saturday the enemies of ra lay slain, mafdet triumphs, the sun shall rise once more

'ning

milder, looks like summer is almost here

ride, cafes, bit of family visiting, catch up on giro later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely start to the morning with the sun out for a change, cycling early, bbq and giro later
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    overcast, wet, meh.

going for a ride then family dross.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    mostly cloudy but mild, yesterday's rain dried, ready for sunday sun
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Hounds walked but on the lead as sheep everywhere. Run done in basically one giant bog.

Now into Bala for a few extra meat based provisions and then bbq / lake / ale
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

Hounds walked but on the lead as sheep everywhere. Run done in basically one giant bog.

How was the camper van/ side tent?
  • hopkinb
    Tennis. In laws. Stay over there. Tomorrow bbq with friends.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    In a queue, not the clap clinic before you ask...
  • hopkinb
    Mafdet. Old Kingdom cat goddess. First dynasty even. First feline goddess. Predates bastet and sekhdet. Deification of legal justice. Protector of ra and pharaohs. Off down the rabbit hole of googling ancient Egyptian deities again, whilst eating toast and homemade marmalade. Maybe get me to the British museum this half term for a poke around.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Awesome 😎
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Should make another cup of tea. Day of pottering I suspect. Should go and check on the old dear's gaff at some point.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    edited May 2021
    hopkinb said:

Mafdet. Old Kingdom cat goddess. First dynasty even. First feline goddess. Predates bastet and sekhdet. Deification of legal justice. Protector of ra and pharaohs. Off down the rabbit hole of googling ancient Egyptian deities again, whilst eating toast and homemade marmalade. Maybe get me to the British museum this half term for a poke around.

You do not want to be in accounts.

Bit sultry here. No sun but mild.
    Put toots and OH together for the off and then i'll go pedal.

Hungover @seanoconn ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Awesome 😎
    👍

Does everything and everybody plus dogs all fit in the van? Or do you need to take a car as well?
  • hopkinb
    edited May 2021
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Tax, rather than accounts, though I am qualified in both. World of difference between the two... 😉

Being interested in a wide range of things is not precluded by one's occupation. Unfortunately, being interested in things doesn't pay the bills, and also makes me exceedingly dull according to my loving family. 😀

Finally got round to writing a will with Mrs H³ yesterday. Online consultation and everything.

Got my annual payrise letter from work. An earth shattering 0.4%. 🤣 Luckily Mrs H³'s employer did not have such a shyte year, and she has taken on a lot more responsibility, so she got more like 16%. Must remember to adjust the share of the household bills accordingly.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Awesome 😎
    👍

Does everything and everybody plus dogs all fit in the van? Or do you need to take a car as well?
    All fits in, but had an early dart so we did arrive in two cars
  • MattFalle
    Ride ridded. Weird ghost shifting problem (17 & 18 tooth sprockets but only in small ring on frontt, big ring is perfect) threatened to ruin hills and cause S3 to be slung in the nearest skip so I just boshed it on the big ring and used that instead. I AM BOONEN

turned barrel adj 3 times and problem went away but no idea why it started (hanger? mech? bent?) so will keep an eye on it. Also ghosting in 11 & 12 although it was fine on the stand....

#annoying
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    MattFalle said:

Ride ridded. Weird ghost shifting problem (17 & 18 tooth sprockets but only in small ring on frontt, big ring is perfect) threatened to ruin hills and cause S3 to be slung in the nearest skip so I just boshed it on the big ring and used that instead. I AM BOONEN

turned barrel adj 3 times and problem went away but no idea why it started (hanger? mech? bent?) so will keep an eye on it. Also ghosting in 11 & 12 although it was fine on the stand....

#annoying

Always index the cassette from the middle.
    i.e: Place the chain on the 6th cog (for 11). Adjust so that it's running smoothly in that cog.

As the chain stretches, the distance from the upper jockey wheel to the cassette can be too small or even come into contact with the cassette.
    (and before any pedants jump in shouting their mouths off), the chain can be sandwiched between upper jockey wheel and cassette.

Adjust 'B' screw to make sure that the clearance between cassette and upper jockey wheel is iro 3mm (some manufacturers vary).

Failing that, if the play in the upper jockey wheel has been compromised because of dirt say, then shifting can be poor.

Have a check to see if your chain is stretched.

Make sure it's all clean.
    Check fraying/movement of cable through chainstay nipple and BB guide.

Have you mucked around with the handlebar tape recently?
    If so, check that the cable isn't shifting about a bit as it exits/enters the shifter body.

Make sure the outer cable from the chainstay nipple to rear mech is a smooth curve, not too big, not too small.

PS That's not me in the pic, I haven't got a beard.
  • pinno
    Oh and i'm not talking to you.

I thought long and hard about whether I have Chocolate Amaretti Torte before the ride or after.
    Fcuk it, before.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Done a spot of planning finances etc this morning. Moving onto clearing the garden shed soon, then going through those tedious forms spsolicitors make you fill in when selling a house specifying stuff like which plant pots will stay or go etc. Its going to be an exciting day...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

#annoying

Always index the cassette from the middle.
    i.e: Place the chain on the 6th cog (for 11). Adjust so that it's running smoothly in that cog.

As the chain stretches, the distance from the upper jockey wheel to the cassette can be too small or even come into contact with the cassette.
    (and before any pedants jump in shouting their mouths off), the chain can be sandwiched between upper jockey wheel and cassette.

Adjust 'B' screw to make sure that the clearance between cassette and upper jockey wheel is iro 3mm (some manufacturers vary).

Failing that, if the play in the upper jockey wheel has been compromised because of dirt say, then shifting can be poor.

Have a check to see if your chain is stretched.

Make sure it's all clean.
    Check fraying/movement of cable through chainstay nipple and BB guide.

Have you mucked around with the handlebar tape recently?
    If so, check that the cable isn't shifting about a bit as it exits/enters the shifter body.

Make sure the outer cable from the chainstay nipple to rear mech is a smooth curve, not too big, not too small.

PS That's not me in the pic, I haven't got a beard.
    grazie!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

Bike ridden, hound walked, coffee drank, Date has gone north to see her friend. Time for the Giro more coffee and then out for burger with mates later. May do some touch up painting rather than delay it (new carpet is lower than the old one, so before it is fitted)

Ignoring the fact I need to find a tiler for a repair job. seriously hate finding trades people.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    edited May 2021
    hopkinb said:

british museum egyptian gallery has many cat exhibits, one also gets a mention...

c. twenty years ago, may've been updated, click picture to embiggen

the greek stuff, including marbles of dubious provenance is good too, if you can get a time without crowds
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Bit sultry here. No sun but mild.
    Put toots and OH together for the off and then i'll go pedal.

Hungover @seanoconn ?
    Thank you for your concern. I see you’re being nicey nicey today after yesterday’s insults.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Could you pick me up a canopic jar or two please.
  • seanoconn
    Could really do with some nice ornaments for the widow sill and shelves.
  • seanoconn
    Sunglasses now with local opticians as I managed to strip the head of the little screws 😕
  • MattFalle
    Heading to Edwyns to buy some black paint and elbow pads so bambina can learn to skateboard.

my life really is rock n roll sometimes....
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

british museum egyptian gallery has many cat exhibits, one also gets a mention...

the greek stuff, including marbles of dubious provenance is good too, if you can get a time without crowds
    I always get there for doors open, and go in the back door. I have tried taking the kids, but I bore them silly.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

hopkinb said:

I always get there for doors open, and go in the back door. I have tried taking the kids, but I bore them silly.
    If you haven't been, check out the Sir John Soane museum. That's worth a whole day out and includes some incredible artefacts. Not sure if I recall cats, though.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Could you pick me up a canopic jar or two please.
    Yup. No probs.