Vuelta 2021-stage 10: Roquetas de Mar > Rincón de la Victoria -189km *SPOILERS*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    Virtual jersey
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Attacks from the break ..over 12 mins to the peloton
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    edited August 2021

Not seeing the stage start is annoying when there's a fight to get in the break, but let's face it, most Vuelta stages are 100km of dual carriageway followed by a bump or two of varying sizes

Friday they managed to show it from the start, and that was worth it. It's not difficult to look at the profiles and say "that's an easy break day when it's Euskatel, Burgos and Caja Rural" or "that's one they're all going to fight to be in". Been 4 days so far when the profile looked likely.
  • mididoctors
    Kicking off on the climb
  • mididoctors
    The peloton 13 Mins behind
  • mididoctors
    Roglic attacks from peloton
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,593
    Roglic has attacked.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Does he not realise he's almost 20 kms from the finish, not 300m?
  • mididoctors
    All happening in GC group
  • mididoctors
    Movistar in pursuit . Haig following
  • mididoctors
    Coverage is all over the place
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Storer out front... wonder how long he'll stay at DSM
  • mididoctors
    I think race radio is lacking
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Roglic is so boring :wink:
  • mididoctors
    Ineos caught out completely
  • Pross
    This has confused Movistar, there's no Ineos rider in front for them to chase down and no Ineos rider with them to chase Roglic for them.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,593
    Oops. Roglic down.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Roglic stacks it!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Pross said:

Roglic is so boring :wink:

Yup.
  • mididoctors
    Jesus roglic crashes
  • Pross
    Doh!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Rog down. Was overcooking a corner and wobbled. Up again
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Dorset_Boy
    Storer doubles up to take hissecond stage.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Going to be an Odd red jersey
  • Pross
    Another excellent ride by Storer
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    If Roglic had a brain and used it sometimes he would actually win a lot more than he has.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Pross
    To sum up Ineos' race van Baarle leads out the sprint from the chasing group only for one or two to pass him.
  • Pross
    Turns out descending a dead straight ski jump ramp doesn't make you a great descender on a bike. Who'd have thought? Some pretty poor lines being chosen by Roglic in the group. Still taking over 30" more from Bernal though.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Decent day's work for Rog, apart from the dodgy descending.
    Palms off the red jersey for a few days and puts another half a minute into Bernal and Yates.