wednesday gonna get out of this void

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    TL:DR life is crap but at least I get paid I guess
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    JG

Yes, sometimes, but you can deffo be overqualified.

What's occurin' bud?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    johngti said:

johngti said:

Is experience seen as a disadvantage in any other jobs?

For context, here there seems to be a sweet spot in terms of years on the job. 3-7 years, ideal. Invited to take part in working groups, fast track to leadership, voice listened to. 8-15 years - on SLT, lots of interesting responsibilities, well-respected. Me - joined the school with 24 years under my belt. Absolutely sidelined in every respect. Now on 30 years teaching, it’s like everyone’s just waiting for me to fade away. Whythefuckdoibother
    Annoy them by not fading away and threaten to play the age discrimination card if anyone so much as hints that you might want to retire or leave.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Had my second jab earlier. Didn't hurt and no reaction whatsoever this time.

Felt a bit under the weather for the first in the evening, so wait and see time.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited June 2021
    johngti said:

Only by idiot insecure managers? Or if you're hiring for a junior post I suppose. If I want someone to be a spreadsheet jockey, I'm not going to employ someone with 30 years experience as a CFO. I would probably hire someone with 30 years of spreadsheet jockeying under their belt though...

I want to be surrounded by bright, qualified, experienced people (or junior people learning the job), curious people, who challenge everything, who are interested in why we do things, not just how we do things, and for whom we do things, and to adjust their approach and response based on the audience. People who understand what the company does, and care, and can demonstrate that they care. People who are also not d!cks, to anyone, not the cleaner, not the post room guy, not the receptionist, or the new junior in the accounting department.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    hopkinb said:

johngti said:

Only by idiot insecure managers? Or if you're hiring for a junior post I suppose. If I want someone to be a spreadsheet jockey, I'm not going to employ someone with 30 years experience as a CFO. I would probably hire someone with 30 years of spreadsheet jockeying under their belt though...

I want to be surrounded by bright, qualified, experienced people (or junior people learning the job), curious people, who challenge everything, who are interested in why we do things, not just how we do things, and for whom we do things, and to adjust their approach and response based on the audience. People who understand what the company does, and care, and can demonstrate that they care. People who are also not d!cks, to anyone, not the cleaner, not the post room guy, not the receptionist, or the new junior in the accounting department.
    You are Ricky Gervais and ICMFP
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

johngti said:

You are Ricky Gervais and ICMFP
    Send me a stamped addressed envelope...

• hopkinb
    I meant the first paragraph though.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Just disgruntled. Unvalued. Midlifecrisisshitinnit
  • hopkinb
    Tlw's morning pic in negative. Lovely moon.

• hopkinb
    Of course more urban garden shyyte in the way...
  • hopkinb
    edited June 2021
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Saw it written and I saw it say...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    hopkinb said:

👍
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

let me get into work tomoz and we can discuss this further.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

A whole row of loft conversions.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    hopkinb said:

SAT IN MY BOX ROOM SINCE 8 LOOKING AT THE SUN OUTSIDE, EVEN HAD TO GET LUNCH DELIVERED, JUST DOWNING A CAN OF LAGER BEFORE MY LAST MEETING from 5-6, OR I'M A GONNA KILL ME SOMEONE.

Some really interesting stuff we are doing in the energy transition, de-carbonisation and agri-science/tech industries and our business model has been changing, and is now accelerating from a trad Japanese trading company to a giant "socially and environmentally conscious" investment fund (or at least as much as a group that employs 70,000 people worldwide can be), but I'm either going to have to outsource/robotify grunt compliance work, or get a super junior minion. My latest hire was hired as our junior, and he is only 27, but he's really good, so good that when I was at lunch with PWC last week, my main contact said (only half jokingly) that he would be approaching him with an offer (after just a couple of calls they've been on together).

So much interesting work, but I am sooooo lazy, I want someone else to refine my high level thoughts into detailed, cross referenced analysis, then for me to present it and take the credit? Any introverted tax workaholics who are satisfied with a Magnum Classic on a hot day, the occasional chicken katsu, and a perfunctory "nice work" and a friendly tousling of the hair from time to time?

Wot?! ^
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
  • pinno
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:
    That'll be him. The Warwickshire Warbler. Some lovely haunting folky music if you like that kind of thing, as I do from time to time.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

A whole row of loft conversions.
    Don't forget the rear extensions...
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:
    That'll be him. The Warwickshire Warbler. Some lovely haunting folky music if you like that kind of thing, as I do from time to time.
    Nah, not really.

...and the Folks that go to the Folk, well, they're just a bit odd.
    Attended a few gigs at the annual Cheltenham Folk festival and it never really did much to my innards.
    Went to many a Jazz gig - Hereford Jazz festival(?) and filmed many a Jazz gig on behalf of the proprietor of Vintage strings, Cheltenham.
    But I hate modern Jazz, pre '52 is my thing from Louis to Django.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
    Or, more likely, do the British thing of having a little moan about it then burying negative stuff so that it continues to bug me for the next few years, while keeping up appearances, before dying of a heart attack or stroke in a few year’s time.
  • pinno
    ...and the say cyclists are Luddites?!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
    Or, more likely, do the British thing of having a little moan about it then burying negative stuff so that it continues to bug me for the next few years, while keeping up appearances, before dying of a heart attack or stroke in a few year’s time.
    Don’t have a stroke at school - I believe that’s not the done thing anymore
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
    this! this! this!

be like MF - bottle up years and years of stuff that you should have had counselled out years ago then wonder why you're so messed up.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
    i thought you weren't talking to us?
  • pinno
    I'm not talking to you, i'm telling Gti to talk to you, so there.
    Given you're more messed up than I am, it could be interesting.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
    this! this! this!

be like MF - bottle up years and years of stuff that you should have had counselled out years ago then wonder why you're so messed up.
    Hey, it’s the bottled up stuff that’s made you the man we know and love today 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

JG

What's occurin' bud?

Yes, tell aunty MF.
    this! this! this!

Hey, it’s the bottled up stuff that’s made you the man we know and love today 👍
    you da best - grazie!