tuesday has a glass of wine and sits thinking of what has passed

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH, then i have permission to go out for a ride for an hour or two at lunchtime, well in about 10 mins!

Looking grey outide and it's freezing, but i'll try to enjoy it. First time i'll be out on my light nice bike this year
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Is that an offer?

You'd have to interview of course.
    Could send one of the sexy MF’s in short skirt and heels, hopefully minus the knee scars.
    One with big norks, hopefully.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

I'd show you our toilets but one (of the three)* is out of order as the flush has snapped and I'm not paying £15 for a new one which should be about £4 off screwfix.

Currently compiling stuff for a combined ISO and EN1090 audit later this week. If I had a cheese and onion sandwich I'd probably fall asleep in it.

*just had a flash back to an old James track...

In my old job i had to manage these for the company and censored me, following the auditor around the the UK and Ireland for two weeks is dull.
    think how the auditor felt waking up every morni g, looking in the mirror and thinking "fuckme, i'm an auditor. i bore myself to tears"
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Lots of big puddles. Nice new lockers and showers though.

Nice secure lockers to keep those dodgy tax types out of your Sh!t 👍
    bet they are full of kruggerands, the stolen souls of the working classes, children with not enough to eat and dodgy paperwork.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    hopkinb said:

Ours are nothing like as posh as that: no lockers and whatever was on sale at B&Q at the time. Which is fine, but we could do without the "management" constantly threatening to bin the two clean towels that get left in there overnight on health and safety grounds.

WFW anyway.
    Too wet to ride in
    Woke up too late to get the train
    Traffic was a nightmare this morning

Not much planned for later.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    MattFalle said:

so transferring debt before submitting final a&l and p&l balances to auditors prior to finalising close downs amd end of term tax liability has nothing to do with playing the interjurisdictional asset/debt transferance game and therefore liwering final asset value by massive transferance of debt into a previously solvent entity and making it non solvent therefore ntv on unit asset?

This is genius.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

bet they are full of kruggerands, the stolen souls of the working classes, children with not enough to eat and dodgy paperwork.
    I thought the Krugerrands were stashed in the back of your M4, comrade MF? Or that the peoples' M4? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    One must re-align the apparel contingency stock into a more manageable configuration commensurate with frequency of demand in a manner that presents future time savings.

But apart from that, that was one heck of a windy ride.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

I thought the Krugerrands were stashed in the back of your M4, comrade MF? Or that the peoples' M4? :smile:
    Some M4s are more equal than other M4s, bratukha.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

so transferring debt before submitting final a&l and p&l balances to auditors prior to finalising close downs amd end of term tax liability has nothing to do with playing the interjurisdictional asset/debt transferance game and therefore liwering final asset value by massive transferance of debt into a previously solvent entity and making it non solvent therefore ntv on unit asset?

This is genius.

thank you.

i've always told you lot i'm well clever, innit.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Is that an offer?

You'd have to interview of course.
    Could send one of the sexy MF’s in short skirt and heels, hopefully minus the knee scars.
    One with big norks, hopefully.
    lab coat?
  • MattFalle
    Also why Stevo wants to give me a job.
  • MattFalle
    'cos I'm well clever, not the norks.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    MattFalle said:

Well clever at copy and pasting 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

One must re-align the apparel contingency stock into a more manageable configuration commensurate with frequency of demand in a manner that presents future time savings.

But apart from that, that was one heck of a windy ride.

is that an inter jurisdictional apparel stock based on socio economic and educational bell curve demographics leading to differentiation on a means worn basis?
  • MattFalle
    Anyone else watching Pawn Stars on Blaze?
  • MattFalle
    edited October 2021
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Well clever at copy and pasting 😂
    easy tiger - all my own work.

some of us have multi disciplinary skills. You don't get as old as I am without picking up some bits along the way
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Afternoon folks,
    Day of wfh and fending off stupid remotely. Eurgh, I had barely finished that setence when I was rudely interrupted by stupid questions. I need to up my game in telling other people where to go, I think I'm being too polite.
    Very impressed with H³'s work facilities. We have what sounds good in theory, but the reality is pitiful. There is now an indoor bike rack since one of the managers had his bike nicked. Looking at the CCTV a local scrote was lying on the floor in the outside bike rack and hacksawed through a D lock. It took him about 20 minutes, a couple of people walked by but nobody asked him what he was doing. Mind you a bloke nicked a catalytic convertor off a car in the car park in broad daylight a while back. The delights of sunny Hanworth. To think we used to be based in Richmond, there were good pubs to go to. Now there are no pubs, never mind good ones.
    MattFalle said:

Also why Stevo wants to give me a job.

It's the lab coat that swung it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is genius.

You spelled gibberish wrong.

:smile:
  • hopkinb
    Just crossing the t's and dotting the i's. No funky stuff.

We don't do funky stuff. On a different disposal transaction, we even took the less tax efficient route, because the efficient route smelled a bit fishy to management. Totally legal, but involved a step that they considered was not commercial.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is genius.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

shut up.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is genius.

just because you know its true and i'm a mighty tax brain that has outwitted you all.

#cleverMatt
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Found a picture of our indoor bike rack, it's a hateful thing, you can see why I still use the outdoor one if I'm on the pub hack. Normally access is rather more difficult as there are pallets left in the way. That situation has improved slightly since one of the guys in goods in started riding in.

• MattFalle
    #outwitted
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Just crossing the t's and dotting the i's. No funky stuff.

We don't do funky stuff. On a different disposal transaction, we even took the less tax efficient route, because the efficient route smelled a bit fishy to management. Totally legal, but involved a step that they considered was not commercial.

totally designed as a preemptive cover up/defence in court.

"oh we didn't do it last time, why would we do it this time?"

#wellsuss,innit

• MattFalle
    Also, look at the time difference betwixt my post and that of H3 - you can tell that, basically, he panicked and was straight onto Counsel

"errrr, gents, I've got a problem"
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

#outwitted

#flummoxed#bamboozled#nutmegged#leftsittingonmyarsewonderingwheremfwenthewastherejustasecondago
  • elbowloh said:

I'd show you our toilets but one (of the three)* is out of order as the flush has snapped and I'm not paying £15 for a new one which should be about £4 off screwfix.

Currently compiling stuff for a combined ISO and EN1090 audit later this week. If I had a cheese and onion sandwich I'd probably fall asleep in it.

In my old job i had to manage these for the company and censored me, following the auditor around the the UK and Ireland for two weeks is dull.
    I'm just working through the following guff...

XXXXX Engineering Ltd is determined to provide and maintain the infrastructure and the work environment needed to achieve conformity to the product requirements with a maintenance schedule with covers: a) building, workspace and associated utilities, b) equipment, c) supporting services, d) work environment

That's determination for you.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

#outwitted

#flummoxed#bamboozled#nutmegged#leftsittingonmyarsewonderingwheremfwenthewastherejustasecondago
    like a financial fuckingninja, mate.

they don't call me the katana of fiscal policy for nothing you know, oh no Sir.

As an aside - just going to buy some new trackie bottoms from Edwyns.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

elbowloh said:

I'm just working through the following guff...

XXXXX Engineering Ltd is determined to provide and maintain the infrastructure and the work environment needed to achieve conformity to the product requirements with a maintenance schedule with covers: a) building, workspace and associated utilities, b) equipment, c) supporting services, d) work environment

That's determination for you.
    Our scope pretty much listed every type of work that we did, as many potential clients wouldn't give you the job if it didn't mention it specifically e.g. design, build, fabricate and maintain yadda yadda, above ground installations, water and wastewater treatment plants, piling, tunnelling, earthworks (including rock anchors), piplelines, bridges, footbridges, blah, blah, bah in the gas, rail, water, electrical, utilities, telecoms sectors meh, meh, meh.

Then had to break that down for each office/depot location we had (about 8 or 9).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk