13»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    gsk82 said:

pblakeney said:

mrb123 said:

pblakeney said:

Might not be the gold that you would expect but that is a damned fine looking bike.
    As far as squiggly Pinarellos go.

Didn't Wilier do some bikes with that kind of finish?
    Apparently they did.
    My favourite paint job at the moment is the Treks but they look horrible in still photos compared to on TV though. 🤔

Those red Mondeos with massive white logos?!
    Having Googled for a photo I know what you mean.
    Looked good on the TV during the Tour though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    Reading INRNG's profile this morning and the route map is noticeable for the complete lack of any action in the north east of the country. It got me thinking of any memorable stages in the Girona region, and I couldn't think of a single one, which given how popular it is with the riders themselves seems a bit odd. Has the race ever been up Rocacorba, for instance?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Veering off topic but Rocacorba triggers me to say the latest Life in the Peloton / Cycling Podcast episode with Mitch D has long chat with Ashleigh MP, good one.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530

I watched about 2 minutes of the team presentation this evening. Must have cost them all of 10 quid for the stage area and paying the acts.

Hopefully I will have the first week's stages sorted, but after it's over to you all.

The acts were pretty poor. Seen better at remote village fiestas.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628

JimD666 said:

Temperatures for the opening weekend forecast to go above 40C.
    Not good news.
    Early better news involving flat stages 2 and 4. Both currently have fresh cross/tailwinds forecast. (SW 3-4, NE4)

So I did a quick copy and paste of the text into Google for a translation.

"So that you can get an idea of ​​the hell we will have, maximums planned for Saturday, with air subsidence which means deactivating marinades, or explain the danger of fire that we will have, I hope we are lucky and people are aware of the situation"

Deactivate Marinades??! Anyone able to provide a more context based translation for those of us who still struggle with our native language, let along mangling someone elses.

EDIT: Or is it right and marinades need to be deactivated or really bad things will happen?
    I think deactivate marinades is correct. In 40+C temperatures there's a huge fire risk, so bbq is definitely out, and any serious bbq aficionado would be activating the marinade about now.
    Boring answer - it’ll be that coloured fire retardant stuff they drop on forest fires.
    Any excuse to post this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZoibox3aL0

One of the greatest action sequences / soundtrack combos ever produced for a movie.
    (The benefits of having a small person around)
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,930
    For being nearly 50, I've enjoyed that far more than I should :smiley:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,247
    edited August 2021

Looks a good one. Not completely insane, but very very hard for very very long.
  • davieb78
    davieb78 Posts: 97

Looks a good one. Not completely insane, but very very hard for very very long.
    I’ve ridden it. It’s absolutely fantastic. Not as hard as the Angliru, but more interesting and dramatic (although I did still love the Angliru). There’s a couple of really rough concrete sections where things could blow apart.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pblakeney said:

Might not be the gold that you would expect but that is a damned fine looking bike.
    As far as squiggly Pinarellos go.

Looks like its melting to me.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Primoz has one, too.

Meh.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    Higher spoke count than expected.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364

JimD666 said:

Not good news.
    Early better news involving flat stages 2 and 4. Both currently have fresh cross/tailwinds forecast. (SW 3-4, NE4)

"So that you can get an idea of ​​the hell we will have, maximums planned for Saturday, with air subsidence which means deactivating marinades, or explain the danger of fire that we will have, I hope we are lucky and people are aware of the situation"

Deactivate Marinades??! Anyone able to provide a more context based translation for those of us who still struggle with our native language, let along mangling someone elses.

EDIT: Or is it right and marinades need to be deactivated or really bad things will happen?
    I think deactivate marinades is correct. In 40+C temperatures there's a huge fire risk, so bbq is definitely out, and any serious bbq aficionado would be activating the marinade about now.
    Boring answer - it’ll be that coloured fire retardant stuff they drop on forest fires.

One of the greatest action sequences / soundtrack combos ever produced for a movie.
    How did we miss that! Must get the twins onto it!
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,930
    phil485 said:

JimD666 said:

Not good news.

In case you haven't noticed, it's available on iPlayer at the moment. It was on this afternoon.....
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    JimD666 said:

phil485 said:

JimD666 said:

Not good news.

In case you haven't noticed, it's available on iPlayer at the moment. It was on this afternoon.....
    "Windlifter copies"