'ning

perhaps a cloudy start, then sunny

sunny ride, sunny cafes, sunny bask, laze and prepare to repeat
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Smaller hound walk and longer run.

Then the lake for the day with hopefully a pal & his family dropping in.

Later is bbq and cider in the sun 😎
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

just chillin' on the couch before taking bambino to tennis then will pedal S3 around the block to vheck that the indexing fairies haven't been in to jazz it up.

then domestic dross.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Bit of a lie in after last night's events. Hound walking here as well, followed by loft clearance activities.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    'Ning
    Beautiful blue skies here this morning. So nice that I went for a pedal.
    Pilates in a bit, then some more plastering and tidying up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    A few chores and then skate park then Giro.
    Tomorrow - post Giro blues, though I could happily smack Hatch in the chops for being so annoying: 'that would go down in history'.

Bream and new pots tonight, that'll be interesting.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Not much achieved today. Walked the dog, made coffee and then lunch. Moved a few bits of furniture around. Picked up a dovetail jig. Short turbo session.

Have persisted with fixing up the old TT/Tri bike I bought a few weeks ago which was in worse nick than it looked at first. Got it mostly sorted to use on the turbo... but I'm not convinced it's worth the effort.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_

Have persisted with fixing up the old TT/Tri bike I bought a few weeks ago which was in worse nick than it looked at first. Got it mostly sorted to use on the turbo... but I'm not convinced it's worth the effort.

I often think that about my bikes, and I bought them from new.

• pinno

Not much achieved today. Walked the dog, made coffee and then lunch. Moved a few bits of furniture around. Picked up a dovetail jig. Short turbo session.

I thought that you would have too many aches and pains to be sitting in a tri position?

#recumbant
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Howdy. Ride done, happy because I managed an average (just) in excess of 16mph. Left wondering once again how beginners manage to get 20+mph average speeds. Meh

Shower then supermarket then a couple more photos of the old fireplace and hearth that I’m giving away for free on Facebook marketplace yet still people want more. Then relaxing/reading/listening to some music/watching the giro for the rest of the day. Might take doggy for a walk later too.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

I often think that about my bikes, and I bought them from new.

Are you fat Thistle?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868

Bala looks loverly today
  • johngti
    tlw1 said:

Bala looks loverly today

It does. I grew up in Ruthin, could go outside and see the mountains of the clwydian range from the back garden. Miss that.
  • pinno
    Is that smoke from the MF's garden?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    johngti said:

Howdy. Ride done, happy because I managed an average (just) in excess of 16mph. Left wondering once again how beginners manage to get 20+mph average speeds. Meh

What beginners? Over what distance and elevation? Sign 'em up!
  • hopkinb
    Wandered down to "Perky Blenders" for a double espresso and a cinnamon bun. Bought Mrs H³ a flat white and an almond croissant. Mini a plain croissant.

Still overcast and chilly. Perking up later according to met office app. Hope it does soon.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Is that smoke from the MF's garden?

😂😂
  • MattFalle
    lovely and fresh and sunny so i'm sitting in a car park.

fuggit - gonna go skateboarding with bambina when i get home and for secret beer and 'scratchins while she has a whatever 15 year old skater chicks drink when out with their fathers nowadays.

So that'll be a Panda Cola, yah? Not made of money darling.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    pinno said:

I thought that you would have too many aches and pains to be sitting in a tri position?

#recumbant
    I probably am. I've been tinkering with this because.... on the regular roadie on the turbo, I often am pedalling while sitting straight up, because hands on hoods/tops fairly quickly causes pins & needles in my arms and hands. And sitting up pedalling like that for long leads to sore lower back.

So, I thought I'd try some aero bars and just rest on elbows, more relaxed, because I don't need to see where I'm going on a turbo. But because I am an inflexible old git, on the roadie with the aero bars, I am crunched up a bit because of saddle setback behind the BB and reach. The Tri bike has an effective seat tube of almost 80 degrees, meaning I can have the saddle higher and be more rotated forward at hips which in theory should be more comfy.

And it is. A lot of fiddling with position and I found I could do about 45 mins on the trainer, with 95% of that time down on the armrests fairly comfortably. Lower back seemed fine too.

But knees weren't so keen. :neutral: Quite sore today after that.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Too right.
    Remember Jump Cola from the 7 Eleven?
    We used to have 2 or 3 before going clubbing.

Are any of her friends cute?

• MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Too right.
    Remember Jump Cola from the 7 Eleven?
    We used to have 2 or 3 before going clubbing.

Are any of her friends cute?

no. they are 15. Unlike Gary Glitter, Jimmy Saville and most members of the conservative party, i am not a nonce.

her italian teacher though, thats a different story.....
  • pinno
    15 would be far too old for Saville.

Stevo bought a house near a 6th form college.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545
    where's the sun? cloudy and nippy, coldest it's been for a few days, brrrrrr

just had a cafe stroll, sat inside

• darkhairedlord

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545

brioche?

i just had berries and greek yoghurt on brioche, wondering if a side of crispy bacon would go well with it
  • hopkinb

Is that pain perdu/French toast/eggy bread? Looks lovely.
  • darkhairedlord
    Eggy brioche, strawberries, maple syrup, dusting of icing sugar. Keeps Mrs DHL quiet for five mins.
  • MattFalle

protein shake in a car park

now that's living the dream.
  • thistle_

And it is. A lot of fiddling with position and I found I could do about 45 mins on the trainer, with 95% of that time down on the armrests fairly comfortably. Lower back seemed fine too.

But knees weren't so keen. :neutral: Quite sore today after that.

I found similar when I first put a set of clip ons on my bike, my knees and glutes didn't like it but after a while it got better and even went that other way - riding on the drops/hoods would hurt my knees/hope.
  • johngti
    hopkinb said:

johngti said:

What beginners? Over what distance and elevation? Sign 'em up!
    Have those threads properly died off then? All the “I’ve just bought a carrera from Halfords and can only manage 21mph on a three hour ride - is that any good?” You know, those threads.