saturday enjoying the aesthetic effect as photons scatter elastically

'ning

ride, perhaps far, cafes and basking for sure
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Hounds walked, porridge slowly cooking in the bottom oven and getting ready for a run.

Later is a few jobs, probably wood related then over to some friends for dinner.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Bit quiet in here unless I've accidentally got up way too early. More sorting and transporting to tip/charity shop etc. Found my old Sega Megadrive in the loft yesterday, so may have a go on the Sonic the Hedgehog and Ayrton Senna's Monaco GP games for a bit of a laugh - if it still works. Mrs. 666 will no doubt disapprove which is tough really :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Slow start today as day of shift to ensure OH gets stabbed again. Shopping etc later and not lot else. Stevo your sega is probably worth a few squid to retro gamers. Hopefully sky will brighten up a bit as very John Majorish.

You're right there Oxo, the going rate on Fleabay seems to be around the £50 mark.

Better check it works before I decide...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    You'll get quickly fed up of the graphics compared to modern equivalents. Shorty loves Sonic and on that disc (PS3), you cab select the Sega retro version and it's so pixilated.

Dull if a little muggy. Must sort the toots and get them out the door.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

You'll get quickly fed up of the graphics compared to modern equivalents. Shorty loves Sonic and on that disc (PS3), you cab select the Sega retro version and it's so pixilated.

Dull if a little muggy. Must sort the toots and get them out the door.

Those mini megadive and mini SNES that came out a couple of years back, both preloaded with loads of old favourites sold like hot cakes, they were being sold for double the price on resale sites.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Bit of pottering to be done. Need to go by the old dear's and check things out as she is back tomorrow. Grey and gloomy out there.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    3rd pure Colombian on the go, still feeling shattered. That was a long and 2nd half unpleasant drive yesterday. Out of the habit. Early up to return the hire car. Loads of stuff to sort out post holiday break, cannot be arrised. New wheels are here (left in 'safe place' i.e. behind the truck and retrieved by daughter) so fettling to come, once the energy levels rise a bit.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Stevo_666 said:

Bit quiet in here unless I've accidentally got up way too early. More sorting and transporting to tip/charity shop etc. Found my old Sega Megadrive in the loft yesterday, so may have a go on the Sonic the Hedgehog and Ayrton Senna's Monaco GP games for a bit of a laugh - if it still works. Mrs. 666 will no doubt disapprove which is tough really :)

Sega Megadive! 😃 Blow on the cartridges and they’ll work 👍😂 I had Sonic and streetfighter, think I was Sh!t at both 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Coffee coffee', Zwift zwifted, weights weighted, NCIS and fishing programme watched.

18th wedding anniversary today. well that was a fuckingdisappointment.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    Day without kids, waiting for the last moaning b@gger to go. Takeaway, cocktails and general debauchery on the menu hopefully.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sega Megadive! 😃 Blow on the cartridges and they’ll work 👍😂 I had Sonic and streetfighter, think I was Sh!t at both 😕
    It was ace wasn't it. I got quite good at Sonic in the day before I met Mrs. 666. My favourite game was road rash, which was a motorbike race combined with gratuitous violence. You could give the other riders a sideways karate kick and whack them with a stick or a chain as you rode past :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

It was ace wasn't it. I got quite good at Sonic in the day before I met Mrs. 666. My favourite game was road rash, which was a motorbike race combined with gratuitous violence. You could give the other riders a sideways karate kick and whack them with a stick or a chain as you rode past :)
    Good training for cycling in London
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Another day visiting the horse-piddle. Had to scour the local chemist shops to find some pirate-style eyepatches as OH has quite severe double vision and the patch helps.

Fetching look indeed.

The dog is driving me bonkers fretting about the missing Chosen One from the household.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I can still remember the timer running out loudly as poor sonic drowned, traumatic 😔
  • veronese68
    I'm sure you won't be doing pirate impressions around the other half Spinner
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561

I'm sure you won't be doing pirate impressions around the other half Spinner

Nah, won't risk it.

Does anyone ever really get well in hospital? I mean, they patch you up, maybe stop you from actual death, but once that's done you're much better off outta there as fast as possible. The beds are uncomfortable, the nutrition is dreadful, the air-con is relentless, even the decor is designed to bore you to death with beige/grey blah.

Can't wait to get him home and properly fed and rested.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Hospitals are full of sick people, when I was on chemo they tried to keep me in a few times if my numbers looked bad. I'd take them to the window and point to where I lived saying if there was a problem I could get back easily enough, the last place I wanted to be with no immune system was in a hospital.
    That plus all the sick folks moaning and groaning all night long. Dreadful places, get him home quick. Then the dog will realise you are the one feeding and walking him so you'll be his favourite.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fcuking spent most of the day putting Mrs H³'s latest folly up. A pricey gazebo/sunshade to cover the pricey garden furniture. It's a bit too big for the postage stamp [TM Pinno] tbh. It has solar powered led lights, and you can slide the roof panels about. It's only really shower-proof, so as we don't live in Spain, it's not really a daily use item.

Waste of money. Not my money though.

Feels like the underfloor heating is on, so it must be cold.

• MattFalle
    He'll also have the relaxing effect of being in his own bed, with his own stuff in his own place.

you'll be more relaxed, he won't feel guilty about you rushing around and, most importantly, you can hang out together and do shitthat you enjoy doing together.

That and the dog. And your bikes are there. And your wine.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

He'll also have the relaxing effect of being in his own bed, with his own stuff in his own place.

you'll be more relaxed, he won't feel guilty about you rushing around and, most importantly, you can hang out together and do shitthat you enjoy doing together.

That and the dog. And your bikes are there. And your wine.

What he said.

Hope you get him back home soon 'spinner.
  • veronese68
    Went to turn the heating on at the old dear's it's so f'ing cold. She likes to be warm and it's 35 degrees in Verona so she'll be in for shock when she gets back.
    Unfortunately boiler was off as the RCD for the kitchen had tripped. Couldn't find any wrong and it didn't trip again so hopefully alright. Back to check in the morning.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007

Outlaw tomorrow! Just chilling in the hotel bar with a glass of red, bed soon for a 3am alarm call
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    errr, i don't want to be the person to say it, but is the rear wheel meant to be like that?
  • homers_double
    What, up in the air?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    no, the
  • homers_double
    The what?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Good luck HD. 3am?!? Just stay in the hotel bar and head straight out from there. What could possibly go wrong?
  • MattFalle

The what?

soz - bad 'net cutting signal in an
  • MattFalle
    d out. rear triangle - the
  • veronese68
    Certainly looks like the best bike there at any rate.