Pedal Mafia cycling kit - anyone have experience of it? (Featuring Harrison Ford)

13»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689

Slightly off topic, but for all those (tightly) complaining about silly and increasing prices Galibier sell sensibly priced, top quality merch which looks really good (imo). Might not be exclusive enough for some tho...

What's their sizing like?

The problem I have with a lot of brands is they're made for bigger people and so even the XS flaps in the wind - no such problem with some of the Italian makes
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    edited June 2021
    Mr b campag - agreed they do some very decent kit, though sizing can be a bit variable between items, although they do normally mention this on the individual items web pages, and are good at getting back to you if you have sizing queries.

I bought a jersey from them for my partner, and that was good quality, and washes really well, never owned a jersey or top myself though, so can't comment on top half sizing.

I have a couple of pairs of bib shorts, one was size small and is relegated to turbo duty now, some of the stitching starting to come out, pad is decent though, but was made with that shinyish material that I'm not really a fan of.

The above shorts I would say fit wise are on a par with Castelli, as I wear small bibs/tights with them as well.

I bought a 2nd pair of shorts from Galibier, and IIRC they e-mailed me and suggested I went medium instead of small, as they were a race fit, I thought it would be fine though, but was majorly wrong, so had to swap for the medium - these were tight, but I could get them on - bear in mind that I can fit into Endura and some Rapha shorts in XS, that tells you quite how small these were!
    These specific shorts are excellent material and pad quality.

So pay close attention to the individual sizing suggestions, and contact them if in any doubt.

Also have some overshoes which are excellent quality.

The only item I was not impressed with was some mitts - the fit hand size was fine, and I have small hands, but it cut in inbetween my fingers, so was just not comfortable.

*Neither of the shorts I own are made anymore it would seem.

These bad boys come in all the usual sizes, plus 3 different leg lengths which is brilliant: https://galibier.cc/product/peloton-bib-shorts/
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    edited June 2021
    Order placed direct with PM Wednesday at 21:00, despatched on Friday - updated the delivery options with DHL to deliver to a local Robery Dyas in town, and had confirmation.

Parcel made it to Singapore, then Germany, before reaching Heathrow in the early hours today.
    Out for delivery this morning, and then a little confused when I had a message to say it had been delivered, and 'left on doorstep'.....

Returned home, to find the request to deliver to a collection point had clearly been ignored, and they had managed to fit it through the letterbox.

sigh.

Opened parcel, firstly no notifications on it or via e-mail of any fees of any description to pay, which I found surprising, but I know sometimes they come further down the line.

Two items as ordered, right colour and right sizing - parcels very reminiscent of Rapha, black understated affairs, with a slide lock thingy to open.

Both items folded up uber neatly inside.

They certainly exude quality as soon as you get your hands on them in my humble opinion. The jersey is made of a material combination I'm not sure I have come across before, but it feels really good in the hand, has plenty of stretch, and I'm delighted to say fits really well - I just need to work on reducing my tum somewhat :#
    Sleeves are aerotastic and have really grippy bits towards the end of the sleeves, but not so grippy it prevents you from putting it on, so in fact it fitted just right if I basically ignored them, and let them resist the sleeve as I put it on, which meant they ended up being in exactly the right place.

Likewise the gilet, or vest as they like to call it - race fit, marginally bigger than the jersey exactly as the size guides indicated - pockets at the back, just really good quality.

One thing I will say, is that I don't think the PMCC jersey is for the rider with the longer torso, they are fairly short length wise, so for once my stumpy torso pays dividends.

Not worn them yet of course, so will try and remember to update when I do with feedback.

So far, impressed with the communication direct, sizing guides, and the quality of the items.
    Assuming they perform as well as they feel, then I may be tempted by some more items in the future.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18