wednesday radioactive hybrid pigs in fukushima

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mushy peas, with vinegar. Major Food group. Green, plus brown, plus acidity. Mushy pea deniers are heretics.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited July 2021
    Chuck Norris and Lucy Worsley eat Supernoodles.

so there.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    hopkinb said:

Mushy peas...

Barf....

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I wish you and your wife luck Elbow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,
    Was a bit wound up after a row with the EPO over nothing. Jumped on the shopping hack just to get out the house for a bit. Probably did about 40 miles before I'd calmed down enough not to murderise anyone. Handlebars slipped a bit in the stem making my wrist hurt which is dull. Good news is they both hurt so that must mean the bad one is better.
    Thanks to Elbow for a bit of perspective, I'd be happier if it hadn't been case though. That all sounds absolutely dreadful, hope everything turns out ok and they get to the bottom of whatever it is soon.

40 miles on a shopping bike? The murder option might have been better.
    The roadie that tucked in behind me along Millbank for a tow into the headwind after I passed him should hang his head in shame 😂
    More an old style gents town bike, but I do the shopping on it.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,312
    Bl00dy hell Elbow. Hope things improve.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Nothing useful to add elbow - really hope they pull their fingers out and get it bloodysorted now. Fingers crossed for you both
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Mushy peas...

Barf....

British dhal.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Mushy peas...

Barf....

Balls. Great with fish.

Thoughts with you elbow
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Mushy peas...

Barf....

Balls. Great with fish.
    ?

Not another dodgy Polish concoction.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    oxoman said:

Southern style mushy pea battered balls in sunny Southampton a few years ago, will never be repeated. dry and just brown foul yuk. Normal non watered down mushy peas great.

It's a Northern thing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    You can buy good ones in tins.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Harry Ramsdens are quite good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Them's the ones.

This game is somewhat less than 3rd rate cf last night..
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2021
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Them's the ones.

Apart from the fact that the tins don't have a 'kin ring pull. But I'm being fussy now.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Then a Ventoux catch up before Come On Denmark. #ABE

Well jinxed. Can you lend your support to Italy on Sunday ;)
  • hopkinb
    edited July 2021
    oxoman said:

Get in there, what a result. Just the final now.

Lucky penalty. Gulf in quality in the final, but home advantage. Nice final 5 to 10 though to close out the game tonight.

England fans can be proud.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Them's the ones.

Boo, have an alcoholic drink and get in the spirit.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Lucky penalty. Gulf in quality in the final, but home advantage. Nice final 5 to 10 though to close out the game tonight.

Grrrrrrr
  • hopkinb
    edited July 2021
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr
    But I didn't care one way or the other. I'm pleased for England fans, part time or otherwise. Last night I wanted Italy to win. I've loved Italy since 1982. Like people from Surrey support Manchester Utd or Chelsea. Or how many people of my age support Liverpool, despite never having been there.

My team is Coventry, but internationals, Italy.

It's a game. :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Then a Ventoux catch up before Come On Denmark. #ABE

Well jinxed. Can you lend your support to Italy on Sunday ;)
    So it looks like I can't lose for the final, I cgaf for either 😂
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr
    But I didn't care one way or the other. I'm pleased for England fans, part time or otherwise. Last night I wanted Italy to win. I've loved Italy since 1982. Like people from Surrey support Manchester Utd or Chelsea. Or how many people of my age support Liverpool, despite never having been there.

Your disdain for “England fans” is palpable hop 😂

The large majority aren’t flag waving yobbish racists. I like to see England doing well in the same way I like to see the Brits do well at Wimbledon or the Olympics.

You do realise “Italy fans” aren’t less likely to be yobbish racists 😉
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr

The large majority aren’t flag waving yobbish racists. I like to see England doing well in the same way I like to see the Brits do well at Wimbledon or the Olympics.

Seano, if you ride down Hoppy's Road, his house will be easy to spot as he'll have a big Italian flag hanging out of his bedroom window :)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr

Seano, if you ride down Hoppy's Road, his house will be easy to spot as he'll have a big Italian flag hanging out of his bedroom window :)
    And I should lob a pizza at said window? Gotcha 👍
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr

Ah man, I didn't mean it like that! Most people I know are England fans to some degree or another, and I don't know any yobbish racists, at least if they are, they keep it quiet.

I just don't "support" England at football, never have, never will, that's all, doesn't stop me being pleased for those that do - it's a massive thing to reach a major final.

The Italian fans can be amongst the worst hooligans in the world, racist as hell too. I "support" Italy in international competitions because they caught my imagination when I was a 9 year old, and neither my mum, nor dad gave a sh!t about sport (to the extent that when I represented my county at rugby at U18 level, they couldn't be bothered to come...), so there was no influence there.

It really is as simple as that - I'm not that bothered about football, and I'm not partisan on the basis of where I was born. Plenty of others are, and it gives them a lot of pleasure, and that's brilliant.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr

Ah man, I didn't mean it like that! Most people I know are England fans to some degree or another, and I don't know any yobbish racists, at least if they are, they keep it quiet.

I just don't "support" England at football, never have, never will, that's all, doesn't stop me being pleased for those that do - it's a massive thing to reach a major final.

The Italian fans can be amongst the worst hooligans in the world, racist as hell too. I "support" Italy in international competitions because they caught my imagination when I was a 9 year old, and neither my mum, nor dad gave a sh!t about sport (to the extent that when I represented my county at rugby at U18 level, they couldn't be bothered to come...), so there was no influence there.

It really is as simple as that - I'm not that bothered about football, and I'm not partisan on the basis of where I was born. Plenty of others are, and it gives them a lot of pleasure, and that's brilliant.
    H3 is an honorary Italian in my eyes and I'll shout insults you won't understand at anyone who says otherwise.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr
    lucky?

dive followed by scuffed kick and 'keeper fumble.

wasn't exactly Jorginho was he?
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr

Also, subjectively, that was never a penalty, and Kane was fcuking lucky that Schmeichel ballsed up the save of his pretty lame effort! ;)

But, the unarguable rule in respect of all sports results is, "look in the book"! :)
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr
    lucky?

How about some classic Italian music to convert us all to the wonders of Italy?

https://youtu.be/sFacWGBJ_cs
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Grrrrrrr
    lucky?

How about some classic Italian music to convert us all to the wonders of Italy?

https://youtu.be/sFacWGBJ_cs
    You're on shaky ground there Stevo - for every Joe Dolce (who is American anyway...), there's a Verdi, or a Rossini, Puccini, Vivaldi. :)