Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

sunday pour in your cups the pure blood of the vine

'ning

gloomy but may stay dry to start

ride early, cafes, pack shiny bike, laze to womens' rr
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast sun forecast later, relaxing day ahead
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,611
    Good news is bikes and a party at mothers later.

    Bad news is way too much ale last night and just over 3 hrs sleep. When I say bad news, it was a giggle
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,452
    Morning All. Just about blue-sky out. More Flat pack assembly and a tip run or 2. Hopefully ride out later if it stays dry. TLW, trust it isn't to bad on both counts.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,319
    Wall to wall sunshine here.

    Fields are brown, the garden is brown, it's almost Spanish.
    Needs a tune.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,355
    spanish, you say...


    great with a bottle of bubbly and plenty of tapas, most famous bit starts about 52:30
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,319
    I'll raise you SG. (Poor sound quality but still good). This is track I have on a Vinyl LP.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,355
    edited July 2021
    be good to see some live in tablaos again

    watched rr on catch-up, off to pack shiny bike before cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,288 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Repair of coffee machine completed last night after further dismantling, cleaning and head scratching. Getting air locks out was the final conundrum.

    Very glad it worked.
    Gloomy out and off to the old dear's later.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    Weird. Doorbell rang while I'm sitting catching up on the WRR. There's a youngster there representing local Tories asking if I have any issues or concerns.... 🤔

    Let me think.

    I was remarkably polite and courteous while giving him the ODFO. Local not national but still part of the #toryscum.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,174
    orraloon said:


    I was remarkably polite and courteous while giving him the ODFO. Local not national but still part of the #toryscum.

    We went blue at the last election, as did the constituency next door.
    Wouldn't mind but all they've done so far is pose for photos and jump on whatever this week's bandwagon is.

    Not sure the other teams would've been any better though.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    thistle_ said:

    orraloon said:


    I was remarkably polite and courteous while giving him the ODFO. Local not national but still part of the #toryscum.

    We went blue at the last election, as did the constituency next door.
    Wouldn't mind but all they've done so far is pose for photos and jump on whatever this week's bandwagon is.

    Not sure the other teams would've been any better though.
    Did you expect any different, given the over riding criterion for selection as a Tory party parliamentary candidate was / is to be part of Spaffer's Gang and suck insert appropriate phrase of choice?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,340
    Bit of a lie in, hounds walked and now onto coffee.

    We've never seen Labour canvassers round here - they just push leaflets though the letter box and run away. I wish they'd print their stuff on softer paper as the downstairs toilet is just next to the front door :) The Lib Dem canvasser got the message when I started the car up in loud mode as I was talking to her...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,174
    Taken this beauty out for a short spin:

    I'd give it a wash but I've just lubed the chain.

    The tables outside Greggs seems to have been taken over by several dad's taking their kids out cycling. Feels like a more cycling cafe for the commoners.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,858
    thistle_ said:

    Taken this beauty out for a short spin:

    I'd give it a wash but I've just lubed the chain.

    The tables outside Greggs seems to have been taken over by several dad's taking their kids out cycling. Feels like a more cycling cafe for the commoners.

    Nice SS. I've been considering re-doing an old steel hardtail like that, just nowhere much to ride one round here, too damn hilly.

    Cold day, windy, wet. Snow and hail up on the mountain. Stayed in mostly. Nice "ride" around the Atlantic coast of Ireland, through Banfry (?).

    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,319
    sungod said:

    ...off to pack shiny bike...

    More hols?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,355
    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    ...off to pack shiny bike...

    More hols?

    yep, one can never have too many hols

    already sent a tabbygram to get the fridge filled with essentials, well, drink :smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,174
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    ...off to pack shiny bike...

    More hols?

    yep, one can never have too many hols

    already sent a tabbygram to get the fridge filled with essentials, well, drink :smiley:
    You'll get there and find it full of Whiskas and catnip.

    Watered next door's cat again this morning and he was very grateful then went back to sleep with his head in the bowl of water.
    They're moving out today/tomorrow so wondering how many days it will be before he's back round here.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 9,188
    edited July 2021
    ciao

    tdv and the MFs were woken up by some stupid music at 5 this morning.

    Post coffee the MFs went out hunting for were it came from - came upon the remnants of some shyt hipster wedding - tee pees and the such like. It's going to be burnt down tonight.

    zwifted for a bit, bit of a weights sesh then out for lunch - bruschetta, mixed salumi, pizza, tiramisu, a glass of Montepulciano to wash it down.

    now its cleared up weather wise having coffee on the top terrace before watching women's rr.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,452
    Evening folks, looks like one or 2 of our southern brethren may be swimming again this evening. Trust everyone has survived.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,340
    oxoman said:

    Evening folks, looks like one or 2 of our southern brethren may be swimming again this evening. Trust everyone has survived.

    No problems here Oxo. Saved me topping up the pond as well. And it's dry tomorrow for pedalling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,611
    Nice weather up north for once, bike ride was fun with a cup on a 30min section with 1800+ competitors - slightly tainted by the fact that the mate I dragged round somehow beat me.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 9,141
    tlw1 said:

    Nice weather up north for once, bike ride was fun with a cup on a 30min section with 1800+ competitors - slightly tainted by the fact that the mate I dragged round somehow beat me.

    Never mind, 1801 place is still very respectable in my eyes 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
Sign In or Register to comment.