'ning

soggy summer

may skip ride, cafe stroll and wfh while it rains
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Feeling rough after vaccine number 2, as expected.

Might try the cafe stroll thing when it opens.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, will be a long day after last nights ale
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

my head hurts.

bambina's birthday

inner joy
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, really has been the most rubbish summer weather I can recall this. do we know if the planets axis has done a wobble?
    Anyway grey an damp out much soft sand underfoot this morning while attempting a quick run (apparently its good for you running)

Still onward to work an learning gumph etc. OH said she may have some tickets coming for the weekend so that could be nice.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On the way into town on the train for a change, got to deliver that watch I sold to the dealer. Got half a day off as well so may do a sungod style cafe stroll before headed into the office.

Bit tired as the hounds weren't playing ball last night - refused to go out and take a leak last thing and we didnt want to get woken up in the middle of the night. Hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning!

I see the ugly racists were/are out in force after last night’s result.

In other news, I picked up a 1990 step-through frame Peugeot (yes, another). This one is too big for Miss6899, but:

1. Mint condition;
    2. £28.13; and
    3. I’ll get £300 for it on London Gumtree
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ben6899 said:

Morning!

I see the ugly racists were/are out in force after last night’s result.

In other news, I picked up a 1990 step-through frame Peugeot (yes, another). This one is too big for Miss6899, but:

1. Mint condition;
    2. £28.13; and
    3. I’ll get £300 for it on London Gumtree

You'll be a millionaire at this rate.

Bit dull here too.
    So much to do and no inclination to do it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    strolled, sat among the shrubbery of the cafe, coffee, toast, juice, read nyt

entertaining tdf stage yesterday, worth watching re-run if you missed it
  • pinno
    sungod said:

entertaining tdf stage yesterday, worth watching re-run if you missed it

It was. No team in control creating the right conditions for chaos but despite that, Pogacar is handling it all fine.
    Dunno what certain individuals are trying to achieve - Uran, Carapaz, Vingeg(aud?!) to name a few.
    Alaphillipe has gone bonkers.
    Jumbo Visma are salvaging their tour.
    Ineos are pants.
    What were Fdj doing exactly?

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I'll probably watch it later to catch up with stuff, been to the gym today and WFH.

Supposedly running later, weather dependant.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    hopkinb said:

Biblical thunderstorm here. Have stopped wfhing, just to watch. Hope it stops in the next 45 mins before I go and get mini from after school club.

radar suggests it's not stopping for a while...
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/knightsbridge/sw3-2/weather-radar/2292443
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Pretty biblical over here near Regents Park as well - suspect I will get wet whatever time I leave the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

Same here (watching the biblical thunderstorm, not hoping it stops before I pick up your mini from after school club, because that would be weird and totally inappropriate and illegal).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    edited July 2021
    The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river that had formed under the single track railway bridge and were getting stuck. This was my sideways pavement earlier. Lovely oily sheen on the water.

*turkeys may not have been actually in the cars, it's not Christmas after all.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

Same here (watching the biblical thunderstorm, not hoping it stops before I pick up your mini from after school club, because that would be weird and totally inappropriate and illegal).
    It didn't stop, so I drove. On the pure leccy, so no dead seals or dolphins or polar bears.
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

It didn't stop, so I drove. On the pure leccy, so no dead seals or dolphins or polar bears.
    I guess there's no exhaust to submerge and choke the engine, but I wouldn't fancy testing the waterproofing of a car battery pack while inside it.
    hopkinb said:

The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river

Mrs @tlw1 ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb said:

The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river that had formed under the single track railway bridge and were getting stuck. This was my sideways pavement earlier. Lovely oily sheen on the water.

*turkeys may not have been actually in the cars, it's not Christmas after all.

😂
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

I guess there's no exhaust to submerge and choke the engine, but I wouldn't fancy testing the waterproofing of a car battery pack while inside it.
    hopkinb said:

The poliss had to shut my road off because cars with turkeys* in them were trying to ford the river

Mrs @tlw1 ?
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Roast Turkey.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Back to work today, rode in thinking it didn't look too bad this morning and I don't mind getting wet on the way home. That was absolutely biblical, several stretches of road flooded all the way across leaving me riding through standing water in the middle. Thankfully traffic was bad enough nobody could try and pass me, it was kind of fun in a strange way and better than sitting in traffic. Had to tip water out of my shoes when I got home.
  • pinno
    Ah but did you see any Turkey's floating around?
    Some transported in electric cars were cooked apparently.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    No turkeys, last time it rained like this I did see a muppet on an electric scooter. They got to a flooded bit of road, looked at it and then turned roubd to go in the opposite direction. Picking it up and wading would have been better as the detour was about 3 miles.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Is that faked? No tyre smoke?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_

The road surface looks very smooth and shiny?
    Maybe you can drift the roundabout without even trying.
  • MattFalle
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

The road surface looks very smooth and shiny?
    Maybe you can drift the roundabout without even trying.
    tbh, they're all like that at home - everything is baked dry by the heat, city road surfaces are different and I think the street lighting is helping a bit.
  • MattFalle

nah - kosher, innit.