Vuelta 2021-Stage 14 :Don Benito - Pico Villuercas, 165.7km *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,581
    edited August 2021

Pidcock got back ..the chasers may look at each other here on these gradients ...power climb sitting In the wheels matters

So is that the second chase group (behind the Zeits trio that just clipped off) and, if so, is that definitely Vine with them? Seems unlikely.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,863
    Peloton is going backwards
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Jeez, at least when Sky used to sit on the front they set a high pace. JV all over the road leading a club run. Killing the race.
  • Pross
    Prodhomme gurning in full on Voeckler mode.
  • mididoctors
    The heat is killing everyone
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Prodhomme bonking?
  • Pross
    JV have suddenly realised it's a race and started stringing it out.
  • mididoctors
    Bardet trying to bridge
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock looking better than all day
  • Pross
    Hell of a ride from Vine, going after Bardet's attack now looking very battered
  • mididoctors
    Ruse by pidcock
  • Pross
    Now he attacks taking Pidcock
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock clips off in pursuit
  • Pross
    Pidcock now clips off the group and gets a gap. Prodhomme and Zeits still in front.
  • Pross
    Pidcock sits up and lets Bardet and co catch him.
  • mididoctors
    They are neutralising each other
  • Pross
    Prodhomme seems to have recovered. Pidcock should have kept going as the Bardet group are messing around.
  • Pross
    10km to go.
  • mididoctors
    Bunch is 5 km behind
  • Pross
    Prodhomme leading, Bardet / Pidcock group at 48" with Zeits somewhere between. Peloton at 14' 15".
  • mididoctors
    They are running out of road here
  • Pross
    Not sure what was in the bottle Prodhomme took a few Kms back but he has gone from looking dead to stretching out his lead. Bardet group now 1 minute down.
  • Pross
    The chase group need to stop worrying about Bardet. Geniez has and now Tom is going too. Prodhomme with suffering face again. Vine looks surprisingly free of blood after that crash although his jersey is a mess.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Pidcock attacking the group of limpets 1 minute behind the leader.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Bardet is now clear of the chase group.
  • Pross
    Zeits around 6" behind Prodhomme with Bardet around 35" down.
  • Pross
    Movistar move to the front of the peloton. Presumably their team leader, Roglic, has asked them for a bit more pace to deter attacks.
  • Pross
    Bardet bridges to Zeits as he bridges to Prodhomme then goes straight through. Not convinced the time gaps were right.
  • mididoctors
    Bardet over the top ...TV director totally missing what happened ... Chase group exploded off screen
  • mididoctors
    Bardet all in now