tuesday has a glass of wine and sits thinking of what has passed

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Trackie bottoms purchased

you can all rest easy now.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • chav
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    MattFalle said:

All set for that interview with Stevo?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

elbowloh said:

I'd show you our toilets but one (of the three)* is out of order as the flush has snapped and I'm not paying £15 for a new one which should be about £4 off screwfix.

Currently compiling stuff for a combined ISO and EN1090 audit later this week. If I had a cheese and onion sandwich I'd probably fall asleep in it.

*just had a flash back to an old James track...

In my old job i had to manage these for the company and censored me, following the auditor around the the UK and Ireland for two weeks is dull.
    I'm just working through the following guff...

XXXXX Engineering Ltd is determined to provide and maintain the infrastructure and the work environment needed to achieve conformity to the product requirements with a maintenance schedule with covers: a) building, workspace and associated utilities, b) equipment, c) supporting services, d) work environment

I'd show you our toilets but one (of the three)* is out of order as the flush has snapped and I'm not paying £15 for a new one which should be about £4 off screwfix.

That's determination for you.
    Lucky I didn't have a cheese and pickle sandwich as even that snippet would have made me fall asleep in it. Elbow is clearly far more patient than I am.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    just a shame that no one said 'what?'
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

footy socks pulled over the ankles, Puma trainers ready to go.
  • MattFalle

chav

Bambina does describe it as "looking like a Road Man", however I do counter with "wear trackies to drive to work, go straight to gym, ablute and straight into clown costume for the day" so its not like I cut down to the boozer for a night out in them.

otherwise I would agree.
  • MattFalle
    Some also describe them as "Scottish high fashion" but that's a separate discussion.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

What has passed sungod? Hope it's nothing sad, passed being a euphemism. Time?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Think I'll delegate it to the attractive blonde minion. If MF can outdo her, he can have a job.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Think I'll delegate it to the attractive blonde minion. If MF can outdo her, he can have a job.
    deal. done.

out of interest, just like professional nosiness, any pics of her?

just so i know what i'm dealing with. All pro, like, innit.
  • MattFalle
    Anyhow,bollocks to that.

The least she can do, if your lot want to tempt me to jump ship to your lit is get the blonde bird to, and remember that this is bicycle related, wine, dine and 53/39 me.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Am I late? Busy. Full kudos to the MF for sticking it proper to the man. £60 of diesel now in the car. No waiting required. Loads of it available. No petrol though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

What has passed sungod? Hope it's nothing sad, passed being a euphemism. Time?
    actually was a reference to the tax discussion, not the title, but at least you started with 'what' :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo5jnBJvGUs&t=9s
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    edited October 2021
    :D

That whole scene. Check out the big brain on Brad edit: I typed Brett.

Better to be Vincent Vega than a tax guy.

Except for being shot.
  • hopkinb
    Skanking in the kitchen with mini to Monkey Man by toots and the maytals.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

WFH, then i have permission to go out for a ride for an hour or two at lunchtime, well in about 10 mins!

Looking grey outide and it's freezing, but i'll try to enjoy it. First time i'll be out on my light nice bike this year

How was the ride elbow? I've managed to get 100k in the legs each of the last 3 weeks, though no longer rides. All weathers. Clicking rear derailleur, crap traffic, still brilliant.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

WFH, then i have permission to go out for a ride for an hour or two at lunchtime, well in about 10 mins!

Looking grey outide and it's freezing, but i'll try to enjoy it. First time i'll be out on my light nice bike this year

How was the ride elbow? I've managed to get 100k in the legs each of the last 3 weeks, though no longer rides. All weathers. Clicking rear derailleur, censored traffic, still brilliant.
    It was cold, fecking windy and started raining on the way home, but it was great to finally get out. It was only about 20km as I had to get back for a meeting.

I think I may even get out again on the morrow!

Had a few missed shifts, as it was the first time I've ridden the bike with Shimano this year, all other rides (commuting) have been campag. Never had an issue switching between bikes, but this time it was as it had just been so long.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    I love that film. Watched it so many times. Got it somewhere on the DVR, feel another view a-coming my way. Along with a foot massage. Oh and a big Kahuna burger.

Anyway, truck retrieved from MOT land, good for another year, bless it. Mega wind assisted pedal to go get, for 2/3rd of the way, I was hitting speed limits through the villages so following cars can just sit there. Then it was crosswind. Ooyah. Survived.
  • veronese68
    sungod said:

What?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

deal. done.

She has got a very interesting YouTube video which I just happened to stumble across, but I feel I should protect her from prying eyes as she is so damn hot o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    For some reason I feel it's time Seano and I took Stevo out for a drink 🤣
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Did you hear Ben Ainslie talking about the synthesis and creating the environment bollox bollox bollox regarding the America cup and his teaming up with Mercedes?

Farq me, what crock of hsit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    She's got everything she needs. She's an artist she don't look back.

Love hippy Dylan.
  • Stevo_666

For some reason I feel it's time Seano and I took Stevo out for a drink 🤣

If you're buying... :p
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Thistle - you commuting tomorrow? Doing the part commute special if you are
  • tlw1
    Had a scare on the motorway today whilst in light traffic and a smidgen over the limit an unmarked police car joined the motorway.

Realised straight away as it was my mate driving it, the question I couldn’t decide was he more cop than mate or the other way round?

Thankfully more the later as he undertook me and tore off. My car was quicker 😎
  • hopkinb

Shutters in night mode.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

deal. done.

She has got a very interesting YouTube video which I just happened to stumble across, but I feel I should protect her from prying eyes as she is so damn hot o:)
    oh just send me the link and be done with it.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

Shutters in night mode.

👍