• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    edited September 2021
    If the token gay bloke thinks it's over the top it must be bad :D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Stevo_666 said:

Its the nosey gits I'm bothered about.

Here's a few pics - apparently the wife has a wedding event business and she keeps all the gear in her house which is why it looks a bit like a bloody fairy grotto. That will all go, but the potential deal breaker is that ferkin sign in the bathroom :)

Thought that was a profile of Hitler on the stairs until I had a closer look.
    That would've been from a very niche wedding.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Here's a few pics - apparently the wife has a wedding event business and she keeps all the gear in her house which is why it looks a bit like a bloody fairy grotto. That will all go, but the potential deal breaker is that ferkin sign in the bathroom :)

Brown shirt and black tie from distance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Stevo_666 said:

I reckon my sig has never been more relevant :p

Nicer than my gaff 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515

Actually, cleared out of all that shoite hanging off every available inch it looks like it could be ok. Except the light fittings, which are just criminally awful.

Do people really have weddings styled in such bad taste as that? Anyone with sofas like those red and purple jobbies can’t be taken seriously.

Some oddities: what’s the shizzle behind that hideous bed? Looks like a plastic sheet covered window and a blocked off what?? And are the floors genuine timber or laminate? There’s herringbone parquetry at the base of the stairs, and straight boards elsewhere. Seems a funny mix. Speaking of stairs, those look very narrow treads and quite steep as a result? Safe for you oldies? 😀

Fix the lights, and get someone not colour blind to sort that mushroom-poo coloured bathroom and ice blue dining space.

The lights will go or be changed, don't worry. And luckily most of the weird stuff isn't attached to anything so will definitely go. Floorboards that I noticed looked like wood but main thing was they don't creak: I've seen a few places with creaky floorboards which annoys me. Some good spots there WS. In the end if its cosmetic, its not too hard to fix.

You could come over and test it out in advance as the forum old git ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Nicer than my gaff 👍

You're in my good books again Seano :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2021
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Maybe she'd arranged something for Prince Harry a good few years back? Anyhow, I'll replace it with my portrait of Maggie T. To a Cake Stopper there's no real difference :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Stevo_666 said:

...my portrait of Maggie T.

Sad.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sad.

Those paint by numbers kits are really good I'll have you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sad.

Those paint by numbers kits are really good I'll have you know.
    Next up, crochet:

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

ah hell ma boy, thats nice. the kitchen us lively.

v v well done fingers crossed it all comes together ok.

really, really nice.

whats the garage like?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

All that clutter will be gone and when it's empty before you move in (hopefully), we'll get a better set of pics?
    Plenty pf room for 2 people to knock around in it. So much, you could avoid each other for weeks :)

What area is it in?

yup - once all that trinketshit is gone its gonna be fab for you to do your own thing to.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

ah hell ma boy, thats nice. the kitchen us lively.

v v well done fingers crossed it all comes together ok.

really, really nice.

whats the garage like?
    Ta - there are actually 2 garages. There's the one in the pic on the other thread, that's actually a studio/work area/man cave with a mezzanine level for stashing stuff or sleeping if you get locked out after a late one down the pub. Will need kitting out with desk etc and maybe stick an extra window in for more light.

There's another garage out of shot to the left which is just a plain old garage and will be used for car + junk. Although there's room for at least 4 cars on the drive bits.
  • MattFalle
    sweeeeet. make it into your area for work/chilling/hanging out - decent steteo, nice bike on the wall, some cool prints. Chesterfield armchair or couch, you know the score.

maybe turn the second garage into a workshop?
    tbh, once the clutter is out its gonna be mega massive and lush.

whats the garden situ?

but again, v v sweeet overall.

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

sweeeeet. make it into your area for work/chilling/hanging out - decent steteo, nice bike on the wall, some cool prints. Chesterfield armchair or couch, you know the score.

tbh, once the clutter is out its gonna be mega massive and lush.

whats the garden situ?

but again, v v sweeet overall.

That's the cunning master plan with garage number 1. Number 2 is still tbc.

Garden is a decent size - I reckon about 0.55 of an acre but the plot is a funny shape so was a bit tricky to work out accurately. Most of it is grass with hedges round the edge and a few big trees dotted around. Might need a bigger mower.

Mind you, waiting for the survey report so this still has the potential to go pear shaped.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

'Workshop'... 'Stevo'?!

ROFL

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

'Workshop'... 'Stevo'?!

ROFL

You could come and do all my manual labour for me. Free accommodation in said workshop...
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Stevo will need a full time gardener how you fixed Pinno or MF for that matter.

MF will 'fix' the garden.