TDF 2021: Stage 19, Mourenx > Libourne 207 km **Spoilers**

12346»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,134
    Pross said:

What are we counting as a breakaway win in the mountains by the way? Reaching the final climb ahead of the yellow jersey group?

There's usually a fairly well defined break of the day. Someone from that
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,698
    RichN95. said:

Pross said:

What are we counting as a breakaway win in the mountains by the way? Reaching the final climb ahead of the yellow jersey group?

By that definition, Mohoric's win yesterday wasn't a breakaway win.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,144

RichN95. said:

Pross said:

By that definition, Mohoric's win yesterday wasn't a breakaway win.
    Yesterday was a bit of an exception maybe. It featured both an early break and a late break.

Or you could also look at it as the peloton not being satisfied with the break and sending a load to bridge over to it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,531

daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

I think DQS having two days off for Sunday .... A lot of teams need a win . Letting this go makes sense

It concerns me though the 'all or potentially nothing' aspect of Sundays stage though.
    Would have preferred Cav to get 35 today, and then Sunday would not have had the same pressure on imho.
    Who’s gonna beat him
    Crashes (He nearly got taken out today) could take him and or his leadout train out, mechanical near the end, he might not have good legs or simply be ill, breakaway somehow gets away (Rare I know) - several things could happen.

Sunday could in theory be his last ever TDF stage.
    You sound like a pundit trying to keep it interesting.
    You were saying?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,024
    daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

I think DQS having two days off for Sunday .... A lot of teams need a win . Letting this go makes sense

It concerns me though the 'all or potentially nothing' aspect of Sundays stage though.
    Would have preferred Cav to get 35 today, and then Sunday would not have had the same pressure on imho.
    Who’s gonna beat him
    Crashes (He nearly got taken out today) could take him and or his leadout train out, mechanical near the end, he might not have good legs or simply be ill, breakaway somehow gets away (Rare I know) - several things could happen.

Sunday could in theory be his last ever TDF stage.
    You sound like a pundit trying to keep it interesting.
    You were saying?
    Haha indeed!!!