saturday enjoying the aesthetic effect as photons scatter elastically

2»

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659

Outlaw tomorrow! Just chilling in the hotel bar with a glass of red, bed soon for a 3am alarm call

With that much opposition, you might just make the podium…
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    edited June 2021

Hospitals are full of sick people, when I was on chemo they tried to keep me in a few times if my numbers looked bad. I'd take them to the window and point to where I lived saying if there was a problem I could get back easily enough, the last place I wanted to be with no immune system was in a hospital.
    That plus all the sick folks moaning and groaning all night long. Dreadful places, get him home quick. Then the dog will realise you are the one feeding and walking him so you'll be his favourite.

I had my own room :) with a positive ventilation system. It used to wail all through the night.
    Generally 3 - 4 weeks neutropenic after the chemo cycle spent in that room. (I had 4 cycles; 2 x 7 days of 12 hours on and 12 hours off and 2 times 5 days of 12 hours on and 12 hours off. Fun, wasn't it?
    I had a lovely view of the marvellous, scenic East Acton and the rustic Wormwood scrubs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

Hospitals are full of sick people, when I was on chemo they tried to keep me in a few times if my numbers looked bad. I'd take them to the window and point to where I lived saying if there was a problem I could get back easily enough, the last place I wanted to be with no immune system was in a hospital.
    That plus all the sick folks moaning and groaning all night long. Dreadful places, get him home quick. Then the dog will realise you are the one feeding and walking him so you'll be his favourite.

I had my own room :) with a positive ventilation system. It used to wail all through the night.
    Generally 3 - 4 weeks neutropenic after the chemo cycle spent in that room. (I had 4 cycles; 2 x 7 days of 12 hours on and 12 hours off and 2 times 5 days of 12 hours on and 12 hours off. Fun, wasn't it?
    I had a lovely view of the marvellous, scenic East Acton and the rustic Wormwood scrubs.
    Ash, the Hammersmith hospital. Why the fecking hell isn't it in Hammersmith? I went there for some PET scans but thankfully not for treatment as it was a right pain to get to. I could almost see my house from the chemo room at Kingston. Luckily mine was in for a day every fortnight, I'd be completely banjaxed for a few days and would gradually recover and then they'd do it again. Each time it would knock me further and take longer to recover. The last few doses they had to turn it down as I was so cattled. But it worked and we are still here, so it could certainly have been worse.
    But anyway, why is the Charing Cross hospital in Hammersmith where the Hammersmith should be?