TDF 2021: Stage 8, Oyonnax > Le Grand-Bornand 150.8 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    edited July 2021
    jimmyjams said:

The truck is stuck on the Côte de Mont Saxonnex, and not on the Col de la Grand Colombière. The Côte road turns off to the south about 5 kms west of the Romme (3kms west of the very foot of the Colombiere)

For those who don't know the geography, does that mean the route is clear?

Edit aha - ddraver's reposted tweet makes all clear
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    RichN95. said:

It looks like it belongs to the company that hands out free sausages in the publicity caravan

Yes, it's the Cochonooooouuuu livery.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    It's on a earlier climb not far away km102
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    Presumably there will be a load of fans up that climb who are going to have a long wait for the race to arrive!
  • mididoctors
    So we lose a climb?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Pogacar's tendency to fixate on one rival might cause him problems.
  • mididoctors
    Nothing on race radio
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513

Who do you see as his rivals?
  • Nearly 10 minutes to the Thomas group and we're not even on the big climbs.
  • mididoctors

You raise a valid point
  • TheBigBean
    My man for the day, Dan Martin, has been dropped already. Disappointing.
  • mididoctors
    WvA
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Phew
  • mididoctors
    Who hasn't attacked?
  • mididoctors
    Porte sliding off the front
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879

Bernal
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    Let this break go ...
  • Have we finally got a group forming?
  • TheBigBean

Bernal
    He's too busy sparring with Bernal's back.
  • mididoctors
    Movistar in group another team that won't chase
  • ddraver
    Aww, we're getting into the region I used to live & work before that right was stripped away from me cos brown people 😥
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Waste all his effort chasing down WVA and he might find some
  • mididoctors
    ddraver said:

Aww, we're getting into the region I used to live & work before that right was stripped away from me cos brown people 😥

It's ridiculous isn't it .
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    What’s the sitch?
  • mididoctors
    I can't keep track
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Just turned on the coverage and...

COWS!!!!!!!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    edited July 2021

What’s the sitch?

Not sure anyone knows for sure...

4 off the front of a break, who are a bit further in front of the Peloton.

A string of broken spirits then follow after
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2021

What’s the sitch?

Probably best summed up by the fact they've run out of motos to cover everything.
  • mididoctors

What’s the sitch?

Race settling down now after 70 k roglic Thomas dropped ... Riders spread every where ... WvA looks STRONG in the pogacar group MvdP hanging on looks a bit smashed