edited October 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Busy morning, usual work stuff but over the big work hump in time for the final push on the house move stuff. Still waiting for our buyers to shift all the required deposit money to their solicitors, as they hadn't twigged that they need to do it in a few separate transfers due to the amount and bank limits on daily online transfers. Our sellers wanted to exchange today but that's life.

just imagine how easier life would be if you had a minion.....

whats with this transfer limit rubbish?

r.m. writes transfer letter

sign transfer letter

r.m. organises funds transfer.

#sorted
    I wouldn't let a minion do my bank transfers...
    it keeps them happy - means they can run around the office blathering on about "big ticket deals" and "high net worth clients" but you and I both know they are just a jumped up teller.

#polishthatego
    One of my minions is a Polish lady so that could be taken one of two ways :)
    polish not polish.

blimey, are you cantankerous all the time? could result in some very strong looks in the workplace.
    I just the funny side of your #, MF :smile:
    knock knock on the office door

"hi MF"

"Hi Stevo - sorry to bother, but do you have 30 seconds please?

"cool, yeah. just got a conf call in 5 with Megacorp, but all groovy"

"mega gravy - won't be long. i know you're busy - apols for interrupting"

"nah. what's up MF? oh, before we start, been hearing some mega things about your work - sounds like you're moving this place forward really well"

"ah, cool banarama Steve. just trying my best"

《office door closes》

"think i'm funny do you you cant? funny this one"

thwack. thwack. thwackthwackthwack.

thwack

thwackthwack

"now thats what I call comedy gold"

#officepolitics
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    You lot need to get out more. #officebollox. Enjoy a 6.5 hour coppicing session down in t'woods par example.

First time coppicing for me, rather satisfying clearing areas to encourage regeneration, increased habitat diversity, prepping hazel stakes and binders for later hedge laying. And good chats with fellow workers.

This evening's beers will be well deserved.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited October 2021
    where is everyone?

its all been silent on here all arvo ya gallahs...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    orraloon said:

You lot need to get out more. #officebollox. Enjoy a 6.5 hour coppicing session down in t'woods par example.

First time coppicing for me, rather satisfying clearing areas to encourage regeneration, increased habitat diversity, prepping hazel stakes and binders for later hedge laying. And good chats with fellow workers.

Sounds a bit like the countryside version of cottaging...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

where is everyone?

Bloody work old chap. At it since early doors, stopped to wolf a cheese and onion pasty at an approximation of lunchtime. Just waiting for someone to stop droning on, hopefully by 5:30, then I'm off to pick up a couple of Germany's finest pilseners from Ravi down the road.

Then burp cheese and onion and beer burps all over Mrs H³, who will be ecstatic.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Currently sipping coffee liqueur as I prep dinner. Decided I didn’t need a drink today, which is all well and good when you’re feeling brave in the morning but by evening reality bites and you’re left supping the last dregs of alcohol left in the cupboard.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

where is everyone?

Bloody work old chap. At it since early doors, stopped to wolf a cheese and onion pasty at an approximation of lunchtime. Just waiting for someone to stop droning on, hopefully by 5:30, then I'm off to pick up a couple of Germany's finest pilseners from Ravi down the road.

Then burp cheese and onion and beer burps all over Mrs H³, who will be ecstatic.
    i reckon not so much ecstatic as frothing.

deffo on for some sexy time if you do the old burping technique H4
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

What happens in the countryside stays in the countryside.

Wot I have just learned: stepdaughter is an antivaxxer, refuses to take the covid vaccine cos of the "science" she has "researched" and is 'petrified' her primary school age kids will be 'forced' to have it. FFS. F-ing internet shite.
  • MattFalle
    do you want an mf to spell it out to her?
  • MattFalle
    any chance you can get her binned out of the family?
  • hopkinb
    edited October 2021
    And you with the coppicing tools 'loon, you could have demonstrated how a vaccine works, or just plain eliminated her from the gene pool. Hopefully neither she, nor her kids will get ill, but if they do, hopefully she'll get Dr.Nick Riviera off the internet to treat them rather than the actual doctors.

Mrs H³ kindly bought me an IKEA/sonos symfonisk speaker for my study, and I'm self medicating with some refined Bach suiten für violoncello and rustic vino rosso from down Ravi's. Nowt posh, but very drinkable, out of one of my good glasses.

• hopkinb
    edited October 2021

• orraloon
    Ructions, ructions. What taking the selfish, self centred stance causes is the consequential risks to others. Par exemple, there is a extended family get together planned for the weekend so means Daughter #1 can see her step niece and nephew (or whatever the correct term is). However she is on a training course next weekend, part of an ongoing long delayed programme and should she (double vacced) pick up a positive test result from the house of the antivaxxer with the bug factory schoolkids, she'd be kicked off the course and therefore delayed for another 6 months, which would really screw her over.

Me, me, me vs the common good. FFS.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    orraloon said:

Wot I have just learned: stepdaughter is an antivaxxer, refuses to take the covid vaccine cos of the "science" she has "researched" and is 'petrified' her primary school age kids will be 'forced' to have it. FFS. F-ing internet shite.

I met a half anti vaxxer a few weeks back- they'd offered him the Pfizer one but he wouldn't have it because of the side effects and wanted AZ.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

I'd love to but the powers that be would go ape shit if I said I wanted to go down to 4 days a week.
    We used to get 1 paid day a year to do stuff like that but someone decided that it wasn't a good use of our skills.

• thistle_
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Short day in work today with the highlight being an order of CR2032 batteries

Thanks for the reminder, need to order some myself.
    Although the Stages seems to be behaving itself at the moment and not eating batteries like it was earlier in the year.

Stages turbo trainer? How are you getting on with that?
    No, Stages power meter. It's temperamental but when it works it's fine.
    Well that jinxed it:

• hopkinb
    orraloon said:

Ructions, ructions. What taking the selfish, self centred stance causes is the consequential risks to others. Par exemple, there is a extended family get together planned for the weekend so means Daughter #1 can see her step niece and nephew (or whatever the correct term is). However she is on a training course next weekend, part of an ongoing long delayed programme and should she (double vacced) pick up a positive test result from the house of the antivaxxer with the bug factory schoolkids, she'd be kicked off the course and therefore delayed for another 6 months, which would really screw her over.

Me, me, me vs the common good. FFS.

Teh internetz has enabled much lolz, and much easier acquisition of knowledge, with scepticism, but made it much much easier for cranks, and mainstream political parties to target and influence the credulous. It's a propagandists dream.

Though even the most dense, if they think they have done some "research", should be able look up the word "research" and understand that they haven't done any, but watched a YouTube video of a crank, but they're too dense and feel too special to be apart from the sheeple, and they don't really understand anything anyway.

Did I see the prime minister give a fascist salute in the online papers today, while promising to unleash the "spirit of the nation". Which seems to be selfishness and disregard for others, given panic buying of fuel and bog roll, and pasta, but that's everyone else right?

Having a little historical training, and having read about it a little, it seems that the much fabled and recalled blitz spirit was widespread post-raid looting, spivvery and a thriving black market, while yer actual ruling class carried on as per.

Tl:Dr. Coontz
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

We all know someone like this...they need the 'Insulate Britain' hippy tw@t treatment - drag them away to a quiet spot and give them a good kicking.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

We all know someone like this...they need the 'Insulate Britain' hippy tw@t treatment - drag them away to a quiet spot and give them a good kicking.
    😊 Consensus in the Eco Warrior people happy to work to improve the natural environment volunteer workgroup today was those glue-self-to-whatever lot are so so wrong and misguided. Do nothing but alienate the majority, without the outpourings from the rabid tory loving 'free' (aye right) press.

Indeed, could that Insulate Britain lot be a deep state conspiracy plot funded by big business and Vlad the Lad, steered by our old 'friend' Dom Scummings? We need da troof.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

😊 Consensus in the Eco Warrior people happy to work to improve the natural environment volunteer workgroup today was those glue-self-to-whatever lot are so so wrong and misguided. Do nothing but alienate the majority, without the outpourings from the rabid tory loving 'free' (aye right) press.

Indeed, could that Insulate Britain lot be a deep state conspiracy plot funded by big business and Vlad the Lad, steered by our old 'friend' Dom Scummings? We need da troof.
    More likely it's a bunch of self righteous middle aged middle class bellends who need a spot of education, like this bloke who got a well deserved 'telling off' after he thought it was a good idea to stop a DLR train full of East end tradesmen from getting to work :)
    https://youtu.be/kHOr2WH7V1k
  • hopkinb
    edited October 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

More likely it's a bunch of self righteous middle aged middle class bellends who need a spot of education, like this bloke who got a well deserved 'telling off' after he thought it was a good idea to stop a DLR train full of East end tradesmen from getting to work :)
    The self awareness is strong with this one.
  • hopkinb
    edited October 2021

• Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

The self awareness...
    You might have to expand on that H3?
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Busy morning, usual work stuff but over the big work hump in time for the final push on the house move stuff. Still waiting for our buyers to shift all the required deposit money to their solicitors, as they hadn't twigged that they need to do it in a few separate transfers due to the amount and bank limits on daily online transfers. Our sellers wanted to exchange today but that's life.

just imagine how easier life would be if you had a minion.....

whats with this transfer limit rubbish?

r.m. writes transfer letter

sign transfer letter

r.m. organises funds transfer.

#sorted
    I wouldn't let a minion do my bank transfers...
    it keeps them happy - means they can run around the office blathering on about "big ticket deals" and "high net worth clients" but you and I both know they are just a jumped up teller.

#polishthatego
    One of my minions is a Polish lady so that could be taken one of two ways :)
    polish not polish.

blimey, are you cantankerous all the time? could result in some very strong looks in the workplace.
    I just the funny side of your #, MF :smile:
    knock knock on the office door

"hi MF"

"Hi Stevo - sorry to bother, but do you have 30 seconds please?

"cool, yeah. just got a conf call in 5 with Megacorp, but all groovy"

"mega gravy - won't be long. i know you're busy - apols for interrupting"

"nah. what's up MF? oh, before we start, been hearing some mega things about your work - sounds like you're moving this place forward really well"

"ah, cool banarama Steve. just trying my best"

《office door closes》

"think i'm funny do you you cant? funny this one"

thwack. thwack. thwackthwackthwack.

thwack

thwackthwack

"now thats what I call comedy gold"

#officepolitics
    https://youtu.be/2HsAhT3m82A
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

?
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

The self awareness...
    You might have to expand on that H3?
    It's quite easy to read the bold text and extrapolate. That you, or I, or anyone else you disagree with, is a self-righteous middle aged, middle class bellend.

I realise you play things up on here to wind people up (in what kind of world is this entertainment though?), but you come across as the worst kind of reactionary, I'm all right Jack, fcuk the rest of them, bloviating moron that the current government relies upon to shore up their vote.

I've met you a few times, I don't really know who's the real Stevo. It's an internet forum, it doesn't matter, but your truth, your world view (at least the one you portray on here) is dying.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

?
    Double post.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

The self awareness is strong with this one.
    As opposed to a strike, where the dlr/tube man stops good city folk from getting to work, except these guys have an issue bigger than pay and conditions. Let them disrupt. The government has disrupted people's ability to travel freely far more than a mob of hippies.
  • orraloon
    Hey H3, chill man. 😎
  • hopkinb
    Fcuk it again. I have no time for this. My idea of fun is not winding up an imaginary group of adversaries called cake stoppers, which seems to be shorthand for people who aren't cnuts.

Good luck with your house purchase, best of luck to strop twentysomething with her vet Sci degree. Hope that you and Mrs 666 enjoy the new place and the next stage of life as strop ts flies the nest.

Good luck and fortune to the rest of you too, you have a higher level of tolerance for this than I do.

Cheers from the humourless cnut. May my comedy glands rot until I can't appreciate some rehashed roy chubby brown joke.