Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

monday merrymaking with mephistopheles

sungodsungod Posts: 13,722
'ning

soggy summer

may skip ride, cafe stroll and wfh while it rains
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,477
    'Ning

    Feeling rough after vaccine number 2, as expected.

    Might try the cafe stroll thing when it opens.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,598
    Morning. WFW, hopefully things better than last set. Waiting to hear feedback from recent interview. Currently dry outside. Feeling gutted after last night's match, some dirty playing by the other team. Couldn't watch after rashfords fuxx up.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,907
    Meh, will be a long day after last nights ale
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 5,526
    ciao

    my head hurts.

    bambina's birthday

    inner joy
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,103
    Morning, really has been the most rubbish summer weather I can recall this. do we know if the planets axis has done a wobble?
    Anyway grey an damp out much soft sand underfoot this morning while attempting a quick run (apparently its good for you running)

    Still onward to work an learning gumph etc. OH said she may have some tickets coming for the weekend so that could be nice.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,513
    On the way into town on the train for a change, got to deliver that watch I sold to the dealer. Got half a day off as well so may do a sungod style cafe stroll before headed into the office.

    Bit tired as the hounds weren't playing ball last night - refused to go out and take a leak last thing and we didnt want to get woken up in the middle of the night. Hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,894
    Morning!

    I see the ugly racists were/are out in force after last night’s result.

    In other news, I picked up a 1990 step-through frame Peugeot (yes, another). This one is too big for Miss6899, but:

    1. Mint condition;
    2. £28.13; and
    3. I’ll get £300 for it on London Gumtree
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,473
    Ben6899 said:

    Morning!

    I see the ugly racists were/are out in force after last night’s result.

    In other news, I picked up a 1990 step-through frame Peugeot (yes, another). This one is too big for Miss6899, but:

    1. Mint condition;
    2. £28.13; and
    3. I’ll get £300 for it on London Gumtree

    You'll be a millionaire at this rate.

    Bit dull here too.
    So much to do and no inclination to do it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,722
    strolled, sat among the shrubbery of the cafe, coffee, toast, juice, read nyt

    entertaining tdf stage yesterday, worth watching re-run if you missed it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,473
    sungod said:


    entertaining tdf stage yesterday, worth watching re-run if you missed it

    It was. No team in control creating the right conditions for chaos but despite that, Pogacar is handling it all fine.
    Dunno what certain individuals are trying to achieve - Uran, Carapaz, Vingeg(aud?!) to name a few.
    Alaphillipe has gone bonkers.
    Jumbo Visma are salvaging their tour.
    Ineos are pants.
    What were Fdj doing exactly?


    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,911
    I'll probably watch it later to catch up with stuff, been to the gym today and WFH.

    Supposedly running later, weather dependant.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,010
    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,722
    hopkinb said:

    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.

    radar suggests it's not stopping for a while...
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/knightsbridge/sw3-2/weather-radar/2292443
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,513
    Pretty biblical over here near Regents Park as well - suspect I will get wet whatever time I leave the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 6,779
    hopkinb said:

    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.

    Same here (watching the biblical thunderstorm, not hoping it stops before I pick up your mini from after school club, because that would be weird and totally inappropriate and illegal).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,010
    edited 12 July
    The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river that had formed under the single track railway bridge and were getting stuck. This was my sideways pavement earlier. Lovely oily sheen on the water.



    *turkeys may not have been actually in the cars, it's not Christmas after all.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,010
    elbowloh said:

    hopkinb said:

    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.

    Same here (watching the biblical thunderstorm, not hoping it stops before I pick up your mini from after school club, because that would be weird and totally inappropriate and illegal).
    It didn't stop, so I drove. On the pure leccy, so no dead seals or dolphins or polar bears.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,477
    hopkinb said:

    elbowloh said:

    hopkinb said:

    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.

    Same here (watching the biblical thunderstorm, not hoping it stops before I pick up your mini from after school club, because that would be weird and totally inappropriate and illegal).
    It didn't stop, so I drove. On the pure leccy, so no dead seals or dolphins or polar bears.
    I guess there's no exhaust to submerge and choke the engine, but I wouldn't fancy testing the waterproofing of a car battery pack while inside it.
    hopkinb said:

    The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river

    Mrs @tlw1 ?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,907
    hopkinb said:

    The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river that had formed under the single track railway bridge and were getting stuck. This was my sideways pavement earlier. Lovely oily sheen on the water.



    *turkeys may not have been actually in the cars, it's not Christmas after all.

    😂
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,473
    thistle_ said:

    hopkinb said:

    elbowloh said:

    hopkinb said:

    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.

    Same here (watching the biblical thunderstorm, not hoping it stops before I pick up your mini from after school club, because that would be weird and totally inappropriate and illegal).
    It didn't stop, so I drove. On the pure leccy, so no dead seals or dolphins or polar bears.
    I guess there's no exhaust to submerge and choke the engine, but I wouldn't fancy testing the waterproofing of a car battery pack while inside it.
    hopkinb said:

    The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river

    Mrs @tlw1 ?
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Roast Turkey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,564 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Back to work today, rode in thinking it didn't look too bad this morning and I don't mind getting wet on the way home. That was absolutely biblical, several stretches of road flooded all the way across leaving me riding through standing water in the middle. Thankfully traffic was bad enough nobody could try and pass me, it was kind of fun in a strange way and better than sitting in traffic. Had to tip water out of my shoes when I got home.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,473
    Ah but did you see any Turkey's floating around?
    Some transported in electric cars were cooked apparently.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,564 Lives Here
    No turkeys, last time it rained like this I did see a muppet on an electric scooter. They got to a flooded bit of road, looked at it and then turned roubd to go in the opposite direction. Picking it up and wading would have been better as the detour was about 3 miles.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,382
    Is that faked? No tyre smoke?
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,477

    Is that faked? No tyre smoke?
    The road surface looks very smooth and shiny?
    Maybe you can drift the roundabout without even trying.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 5,526
    thistle_ said:

    Is that faked? No tyre smoke?
    The road surface looks very smooth and shiny?
    Maybe you can drift the roundabout without even trying.
    tbh, they're all like that at home - everything is baked dry by the heat, city road surfaces are different and I think the street lighting is helping a bit.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 5,526

    Is that faked? No tyre smoke?
    nah - kosher, innit.
Sign In or Register to comment.