cause knee pain. Runners get that pain much more than cyclists.
    Yes, that's what the Pilates instructor was telling me last week, works with the legs up the wall one too.

I'll give your video a go and I'll be star pupil next week.
  • tetley10
    johngti said:

tetley10 said:

I've got a slow mate who rides an orange bike...
  • tetley10
    seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

Buy yourself some new kit, works for me 👍

I haven't got space in the drawer for new kit. Just need to get on with it.
  • johngti
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

tetley10 said:

I've got a slow mate who rides an orange bike...
    Well what’s the weather forecast for Sunday? (Black and orange I think you’ll find…)
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Bloody hypochondriac clogging up the ystem.
    :D