Will Cav make it too Paris?

2»

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333

pblakeney said:

amrushton said:

That team are all in now. Unless he gets sick or injured he's done it before enough times. On stage 19 when Evans won the tour, Cav did AdH in 55 mins. Thats a good time for anyone. Ok few yrs ago but why not. Get him to Paris in green, just that is a fairytale ending. To win there? Legendary. To stand on the podium, in green, look out and say I did it must be the way to bow out. The Gods have smiled on him so far but he is better being Daedalus than Icarus.

After having already done the Télégraphe almost from the gun and the Galibier on that stage, and the Agnel, Izoard and Galibier the day before.
    That's quite the collection of climbs.
    I can't get people's obsession with AdH. Dutch Corner aside all it has going for it is that it is short enough to race up.
    Me neither to be honest... I mean it's a hard climb but there are other hard climbs around there e.g. Granon which is much higher, plus there are too many trees meaning censored views when riding up and too much undergrowth for large things to die in and cause an almighty stink for six hairpins (yes I am still haunted by the smell so rank that I could taste it because there was no way I was able to regulate my breathing by breathing in through my nose).
    I recall the disappointment at the top of the Col du Granon as frankly the cafe wasn't all that.

Then on my way back to Briancon I dropped my chain and gouged one of my chainstays.

Not the best day of cycling I've had.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309

Course he’ll get there.

Honestly.

You guys to know the TV plays up the jeopardy to make it more exciting, right?

I mean, I've got faith he'll make it, but honestly, he looked utterly wrecked yesterday in the post stage interview.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,919

Course he’ll get there.

Honestly.

I mean, I've got faith he'll make it, but honestly, he looked utterly wrecked yesterday in the post stage interview.
    Kinda of why I was wondering what others thought. Except without the faith unfortunately.

Would be ecstatic to be wrong though :)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812

Course he’ll get there.

Honestly.

Yet, despite today's crazy opening hour and a half over tough terrain, he's still in the peloton.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    I think he will make it to Paris and I half expect him to win there. He is a most impressive athlete and a driven man.
    Some of his stage wins have been extraordinary, even seen only on TV. The only times I've seen him ride past was in hills and he never looked happy.... But in sprints he is/was absolute mustard.

I love cycling, but I accept that it always has been and perhaps always will be a dirty sport. The PED and general doping and blood-doping issues do not deter me at all.

Nonetheless, I find Cav's new lease of life surprising. Perhaps I should say "surprising".

I will always have the highest regard for him as a rider, but like many other heroes of the Tour, his performances sometimes seem slightly too good.

But to answer the question, I suspect he will make it to Paris.... and I suspect he will stay in green.... and I rather hope he wins on the Champs Elysées.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

Course he’ll get there.

Honestly.

Yet, despite today's crazy opening hour and a half over tough terrain, he's still in the peloton.
    There are only four in the autobus and it's a generous limit today.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    debeli said:

I love cycling, but I accept that it always has been and perhaps always will be a dirty sport. The PED and general doping and blood-doping issues do not deter me at all.

Nonetheless, I find Cav's new lease of life surprising. Perhaps I should say "surprising".

I will always have the highest regard for him as a rider, but like many other heroes of the Tour, his performances sometimes seem slightly too good.

eloquently and very well put.

phat hat.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,919
    Delighted to be wrong, barring any incidents, and Cav has made it fairly comfortably after all.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091

Noo

(hope I'm wrong though)

Reverse jinx worked...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    He better not have a unexpected off
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    Love this photo

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Less a bus more a people carrier