saturday the enemies of ra lay slain, mafdet triumphs, the sun shall rise once more

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Mafdet. Old Kingdom cat goddess. First dynasty even. First feline goddess. Predates bastet and sekhdet. Deification of legal justice. Protector of ra and pharaohs. Off down the rabbit hole of googling ancient Egyptian deities again, whilst eating toast and homemade marmalade. Maybe get me to the British museum this half term for a poke around.

You do not want to be in accounts.

Bit sultry here. No sun but mild.
    Put toots and OH together for the off and then i'll go pedal.

Hungover @seanoconn ?
    Thank you for your concern. I see you’re being nicey nicey today after yesterday’s insults.
    Boring though, isn't it?

The only people who can call spud munchers 'spud munchers', is... a spud muncher.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Que es 'spud muncher'? A tattie bogle?

Lazy day. Legs and other assorted limbs acheing after yesterday's exertions so binned off the ride until tomorrow when getting #1 daughter out on her bike for the first time since she froze solid in that easterly barsteward wind and snow deluge a while back. Different conditions now 👍

Beers opened, barbie ready to rumble. More sun, more sun perlease...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Mafdet. Old Kingdom cat goddess. First dynasty even. First feline goddess. Predates bastet and sekhdet. Deification of legal justice. Protector of ra and pharaohs. Off down the rabbit hole of googling ancient Egyptian deities again, whilst eating toast and homemade marmalade. Maybe get me to the British museum this half term for a poke around.

british museum egyptian gallery has many cat exhibits, one also gets a mention...

c. twenty years ago, may've been updated, click picture to embiggen

the greek stuff, including marbles of dubious provenance is good too, if you can get a time without crowds
    Ra haha.
    New game, find usernames in everyday signage.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Could you pick me up a canopic jar or two please.
    Yup. No probs.
    OMG thanks!

Any two will do, I’m really not fussy. Unless you wear your baggy trousers and can squeeze all four in your pockets.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    sunshine has brought out the hordes, it's like a mosh pit at the back of harrods

bring back lockdown
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    'Ning, kinda
    Went for one of those quick runs which turned into anything but.
    18 degrees plus the whole way, humid, overcast and no wind even before adding a sweaty fat guy into the mix.
    The weather and extra length meant I fkd up my hydration so went about 2.5 hrs with nothing to drink. The gate posts were turning into farm animals towards the end :anguished:
    Managed a photo so I guess it's worth it:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    sungod said:

sunshine has brought out the hordes, it's like a mosh pit at the back of harrods

bring back lockdown

Just walked to the old dear's to check on fish and plant life. The pubs on the common were heaving, it was enough to dissuade me from stopping to check on my hydration level. Nice out though, you wouldn't think that's SW London. There's 6 lanes of A3 under those trees in the distance
  • thistle_

sungod said:

bring back lockdown

Just walked to the old dear's to check on fish and plant life. The pubs on the common were heaving, it was enough to dissuade me from stopping to check on my hydration level. Nice out though, you wouldn't think that's SW London. There's 6 lanes of A3 under those trees in the distance
    Despite the weather in my photo the beach was packed.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    thistle_ said:

'Ning, kinda
    Went for one of those quick runs which turned into anything but.
    18 degrees plus the whole way, humid, overcast and no wind even before adding a sweaty fat guy into the mix.
    The weather and extra length meant I fkd up my hydration so went about 2.5 hrs with nothing to drink. The gate posts were turning into farm animals towards the end :anguished:
    Managed a photo so I guess it's worth it:

Good work thistle
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    drove back from Edwyns and it was carnage out there at 6, looks like a drunk bomb has exploded.

Plod are gonna be busy tonight.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    It never rains.... Was out at a friend's for a BBQ in their back garden, had a nice day in the sun.

In the way back, was feeling a little nauseous. Mention it to wife and she says the same. Currently laid out on the sofa trying to watch the CL final with a bucket next to me and have already had a couple of trips to the loo to ahem well, less said about that the better. Wife is doing similar upstairs.

There was a stomach bug going round the boys nursery earlier in the week, but he seemed to have escaped unharmed, maybe it was that, maybe something at the BBQ.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    edited May 2021
    elbowloh said:

It never rains.... Was out at a friend's for a BBQ in their back garden, had a nice day in the sun.

In the way back, was feeling a little nauseous. Mention it to wife and she says the same. Currently laid out on the sofa trying to watch the CL final with a bucket next to me and have already had a couple of trips to the loo to ahem well, less said about that the better. Wife is doing similar upstairs.

There was a stomach bug going round the boys nursery earlier in the week, but he seemed to have escaped unharmed, maybe it was that, maybe something at the BBQ.

At least all that bog roll you stockpiled 15 months ago will come in handy but sounds like an extreme way to get down to racing weight to me.
    Hope you're better tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Eurgh, not what you need Elbow. Hope it passes quickly if you get my drift.
    Lots of drunks shouting at the pub down the road. I guess there's some sort of football going on. Time for a beer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Eurgh, not what you need Elbow. Hope it passes quickly if you get my drift.
    Lots of drunks shouting at the pub down the road. I guess there's some sort of football going on. Time for a beer.

Sure was some football going on. We won't be hearing from Slowmart and Pinno for a while :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited May 2021
    Grooogh. Hope it passes soon elbow. You guys are veggie aren't you? Less likely to get ill from a veggie bbq, none of those charred yet raw bangers.

Rode from SW20 to MiL in E11. Took the longer route via Chelsea Bridge and embankment, via the pro Palestine protest in Parliament Square. Cycle track full of idiot tourists to the Tower, then through Whitechapel,
    Stepney, Bow and Stratford. Past the Cart & Horses in Maryland (birthplace of Iron Maiden). Moderate easterly headwind made it a decent workout to keep up a tempo. Hour and 10. Beat the car by 50 minutes.

Lovely dim sum and noodle feast delivered from Panda dim sum on leytonstone High Road. They make their own dim sum rather than buy them in. If you're in the area, big recommend from me. Gorgeous fiery szechuan chilli dipping sauce.
  • MattFalle
    Congrats SteveO - good might on the footy front.
  • Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Congrats SteveO - good might on the footy front.

Awesome night. Best team won - again.
  • MattFalle
    its almost getting boring now this cup, tbh....
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

its almost getting boring now this cup, tbh....

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt.

Wonder if Aguero will move to Chelsea so he can win some European silverware?
  • MattFalle
    Aguero and Kane.....
  • Stevo_666
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Anyhow, Bally hasn't been on here - must be busy washing his hair tonight :D
  • MattFalle
    he may be quiet for a bit we think
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Hair is drying nicely on the line.
    Didn't watch the football. For me, it is up there with the Eurovision song contest as a spectacle.
    Mind you, I suppose it could be said that it is nice for a plucky little club to win a trophy. :)

• Stevo_666

Hair is drying nicely on the line.
    Didn't watch the football. For me, it is up there with the Eurovision song contest as a spectacle.
    Mind you, I suppose it could be said that it is nice for a plucky little club to win a trophy. :)

You hide your disappointment well.

I'll continue celebrating B)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Mrs Stevo can brace herself then?
  • Stevo_666
    She's a Chelsea fan :)
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    elbowloh said:

Hope you’re feeling better today...not what you needed on top of everything else!