Vuelta 2021-Stage 14 :Don Benito - Pico Villuercas, 165.7km *SPOILERS*

13»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Vine and Herrada also now pass Zeits and Prodhomme, no way was that 50" gap correct. 5km to go.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Attack out the bunch
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Someone cue up the SL2
  • Pross
    Bardet 22" lead now if you can believe the clock. Group of 5 behind but no Pidcock or Holmes
  • Pross
    Vine now chasing Bardet, that's some adrenaline burst!
  • Pross
    Have to go an pick my daughter up now!
  • mididoctors
    Peloton pacy but inactive
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Drool hanging off bardets face
  • mididoctors
    Clock.says 46 secs lead doesn't look like it to.me
  • mididoctors
    Cofidis trying to drop odd
  • mididoctors
    Good win by bardet ....think he gets mountain jersey too
  • mididoctors
    Harrada and vine take the time bonus
  • mididoctors
    Cofidis still ahead we don't know ... coverage s41t
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo full defence mode
  • mididoctors
    Cofidis caught
  • mididoctors
    Lopez off the front JV dont care
  • mididoctors
    Lopez stealing a few secs ...
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2021
    Haig roglic bernal mas close behind
  • mididoctors
    edited August 2021
    Hot day .....watch the last 50 km .
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    I see Carapaz pulled out today.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    How many of the closing km should I be looking to watch please people?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    daniel_b said:

I've not read up the thread, so no idea on the results.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mididoctors
    daniel_b said:

last 45 km

• Pross
    Good battle up front and decent win from Bardet but it was a turd from a GC point of view. It would be funny if JV keep killing the stages and as a result the Odd Viking manages to hold on. Unfortunately I can't see it happening as he looked to be struggling once the pace picked up at the end.

Stage result:

1. Bardet
    2. Herrada +44"
    3. Vine +44"
    4. Pidcock +1'12"
    5. Champoussin +1'14"
    6. Holmes +1'16"

Lopez gained a few seconds on GC with Roglic leading in the other contenders but there were a few splits with Eiking losing about 20" to Roglic and 2" to Martin. Bernal looked stronger today and may have got past Roglic had he not drifted across and shut Bernal against the barriers. Yates lost a handful of seconds.
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock tried to sandbag it but didn't have it at the end ... Vine was top notch