my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast sun forecast later, relaxing day ahead
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Good news is bikes and a party at mothers later.

Bad news is way too much ale last night and just over 3 hrs sleep. When I say bad news, it was a giggle
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Wall to wall sunshine here.

Fields are brown, the garden is brown, it's almost Spanish.
    Needs a tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CTHuUsDvG8
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    spanish, you say...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YcgZI424Dc

great with a bottle of bubbly and plenty of tapas, most famous bit starts about 52:30
  • pinno
    I'll raise you SG. (Poor sound quality but still good). This is track I have on a Vinyl LP.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2Fyjk0GGM
  • sungod
    edited July 2021
    be good to see some live in tablaos again

watched rr on catch-up, off to pack shiny bike before cafe stroll
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Repair of coffee machine completed last night after further dismantling, cleaning and head scratching. Getting air locks out was the final conundrum.

Very glad it worked.
    Gloomy out and off to the old dear's later.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Weird. Doorbell rang while I'm sitting catching up on the WRR. There's a youngster there representing local Tories asking if I have any issues or concerns.... 🤔

Let me think.

I was remarkably polite and courteous while giving him the ODFO. Local not national but still part of the #toryscum.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    orraloon said:

I was remarkably polite and courteous while giving him the ODFO. Local not national but still part of the #toryscum.

We went blue at the last election, as did the constituency next door.
    Wouldn't mind but all they've done so far is pose for photos and jump on whatever this week's bandwagon is.

Not sure the other teams would've been any better though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

We went blue at the last election, as did the constituency next door.
    Wouldn't mind but all they've done so far is pose for photos and jump on whatever this week's bandwagon is.

Not sure the other teams would've been any better though.
    Did you expect any different, given the over riding criterion for selection as a Tory party parliamentary candidate was / is to be part of Spaffer's Gang and suck insert appropriate phrase of choice?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Bit of a lie in, hounds walked and now onto coffee.

We've never seen Labour canvassers round here - they just push leaflets though the letter box and run away. I wish they'd print their stuff on softer paper as the downstairs toilet is just next to the front door :) The Lib Dem canvasser got the message when I started the car up in loud mode as I was talking to her...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Taken this beauty out for a short spin:

I'd give it a wash but I've just lubed the chain.

The tables outside Greggs seems to have been taken over by several dad's taking their kids out cycling. Feels like a more cycling cafe for the commoners.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    thistle_ said:

Taken this beauty out for a short spin:

I'd give it a wash but I've just lubed the chain.

The tables outside Greggs seems to have been taken over by several dad's taking their kids out cycling. Feels like a more cycling cafe for the commoners.

Nice SS. I've been considering re-doing an old steel hardtail like that, just nowhere much to ride one round here, too damn hilly.

Cold day, windy, wet. Snow and hail up on the mountain. Stayed in mostly. Nice "ride" around the Atlantic coast of Ireland, through Banfry (?).

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    sungod said:

...off to pack shiny bike...

More hols?

• sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

More hols?

yep, one can never have too many hols

already sent a tabbygram to get the fridge filled with essentials, well, drink :smiley:
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

More hols?

yep, one can never have too many hols

already sent a tabbygram to get the fridge filled with essentials, well, drink :smiley:
    You'll get there and find it full of Whiskas and catnip.

Watered next door's cat again this morning and he was very grateful then went back to sleep with his head in the bowl of water.
    They're moving out today/tomorrow so wondering how many days it will be before he's back round here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited July 2021
    ciao

tdv and the MFs were woken up by some stupid music at 5 this morning.

Post coffee the MFs went out hunting for were it came from - came upon the remnants of some shyt hipster wedding - tee pees and the such like. It's going to be burnt down tonight.

zwifted for a bit, bit of a weights sesh then out for lunch - bruschetta, mixed salumi, pizza, tiramisu, a glass of Montepulciano to wash it down.

now its cleared up weather wise having coffee on the top terrace before watching women's rr.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    oxoman said:

Evening folks, looks like one or 2 of our southern brethren may be swimming again this evening. Trust everyone has survived.

No problems here Oxo. Saved me topping up the pond as well. And it's dry tomorrow for pedalling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Nice weather up north for once, bike ride was fun with a cup on a 30min section with 1800+ competitors - slightly tainted by the fact that the mate I dragged round somehow beat me.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    tlw1 said:

Nice weather up north for once, bike ride was fun with a cup on a 30min section with 1800+ competitors - slightly tainted by the fact that the mate I dragged round somehow beat me.

Never mind, 1801 place is still very respectable in my eyes 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי