friday i tawt i taw a pussycat

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Can we mark this day down ready to celebrate next year?

I’ve fixed something myself, the sliding window wasn’t opening on the van and with a razor blade, GT85 and a block of wood - it now works
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tlw1 said:

I’ve fixed something myself, the sliding window wasn’t opening on the van and with a razor blade, GT85 and a block of wood - it now works

get in! celebratory beer for that tonight for all, for I have decreed that today is now the National Day of Repairing.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

sunny, smidge of cloud but looks like it'll clear, at newsagent intimidated thief into dropping swag and running for it, first ride on bora, rather loud, glue fresh tub on lw later

a cafe stroll may be in order

did you intimidate him with a home made shiv made from a toothbrush and razor blade that you had on you?

Pleeeeease say yes, please.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

get in! celebratory beer for that tonight for all, for I have decreed that today is now the National Day of Repairing.
    Tempted to start now
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH, then if hopefully finish the packing in time, start off on our holiday to Wales around 15.00 (Staying over somewhere near Redditch on the way to break the journey up).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

get in! celebratory beer for that tonight for all, for I have decreed that today is now the National Day of Breaking and Entering.
    FTFY.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

get in! celebratory beer for that tonight for all, for I have decreed that today is now the National Day of Breaking and Entering.
    FTFY.

We prefer to call it "found it open and were worried if anyone was hurt inside so we poked our heads in and all this stuff in our pockets is ours"
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

FTFY.

We prefer to call it "found it open and were worried if anyone was hurt inside so we poked our heads in and all this stuff in our pockets is ours"
    I'll try that one.

You could add "You wouldn't want all this stuff to fall into the wrong hands would you officer?".
  • tlw1
    I broke out though
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

sunny, smidge of cloud but looks like it'll clear, at newsagent intimidated thief into dropping swag and running for it, first ride on bora, rather loud, glue fresh tub on lw later

did you intimidate him with a home made shiv made from a toothbrush and razor blade that you had on you?

non-sweary order to stop while heading for him, he just legged it, over in seconds, no excitement

ran out of schwalbe glue remover to clean rim, grrrr, the carogna stuff is useless, may have to resort to naptha outside
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

non-sweary order to stop while heading for him, he just legged it, over in seconds, no excitement

ran out of schwalbe glue remover to clean rim, grrrr, the carogna stuff is useless, may have to resort to naptha outside
    agree - no one likes a soiled rim.
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

so you didn't throw anything at him at all?

chair?
    desk?
    shelf?
    child?

• pinno
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

so you didn't throw anything at him at all?
    Bubbly corks, empty sun cream bottles and a NYT aren't very intimidating.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    pinno said:
    "The squatters – Autonomous Nation of Anarchist Libertarians, known as ANAL "
    *snigger*
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

Busy today.
  • pinno
    It suddenly came to me - that miscreant that SG bumped into was one of Seano's kids.
  • pinno
    For a cyclist, you don't half post a lot of pics of the sea DHL.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    pinno said:

It suddenly came to me - that miscreant that SG bumped into was one of Seano's kids.

Racist
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    hopkinb said:

Lap, prior to more wfh. A couple of you might recognise the venue.

Changed a lot since my day
  • MattFalle

hopkinb said:

in colour?
    no horse and carts?
    no gas street lighting?
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Racist
    yeah. let's not talk to him.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Racist
    I actually thought that had you trained him up better, he might have got away with it.
    So it's your fault.

My girls look sweet and innocent - it's the perfect guise.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Racist
    yeah. let's not talk to him.
    You're half Welsh, half Italian. Seano is half Irish, half English. I'm half English, one quarter Welsh and one quarter Irish*.
    So you can hardly call me racist.

*International pedigree or what.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

in colour?
    no horse and carts?
    no gas street lighting?
    No saw dust or horse droppings either.
    It's all 'orrible and contemporary innit.
  • pinno
    How much sh*t can I stir up whilst procrastinating? I need to start making dinner and I have zero energy/inclination.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Xxxx that was a hot one. Rehydrating before beer time.

How many thistles pulled? Many, many, many. No puddy tat. But lots of wildlife in this 'river of life' meadow and backwater area. Sparrowhawk kept visiting, looking for ready grab opportunities I guess; kestrel, red kites of course, green woodpecker, heron, damselflies, ladybirds lots of, and so on down the scale. A good day, enjoyed it.

Now then, beers beckon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

in colour?
    no horse and carts?
    no gas street lighting?
    Rarely had horse drawn drays, even when Youngs still used them out of Wandsworth, as it's at the top of a hill.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

hopkinb said:

Posh now though, innit? I preferred it how it was, not that I knew it "in your day", but 10-15 years ago I used to go in a lot, as a mate lived on Edge Hill.

There's still a hard core of the old clientele who haven't yet died of knackered livers/copd/emphysema/lung cancer. In fact, you can see the mobility scooter of one such type in the foreground of the pic...

The last "famous" person I spotted in there was noted alleged "sex pest" John Leslie, dressed like a right nonce in some kind of pastel striped blazer, white shorts and boat shoes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

in colour?
    no horse and carts?
    no gas street lighting?
    Rarely had horse drawn drays, even when Youngs still used them out of Wandsworth, as it's at the top of a hill.
    I'm sure that the Pig and Whistle in Earlsfield, well Wimbledon Park really I suppose, used to get its beer off a horse drawn dray when I first moved there. But I could be imagining that.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180