saturday accelerating pineapples magnetohydrodynamically to relativistic velocities

'ning

not yet raining

ride, cafes, decadence with bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,946
    Hounds walked, pig based breakfast and then off for a recovery run.

    A few jobs and then into town to see myles hunt aka wonder stuff
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mini to tennis. Walk dog. Hibernate due to forecast dampness. Perhaps in my chair.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,216
    Slept in. Not feeling right, but rain's stopped play anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,507
    edited October 2021
    Might have to walk dogs in the rain as they didn't get out yesterday. Then jobs etc and get the thatch trimmed. Hoping to get the house move headed towards exchange seen so lots to do on that front.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,910
    Oi bint seen no poineapples round these parts yet, must be accelerating relatively away.

    Going to piddle it down all day according to forecast. Local microbrewery is having an Oktoberfest day, bad luck there guys, all outside with just a small marquee. Nah.

    Think I'll go to the gym, do some alt muscle exercising, then watch Paris Roubaix Femmes this pm.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,946
    Stevo_666 said:

    Might have to walk dogs in the rain as they didn't get out yesterday.

    FFS - need to swop dogs, I know when I put my running gear on in a minute they will be straight to the back door, despite being out for an hour earlier
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

    this week's section of OU autism course done, going to Zwift for 30 mins then weights for 30 mins then pop into work to puck some stuff up.

    Then a viewing of Endless Summer over a trad curry take out
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,525
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, second cup of tea done, time for coffee next. Taking the old dear to see my uncle in a rehab unit, he's got some sort of hallunatory dementia which is most odd. Out for dinner later but have to drive as the EPO has done her ankle again.
    Good to see Vincent Vega.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just been watching Paris Roubaix 2001 on youtube whilst Zwifting - different era, far, far much more charisma than the drones that have been around until the last 18 months (and drugs, but hey...)
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I took advantage of a spare hour to brush up the leaves and assorted cr@p in the garden in preparation for a pre-autumn/winter pressure wash and algae treatment for the slabs. Pressure washer is ancient, and was leaking some sort of hydrocarbon and smoking a bit, so discretion won over valour, so I gave up as it was raining anyway. Now looking for pressure washers online.

    See, this is the Olympic standard mundanity you've not been treated to.

    Off to V's tomorrow, weather permitting, for some fettling and hopefully a short spin and a slice of cake.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Karcher.

    Job jobbed.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Anyhow, sometimes mundanity is nice, mundanity is good.

    Just make sure its interspersed with lots of vino rosso.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,494
    hopkinb said:

    I took advantage of a spare hour to brush up the leaves and assorted cr@p in the garden in preparation for a pre-autumn/winter pressure wash and algae treatment for the slabs. Pressure washer is ancient, and was leaking some sort of hydrocarbon and smoking a bit, so discretion won over valour, so I gave up as it was raining anyway. Now looking for pressure washers online.

    See, this is the Olympic standard mundanity you've not been treated to.

    Off to V's tomorrow, weather permitting, for some fettling and hopefully a short spin and a slice of cake.

    I pressure washed my foot once. I don’t recommend it.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,595
    Misty drizzly rubbish almost all day. Had planned to give new car a decent wash and clean up but not worth it in those conditions. Ditto mowing the grass or much else outdoors.

    Started packing up a bike frame which will sell tomorrow, playing cardboard origami. Need more cardboard, and tape to finish the job.

    May have a buyer for my motorcycle too... be sad to sell but 1500 km in 3 years hardly justifies keeping it, especially when the bulk of that was to the shops mainly to give it a run and charge the battery.

    Need to pack up the remaining stuff in the office and get it out ready for tiling work Monday.

    Turbo ride late, a fabulous looking road in Spain from Girona up the coast. I wish.



    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,525
    seanoconn said:

    hopkinb said:

    I took advantage of a spare hour to brush up the leaves and assorted cr@p in the garden in preparation for a pre-autumn/winter pressure wash and algae treatment for the slabs. Pressure washer is ancient, and was leaking some sort of hydrocarbon and smoking a bit, so discretion won over valour, so I gave up as it was raining anyway. Now looking for pressure washers online.

    See, this is the Olympic standard mundanity you've not been treated to.

    Off to V's tomorrow, weather permitting, for some fettling and hopefully a short spin and a slice of cake.

    I pressure washed my foot once. I don’t recommend it.
    Did it get rid of the smell?
    H³ missed the saga of the frying pans, we needed H³ for that.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited October 2021

    seanoconn said:

    hopkinb said:

    I took advantage of a spare hour to brush up the leaves and assorted cr@p in the garden in preparation for a pre-autumn/winter pressure wash and algae treatment for the slabs. Pressure washer is ancient, and was leaking some sort of hydrocarbon and smoking a bit, so discretion won over valour, so I gave up as it was raining anyway. Now looking for pressure washers online.

    See, this is the Olympic standard mundanity you've not been treated to.

    Off to V's tomorrow, weather permitting, for some fettling and hopefully a short spin and a slice of cake.

    I pressure washed my foot once. I don’t recommend it.
    Did it get rid of the smell?
    H³ missed the saga of the frying pans, we needed H³ for that.
    Oooh, what did I miss? Either someone burned themselves, bought some pans that wouldn't work on induction, or spent a small fortune and was mocked.

    If the latter, then join the club. I had some expensive aluminium alloy pans for my first wedding that lasted 19 years and were still in good nick, but don't work on the induction hob. Now I have heavy gauge triple ply base stainless steel saucepans and sauté pan, and a non-stick wok/chef's pan thing and a large and small frying pan from the same range. I don't expect to replace the stainless stuff, I think the non-stick stuff is guaranteed by the manufacturer for 10 years. It's all hand washed, no metal tools in the non-stick.

    None of this was cheap.

    I've had my knives 22 years. I have a fallkniven double sided (diamond/sapphire ceramic) bench stone to keep them tip-top. Again, hand-wash only.

    You don't want to know how much my "best" wine glasses are..., though I don't believe in keeping things for best, and they get used frequently.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,910
    Aw go on go on go on, how much?

    Gym gymed, very quiet. Totally soaked on the walk home, perfectly imperfect timing.

    P-R Femmes looks to a slip slide fest on the pavé sections. Go Lizzie.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,595
    hopkinb said:


    You don't want to know how much my "best" wine glasses are..., though I don't believe in keeping things for best, and they get used frequently.

    This is the correct approach. I remember growing up there was a set of quite beautiful porcelain Rosenthal tableware in the cupboard which only ever got used on "special" occasions. Think it was a wedding present for my parents. My mother finally decided that was a silly idea, binned the old cheap stuff and got some use out of it. She's still using it now, 65 years later.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,494
    hopkinb said:

    seanoconn said:

    hopkinb said:

    I took advantage of a spare hour to brush up the leaves and assorted cr@p in the garden in preparation for a pre-autumn/winter pressure wash and algae treatment for the slabs. Pressure washer is ancient, and was leaking some sort of hydrocarbon and smoking a bit, so discretion won over valour, so I gave up as it was raining anyway. Now looking for pressure washers online.

    See, this is the Olympic standard mundanity you've not been treated to.

    Off to V's tomorrow, weather permitting, for some fettling and hopefully a short spin and a slice of cake.

    I pressure washed my foot once. I don’t recommend it.
    Did it get rid of the smell?
    H³ missed the saga of the frying pans, we needed H³ for that.
    Oooh, what did I miss? Either someone burned themselves, bought some pans that wouldn't work on induction, or spent a small fortune and was mocked.

    If the latter, then join the club. I had some expensive aluminium alloy pans for my first wedding that lasted 19 years and were still in good nick, but don't work on the induction hob. Now I have heavy gauge triple ply base stainless steel saucepans and sauté pan, and a non-stick wok/chef's pan thing and a large and small frying pan from the same range. I don't expect to replace the stainless stuff, I think the non-stick stuff is guaranteed by the manufacturer for 10 years. It's all hand washed, no metal tools in the non-stick.

    None of this was cheap.

    I've had my knives 22 years. I have a fallkniven double sided (diamond/sapphire ceramic) bench stone to keep them tip-top. Again, hand-wash only.

    You don't want to know how much my "best" wine glasses are..., though I don't believe in keeping things for best, and they get used frequently.
    Oh god yes! Thanks for reminding me V. Hop is probably the only person who might appreciate my pans.

    Mocked, ridiculed, treated with derision etc. Ok, to the untrained eye of these philistines, £400 for 3 frying pans might have sounded excessive.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,494
    Walter the Volkswagen passed his MOT again with flying colours. I must treat him to a service as a thank you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,946
    seanoconn said:

    Walter the Volkswagen passed his MOT again with flying colours. I must treat him to a service as a thank you.

    Imagine if you could get all the parts really cheap - money towards the next set of pans………
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Took advantage of not having any petrol to explore the public footpaths round here for the first time since moving. Walked about 7km loop along paths and bridle ways to a woodland park that had a cafe. Coffee and cake and home. Path was not suitable for a buggy, not where the kissing gates that didn't fit a buggy through and I had to lift it over about 4 of them.

    Worth the effort though for a good exploring session.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,494
    tlw1 said:

    seanoconn said:

    Walter the Volkswagen passed his MOT again with flying colours. I must treat him to a service as a thank you.

    Imagine if you could get all the parts really cheap - money towards the next set of pans………
    Hmmm, if only I knew someone who worked for a parts company with a permanent sale 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,946
    seanoconn said:

    tlw1 said:

    seanoconn said:

    Walter the Volkswagen passed his MOT again with flying colours. I must treat him to a service as a thank you.

    Imagine if you could get all the parts really cheap - money towards the next set of pans………
    Hmmm, if only I knew someone who worked for a parts company with a permanent sale 🤔
    Staff account
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Having a sit in my armchair in my "study". Got an actual paper book that I've been meaning to read, a small glass of red wine, the door is closed. 5m² isn't much space, but it's enough. Maybe one of those IKEA/Sonos collaboration bookshelf speakers should go on the wishlist.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,946
    Wow - the people going to see the wonder stuff either haven’t changed their look or have found their old clothes.

    I’m rocking a pink shirt - I think I’m the only one in this colour
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited October 2021
    seanoconn said:

    hopkinb said:

    seanoconn said:

    hopkinb said:

    I took advantage of a spare hour to brush up the leaves and assorted cr@p in the garden in preparation for a pre-autumn/winter pressure wash and algae treatment for the slabs. Pressure washer is ancient, and was leaking some sort of hydrocarbon and smoking a bit, so discretion won over valour, so I gave up as it was raining anyway. Now looking for pressure washers online.

    See, this is the Olympic standard mundanity you've not been treated to.

    Off to V's tomorrow, weather permitting, for some fettling and hopefully a short spin and a slice of cake.

    I pressure washed my foot once. I don’t recommend it.
    Did it get rid of the smell?
    H³ missed the saga of the frying pans, we needed H³ for that.
    Oooh, what did I miss? Either someone burned themselves, bought some pans that wouldn't work on induction, or spent a small fortune and was mocked.

    If the latter, then join the club. I had some expensive aluminium alloy pans for my first wedding that lasted 19 years and were still in good nick, but don't work on the induction hob. Now I have heavy gauge triple ply base stainless steel saucepans and sauté pan, and a non-stick wok/chef's pan thing and a large and small frying pan from the same range. I don't expect to replace the stainless stuff, I think the non-stick stuff is guaranteed by the manufacturer for 10 years. It's all hand washed, no metal tools in the non-stick.

    None of this was cheap.

    I've had my knives 22 years. I have a fallkniven double sided (diamond/sapphire ceramic) bench stone to keep them tip-top. Again, hand-wash only.

    You don't want to know how much my "best" wine glasses are..., though I don't believe in keeping things for best, and they get used frequently.
    Oh god yes! Thanks for reminding me V. Hop is probably the only person who might appreciate my pans.

    Mocked, ridiculed, treated with derision etc. Ok, to the untrained eye of these philistines, £400 for 3 frying pans might have sounded excessive.
    Sounds about right for some lifetime pans. If you resent the £400 quid, it'll eat away at your soul. If they bring you cooking joy, it's money well spent. Plus, I expect they're pretty heavy at that price, so can double as a home defence device.

    I was in a cutlery/kitchen place up in Derbyshire dodging the incessant fcuking rain. £200 for an olivewood fruit bowl. I sh!t you not. If you put it in that context, you've got yourself a bargain.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    @seanoconn what's the avatar? I like. Looks like Wittering. Has a touch of the Turner about the sky.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,507
    hopkinb said:

    @seanoconn what's the avatar? I like. Looks like Wittering. Has a touch of the Turner about the sky.

    Did you see his last avatar? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

    hopkinb said:

    @seanoconn what's the avatar? I like. Looks like Wittering. Has a touch of the Turner about the sky.

    Did you see his last avatar? :)
    V said that Seano had adopted Mark Renton for a while. :)