bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Almeida has managed it well, looked like he was in trouble for a while
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Martinez lol 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
  • bobmcstuff
    Almeida now dropped too.

Martinez, I guess his descending isn't that big a problem after all if he can climb like that :D
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Martinez :o
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Tongues will wag after this
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • phreak
    He's riding himself into the top 5
  • bobmcstuff
    Martinez done
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    Great win that 👏
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • bobmcstuff
    edited May 2021
    Caruso wins

Bernal second +23s
  • phreak
    Well done Caruso. Gave it a go and deserved his win.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    I didn't see Caruso going on the attack ... Other teams just not strong enough
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Martinez in 3rd. Incredible ride from him
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    Haha another unbelievable ride from Ineos. That training and nutrition programme working wonders. And people think cycling has changed.

Think they must have shown the 1994 Fleche Wallonne highlights on the ineos bus this morning.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • blazing_saddles
    Ironic that Rob Hatch is calling time on Caruso's career at 33, given the average age of Ineos's top cheeses. (BS doing the same now on the breakaway)

Martinez will finish this Giro in the top 5, as he's only got to take a few seconds off Romain Bardet. Hardly a tough ask.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Good Giro...
    left the forum March 2023
  • mididoctors
    Ineos was annoyingly superb. Talented and tactically on the ball .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles

Good Giro...

I wouldn't go that far.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    Guess the speculation about his back was utter bollocks (or he’s managed it really well with the support of a great team).

Strong ride today and great stuff from Caruso, gutsy.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Bardet could also be a wildcard, he lost a little time yesterday to Vlasov but came in with Carthy, who's just 22" ahead on GC. A long up and over onto a technical descent maybe?

Just to prove I'm not *always* wrong
    :wink:
  • Good Giro...

I wouldn't go that far.
    I would, there’s been plenty to enjoy.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2021

Good Giro...

I wouldn't go that far.
    I think it was decent. bit of a wash out with rain but a lot of good stuff . . CM and mountain competition was meh. That said the GC was in flux
  • mididoctors
    Yates just wasn't having a good day ... He dug in on that final climb. He usually gives up
  • mididoctors

Bardet could also be a wildcard, he lost a little time yesterday to Vlasov but came in with Carthy, who's just 22" ahead on GC. A long up and over onto a technical descent maybe?

Just to prove I'm not *always* wrong
    :wink:
    Well done
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Yates just wasn't having a good day ... He dug in on that final climb. He usually gives up

Have we ever seen him have two consecutive good days in the mountains? I mean proper go for the win days.
  • mididoctors

Have we ever seen him have two consecutive good days in the mountains? I mean proper go for the win days.
    Not this giro
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    I think it was good... it was in the balance and Yates form made it interesting in the last few days. Ineos wasn't overly dominant, like in the Tour Sky days, when action was limited to the last 2 minutes of a stage. It's not going to go down as a classic edition, but better than many I remember
    left the forum March 2023
  • mididoctors

I think it was good... it was in the balance and Yates form made it interesting in the last few days. Ineos wasn't overly dominant, like in the Tour Sky days, when action was limited to the last 2 minutes of a stage. It's not going to go down as a classic edition, but better than many I remember

I will go with that . It was a very tough race too. The Strada and rain
  • mididoctors
    All 3 riders on the podium won a major mountain stage pretty much solo involving a early attack
  • mididoctors
    Caruso owes bardet DSM. . Both for today and stage 16 when bardet carried him in on the wet descent