friday setting up violent structure

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,543
    edited June 2021
    tlw1 said:

Looks great Stevo

Thanks :) Looks a bit like I imagine your place after you've finished doing it up? We don't have the ability or patience for house renovation projects so this one fitted the bill very nicely.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited June 2021
    Yeah looks great!

As well as the pillbox machine gun post, you could turn those steps into a draw bridge and have a little fortress.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yay, we just got a deal agreed on the house we want to buy. The sellers aren't in a chain as they have a place they can move to, and our buyers are cash buyers so thunderbirds are go B) That's improved a soggy Friday for me.

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?
    Cheers - here's a little taster for the MF's. No shots of the loft for you sadly.

The clincher for me was the uplift facility you can see on the right of the first pic :p
    Looks lovely! Kent or Surrey?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Stevo_666 said:

The clincher for me was the uplift facility you can see on the right of the first pic :p

A lift, very 'retirement home' :D

Does look very nice, hope it all works out.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    edited June 2021
    elbowloh said:

Yeah looks great!

As well as the pillbox machine gun post, you could turn those steps into a draw bridge and have a little fortress.

You can get steps that retract out of the way to reveal wheelchair lifts.
    There's already a wheelchair lift so just retract the steps so nobody can get in, especially when the wheelchair lift is converted to a pillbox.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

A lift, very 'retirement home' :D

Does look very nice, hope it all works out.
    Thats futureproofing for you :smiley:

Cheers V.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yay, we just got a deal agreed on the house we want to buy. The sellers aren't in a chain as they have a place they can move to, and our buyers are cash buyers so thunderbirds are go B) That's improved a soggy Friday for me.

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?
    Cheers - here's a little taster for the MF's. No shots of the loft for you sadly.

Looks lovely! Kent or Surrey?
    Ta JGTI - its Kent, just past Orpington.
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Yeah looks great!

Ta Elbow. I had considered a taller spikey fence all the way across the front to send the right message :smile:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    Lift? Pah. Get an escalator on that front set. Looks good though. No doubt in a LibDem stronghold.

Today I have mowstly been raking and pitchforking, key skills for the future in the sunny uplands of Brexsh1tBritain, with a follow on dessert course of logsplitting. Back volunteering in the naturist reserve. Still no sightings
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bloody hell. Bit much for the two of you! Your bifolds sh1t all over mine, so that's just jealousy talking. Looks fab, though I've just had to look up Orpington, not being familiar with that side of greater Lunnon. Best of luck with the legals etc.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

oh - thats seriously, seriously lovely - well jel.

Many congrats.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

this.

bloody gorgeous.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    hopkinb said:

Bloody hell. Bit much for the two of you! Your bifolds censored all over mine, so that's just jealousy talking. Looks fab, though I've just had to look up Orpington, not being familiar with that side of greater Lunnon. Best of luck with the legals etc.

Thanks H3, we'd be sadly mistaken if we thought we're getting shot of junior for a while yet. And she'll be working/studying while here so one bedroom can be her study and I'll have the real study downstairs.

Another bedroom can be for weights, my smelly cycling gear and juniors stupid exercise bike. That leaves a guest room for random friends who are to pi$$ed to make their way home on an evening.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    orraloon said:

Lift? Pah. Get an escalator on that front set. Looks good though. No doubt in a LibDem stronghold.

Ta Loon.

If it is, the deal's off :)
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?

oh - thats seriously, seriously lovely - well jel.

Many congrats.
    Thanks MF. TBF that pic of the bifolds from the inside was taken with the infamous estate agents fish eye lens. The pics looking back on it from the back garden gives a better idea of proportions.
  • MattFalle
    either way, its lush and sweet and bloody lovely.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Nice house, well done, just hope it doesn't need underpinning now the front and back have been torn out.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,693
    Now then, should cargobike or ano of that ilk want to do some Tesla-less stalking in the future, is all he/she/it needs to do is go seek out properties in Orpington on Rightmove and log the details? Have you given out a tad more info than a taxdodging terminator should do? Jest askin' like.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

And a condition of our offer was that they immediately take it off the market, which they have done and agent has confirmed in writing. As if any other bar steward tried to nick it, I'd have to kill them.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

And a condition of our offer was that they immediately take it off the market, which they have done and agent has confirmed in writing. As if any other bar steward tried to nick it, I'd have to kill them.
    £10k for a celeb apparently. That's the advice I obtained on the educashun thread anyway...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    orraloon said:

Now then, should cargobike or ano of that ilk want to do some Tesla-less stalking in the future, is all he/she/it needs to do is go seek out properties in Orpington on Rightmove and log the details? Have you given out a tad more info than a taxdodging terminator should do? Jest askin' like.

That's what the pillbox/drawbridge is for.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    orraloon said:

It's not on Rightmove etc ;) Was privately marketed for family reasons (disabled child, hence the lift at the front).
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021

Nice house, well done, just hope it doesn't need underpinning now the front and back have been torn out.

I guess that's what the structural survey is for. Although the front is the original one and there was always a drop down to the drive.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    You'll have to Christen the place by smashing something* up, setting alight to it and chucking it in the neighbours garden.

*Old tyres are the best

I hear there's a street party being organised in Bromley.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Its actually traditional to have a bonfire of old tyres when you move into a new house - meant to exorcise evil spirits and bring good luck.

you do realise you've moved into the birth town of Nigel Farage, the lord of the racist imbeciles?

friggin' sweet crib though.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Its actually traditional to have a bonfire of old tyres when you move into a new house - meant to exorcise evil spirits and bring good luck.

you do realise you've moved into the birth town of Nigel Farage, the lord of the racist imbeciles?

friggin' sweet crib though.

Oh yeah, I remember the estate agent saying something about a neighbour called Nige who likes a beer or two. Might have to drop by and see if he wants to go down the local boozer.
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

Why do you think he went for it? 😂
    Did I ever mention a chap I know grew up as family friends of the Farages? He decked an extremely irritating 15 year old called Nigel because "he was an irritating tw@ even then"
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

You'll have to Christen the place by smashing something* up, setting alight to it and chucking it in the neighbours garden.

*Old tyres are the best

I hear there's a street party being organised in Bromley.

I'll invite the MF's down to do it properly then disclaim all knowledge. The Panzer needs new boots soon so I'll have the raw materials.
  • Stevo_666

MattFalle said:

Did I ever mention a chap I know grew up as family friends of the Farages? He decked an extremely irritating 15 year old called Nigel because "he was an irritating tw@ even then"
    Must dust off the flat cap and the barbour jacket :)
  • veronese68
    edited June 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Must dust off the flat cap and the barbour jacket :)
    Sorry, but even you don't look like enough of a w⚓ to carry it off 😂
    Really need to get to a pub to take the mick in person