friday setting up violent structure

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

you do realise you've moved into the birth town of Nigel Farage, the lord of the racist imbeciles?

Why do you think he went for it? 😂
    Did I ever mention a chap I know grew up as family friends of the Farages? He decked an extremely irritating 15 year old called Nigel because "he was an irritating tw@ even then"
    Must dust off the flat cap and the barbour jacket :)
    Sorry, but even you don't look like enough of a w⚓ to carry it off 😂
    Really need to get to a pub to take the mick in person
    I'll take that as a compliment :)

Up for a pub trip. Just need to organise a date, a venue and the usual suspects plus maybe a few surprise guests?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

you do realise you've moved into the birth town of Nigel Farage, the lord of the racist imbeciles?

Did I ever mention a chap I know grew up as family friends of the Farages? He decked an extremely irritating 15 year old called Nigel because "he was an irritating tw@ even then"

Up for a pub trip. Just need to organise a date, a venue and the usual suspects plus maybe a few surprise guests?
    Taken in the spirit intended then, although it's not much of a compliment.
    We probably should do something about a drink then.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    MattFalle said:

Its actually traditional to have a bonfire of old tyres when you move into a new house - meant to exorcise evil spirits and bring good luck.

friggin' sweet crib though.

More opportunities to run him over in a Panzer wagon - wouldn't that be apt?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Taken in the spirit intended then, although it's not much of a compliment.
    We probably should do something about a drink then.
    Sounds like a plan. Will drop a line after my weekend Liverpool trip (Scouse equivalent of 'Army of the Dead')
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Out for dinner for the boy's 16th. Plus d'huîtres, avec une verre de bourgogne aligoté. Also salmon ceviche, asperges, rillettes de canard, burrata with broad bean puree with a glass of morgon and then some iberico presa, washed down with a nicely mature lalande de pomerol. Then the boy and Mrs H³ had some pudding.
  • veronese68
    Just looking at faecesbook and a plug for a wheel company came up. Various BS posts that looked like they'd been written by the marketing department. Response to one of them was that the wheels will get faster with every ride. Wtf?
  • pinno

Just looking at faecesbook and a plug for a wheel company came up. Various BS posts that looked like they'd been written by the marketing department. Response to one of them was that the wheels will get faster with every ride. Wtf?

Given a link to a 'really cool Porsche 964 revamp'.
    Shall I message back saying: "They fcuked a really nice Turbo up"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpM6CvbQHq4
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

That's a fair response, not particularly well put together looking at how they cut the wings for the flared arches. Awful video, but this place belongs to one of my old customers, build some really nice old Porkers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfX75Oh6ZI
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562

elbowloh said:

Good morning all. Run out of coffee..... had to make do with tea.
    Back to the office this morning but first awaiting my wife's birthday present to arrive from shark.

a severed limb?
    Happy birthday wifey. It was either this or a necklace. Hope she likes it.

I’d a mate who bought his Mum a new impact wrench for Mothers Day. He just happened to be restoring an old Jag at the time. Came in handy, and still worked after she threw it at him.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yay, we just got a deal agreed on the house we want to buy. The sellers aren't in a chain as they have a place they can move to, and our buyers are cash buyers so thunderbirds are go B) That's improved a soggy Friday for me.

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?
    Cheers - here's a little taster for the MF's. No shots of the loft for you sadly.

The clincher for me was the uplift facility you can see on the right of the first pic :p
    Looks decent. I’m often intrigued by the design choices people make. Your kitchen looks nice, but seriously - WTF is that great big clock right above the stove top all about? And bare brickwork for a splashback behind it? That’ll be easy to clean…. Weird dining chair selection too.

And the bedroom thing with en-suite - there’s a bl00dy great archway that appears to have no door, and the loo in direct line of sight from the bed? Eeek!

No under-cover parking?

Nice veggie patch at the back though. 😀.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yay, we just got a deal agreed on the house we want to buy. The sellers aren't in a chain as they have a place they can move to, and our buyers are cash buyers so thunderbirds are go B) That's improved a soggy Friday for me.

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?
    Cheers - here's a little taster for the MF's. No shots of the loft for you sadly.

The clincher for me was the uplift facility you can see on the right of the first pic :p
    Looks decent. I’m often intrigued by the design choices people make. Your kitchen looks nice, but seriously - WTF is that great big clock right above the stove top all about? And bare brickwork for a splashback behind it? That’ll be easy to clean…. Weird dining chair selection too.

And the bedroom thing with en-suite - there’s a bl00dy great archway that appears to have no door, and the loo in direct line of sight from the bed? Eeek!

No under-cover parking?

Thanks WS, good spots. Overall though we love it (part of the attraction is the slight quirkiness) and nothing else came close, apart from one which was miles away from anything.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    oxoman said:

Very nice Stevo, daren't show my OH otherwise I'll be working till I'm a 101 and getting a mortgage again. Looks like you'll need a garage building for vehicle and bike fettling though.

Thanks Oxo, no early retirement for me...and yep, a car port might be in order, but a shed upgrade at the back is definitely on the list - plenty of room for that.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

No under-cover parking?

Thanks WS, good spots. Overall though we love it (part of the attraction is the slight quirkiness) and nothing else came close, apart from one which was miles away from anything.
    The decor and some of the fixtures are a real hotch potch. It really isn't my cup of tea.
    I know that goes against the grain and no doubt there will be people jumping up and down a bit at that.
    However, a) it probably looks different in reality and b) my personal view is irrelevant - it's what Stevo likes and I hope he is very happy there for many many years to come.
  • pinno

pinno said:

That's a fair response, not particularly well put together looking at how they cut the wings for the flared arches. Awful video, but this place belongs to one of my old customers, build some really nice old Porkers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfX75Oh6ZI
    That fits my semi purist attitude towards restorations: you either track it fully* or restore it to close to original condition.
    It's so hard to find well restored, unbastardised classics.

*Track the less rare things, please stop tracking the dwindling stocks of unmodded classics.

Best place to own an old Porker is the US.
    I have a friend called Ian Riley of 944 Online - British indy who set up there years ago.
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

No under-cover parking?

The decor and some of the fixtures are a real hotch potch. It really isn't my cup of tea.
    I know that goes against the grain and no doubt there will be people jumping up and down a bit at that.
    However, a) it probably looks different in reality and b) my personal view is irrelevant - it's what Stevo likes and I hope he is very happy there for many many years to come.
    Yeah but decor and fittings is an easy fix. It's always tough to visualise a place without all the owner's furnishings in it, and just look at the spaces, layout and functionality instead. On that basis it looks pretty liveable indeed.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    well MF thinks that kitchen is blimmin' lovely and will fight anyone who says different.

so there.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

No under-cover parking?

Decor and fixtures can be changed!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

No under-cover parking?

Yeah but decor and fittings is an easy fix. It's always tough to visualise a place without all the owner's furnishings in it, and just look at the spaces, layout and functionality instead. On that basis it looks pretty liveable indeed.

You are coming with me by the way next time I’m looking to move 👍 I need your keen eye.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    If you want to see the size of a room, look up at the ceiling, uncluttered by furniture.

Learned that from location, location, location.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

No under-cover parking?

Decor and fixtures can be changed!
    This, he hasn't even bought it yet. I suspect Mrs 666 will want to make it her own whatever they buy.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

No under-cover parking?

We both love it but we're probably a bit weird.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

well MF thinks that kitchen is blimmin' lovely and will fight anyone who says different.

so there.

You're definitely getting invited to the house warming.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

so there.

and the tyre bonfire?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

so there.

and the tyre bonfire?
    That'll be next door.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

so there.

Me too. I cycle past those nice houses near Orpington quite often and always wondered what they were like. I’m envious - looks like the bedroom is as big as the entire ground floor footprint of my house!
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

so there.

and the tyre bonfire?
    That'll be next door.
    sweet.

i'll bring a 50 cal so we get fend off any locals complaining about the tyre fire, music and dancing girls.

its gonna be mega, as in Boonen rave partying levels of mega.
  • MattFalle
    which brings me to...

Bernal gets Covid "partying" too much after Giro.

Boonen gets a ban for coke after raving too much.

Today's lot really aren't that cool....
  • pinno
    Paolini.
  • pinno
    But none of them treated for Clap, so all a bit square really.
  • MattFalle
    Gnocchi