London drinks, 14th July

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

I’ve got my jab on the 14th you bunch of b&stards.

So do I. Bit behind schedule.
    Don’t be late.
    Already deferred once, as was the day OH was due out of hospital and I wanted to be sure I was not dying of side effects.

Means I will likely now have Pfizer instead of Astra Zeneca as the recommended age range changed in interim.
    I meant to London drinks 😂
    Other than the fact it will be about 4am for me when you’re all at the pub, I’d happily join via interwebz…

It's probably worth setting your alarm for. Even if it's just to see Seano coming round from his general anaesthetic.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Don’t be late.
    Already deferred once, as was the day OH was due out of hospital and I wanted to be sure I was not dying of side effects.

Means I will likely now have Pfizer instead of Astra Zeneca as the recommended age range changed in interim.
    So you coming along then Seano?
    If I can’t think of an excuse. Can we twist the arms of some others.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,736
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Don’t be late.

So far we've got 5 takers if you rock up as well. Thought you'd want to show off your uber cool M65 jacket?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    From the pics in the daily thread, you should organise an arm-wrestling competition at drinks.

Weakest Link Wins.

😄
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Don’t be late.

So far we've got 5 takers if you rock up as well. Thought you'd want to show off your uber cool M65 jacket?
    Don’t play me Stevo!

And yes it is cool.

I have an Elvis Costume I could wear.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Wish we could still visit random branches as I’m sure the one near v68 could do with a visit
  • Stevo_666

From the pics in the daily thread, you should organise an arm-wrestling competition at drinks.

Weakest Link Wins.

😄

I can only imagine that some people have done a lot of tugging to get forearms like that :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Ha the Morpeth arms still send me emails offers for free drinks, I guess after all those years of SCR events they miss us
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    I did think about the Morpeth, but if trying to coax Ben from the frozen wastelands of the north and Stevo to the East, nearer Waterloo might be better
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    You have bikes Morpeth is 5-10 mins max try being 15 miles from the nearest shop
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Stevo_666
    OK Gents, here's the plan: we'll meet at The Understudy, next to the National Theatre on Upper Ground SE1 9PX. 6:30 kick off. In case of crappy weather I have a back up option near Waterloo Station.
  • Ben6899
    edited July 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

OK Gents, here's the plan: we'll meet at The Understudy, next to the National Theatre on Upper Ground SE1 9PX. 6:30 kick off. In case of crappy weather I have a back up option near Waterloo Station.

Have you seen the Google Maps image for The Understudy? :lol:

https://goo.gl/maps/X1gHGBpZ3zwc2nCL9
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • veronese68
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

:D Maybe that was last night, forecast for Wednesday is alright at the moment. But this is England...
  • seanoconn
    I’m in! This may mean everyone else is out 😂 I can drink on my own at a nearby table if necessary 👍
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Call yourself a Northerner? :) Forecast is OK but just in case I've got a back up venue by Waterloo station.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

I’m in! This may mean everyone else is out 😂 I can drink on my own at a nearby table if necessary 👍

So if we see a Travis Bickle lookalike wandering around we all hide :smiley: I'm easy to spot, just look for my avatar...
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

So if we see a Travis Bickle lookalike wandering around we all hide :smiley: I'm easy to spot, just look for my avatar...
    Doesn't Seano look like this

Whereas I obviously look like this

• veronese68
    Actually, shame I haven't got one of these

• Ben6899

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Doesn't Seano look like this

Whereas I obviously look like this

Ben

• Stevo_666

Go into town wearing that. What's the worst that could happen? o:)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Go into town wearing that. What's the worst that could happen? o:)
    Separate table for V68 it is 👍
  • seanoconn
    Did you reserve a table Stevo?
  • veronese68
    Just had a call from the hospital, they had a cancellation so I've got a head scan at 8am on Thursday morning. That'll be fun with a hangover :D
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Nope. Min of 6 needed to reserve.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Invite the MFs?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Do you need proof to reserve a table for 6?
  • seanoconn

Just had a call from the hospital, they had a cancellation so I've got a head scan at 8am on Thursday morning. That'll be fun with a hangover :D

That might explain the headaches.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

That might explain the headaches.
    Bizarrely headache is no worse the morning after if I keep it to about 5 pints, more than that and i feel it.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Do you need proof to reserve a table for 6?
    I get it, you're getting old and you can't stand for long...I'll give them a call and see - email said replies within 48 hours which is bleedin useless.
  • Stevo_666
    Just called - they said you can't reserve in advance but should be no problem getting a table at 6:30, so first one to rock up bags a table and then we can play 'spot the tw@t' as people arrive :)