friday will engulf the unwary

13»

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Trousers? Who? Jury decision pending but betting odds say....

:)

TBH I liked it a lot based on what I saw so was kind of hoping she would go for it. And tbf she took a lot of video footage etc to show me. We're going back next week to be double sure about it.
    Is it the one with the better transport links?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    orraloon said:

Don't underestimate the joy of a quiet life
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo_666 said:

Take away for us tonight - just waiting for Mrs. 666 to decide which one...she's had a hard day after viewing a house and deciding to buy it, which seemed to take less time than the pending take away decision. Offer made and should hear back tomorrow.

Great news!
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Take away for us tonight - just waiting for Mrs. 666 to decide which one...she's had a hard day after viewing a house and deciding to buy it, which seemed to take less time than the pending take away decision. Offer made and should hear back tomorrow.

Great news!
    But we don't know which take away she plumped for.
    Hope it's a good choice Stevo, house and scoff.
    Had a phone call from the lad with some good news earlier. His GP at uni have offered him the jab next week. He's 22 and not in any high risk group.
  • elbowloh
    It's crazy isn't it? Buying a house is most probably the biggest purchase any of us are ever going to make and we often do it based on a 15 min viewing and a few hours of thought.

Definitely spend more time on a bike purchase personally.

Hope all goes well Stevo!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    elbowloh said:

It's crazy isn't it? Buying a house is most probably the biggest purchase any of us are ever going to make and we often do it based on a 15 min viewing and a few hours of thought.

Wonder if Stevo's takeaway has been ordered yet?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

:)

TBH I liked it a lot based on what I saw so was kind of hoping she would go for it. And tbf she took a lot of video footage etc to show me. We're going back next week to be double sure about it.
    Is it the one with the better transport links?
    Yep. Walking distance to a train station - the other one was nearly 4 miles. Although both were really good houses - so its the old cliché of location x3.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

elbowloh said:

Wonder if Stevo's takeaway has been ordered yet?
    Buuuurp!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2021
    elbowloh said:

Hope all goes well Stevo!

Cheers Elbow.

Although after doing our research and talking it through, sometimes you just have a gut feel for what it right. Me and the Mrs don't agree on everything but when it comes to property I trust her judgment implicitly - as we always seem to agree on that stuff, even if it's sometimes for different reasons.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Great news!
    Got to wait for the reply but we weren't taking to wee wee. If anything I think they underpriced it (by the stark raving bonkers standards of the SE property market).
  • Stevo_666

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Great news!
    Had a phone call from the lad with some good news earlier. His GP at uni have offered him the jab next week. He's 22 and not in any high risk group.
    In the end we went for the one closer to transport and amenities - reality intrudes. Its not wellies and barbour territory but right on the edge of the built up area. And its got H3 style bifolds, so it must be good, right? :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Great news!
    As long as they say yes...I'll think about that tomorrow.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Great news!
    best of my man - I look forward to the housewarming.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    How far is the nearest curry house to your new place. Was this covered by the estate agent?
  • Stevo_666

How far is the nearest curry house to your new place. Was this covered by the estate agent?

Half a mile down the road, near the pub :)
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Great news!
    best of my man - I look forward to the housewarming.
    Barbie at Casa Stevo?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    And next door to a 6th form girls college?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364

That's top drawer. No one thought of that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

About 1 mile o:)
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Great news!
    In the end we went for the one closer to transport and amenities - reality intrudes. Its not wellies and barbour territory but right on the edge of the built up area. And its got H3 style bifolds, so it must be good, right? :smile:
    Well, they are very fine bi-folds 😃
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bi folds are great for the 11 days per year when you can open them fully! Also excellent for clearing the kitchen of smoke if you set the smoke alarms off.
  • veronese68
    The Grecian palace being built next door to the old dear's has a big set of bi-folds, but they will be permanently in the shade as they have built a large roof with fancy pillars over the terrace. This being Raynes Park not Athens so the shade is not needed. With the addition of the fence they are putting at the side of the terrace because it's 4' higher than the garden it's going to be a dark place. But they have paid for big fancy doors to let the light in.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    hopkinb said:

Bi folds are great for the 11 days per year when you can open them fully! Also excellent for clearing the kitchen of smoke if you set the smoke alarms off.

we had bi-folds in the old house and also in the granny flat here.

when we built the old extension we designed it so that when the bi-folds opened up and folded into the walls it picture framed the garden and was utterly lovely with the sum streaming in.

really miss that old house tbh.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    The back is South facing and looked like it would catch a fair few rays so fingers crossed. Cant get hold of the bloody estate agent to see if the sellers have replied...typical.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

The back is South facing and looked like it would catch a fair few rays so fingers crossed. Cant get hold of the bloody estate agent to see if the sellers have replied...typical.

Mine is SW facing. Blinds are a must on a sunny summer afternoon. Electric optional. Then about 6 p.m. you can open them fully and hey presto, 100m² of kitchen, dining room and seating. With added bowling green action.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2021
    hopkinb said:

If this all goes through I suspect we will have just missed the hot weather.
  • elbowloh
    We're SSW facing with a conservatory that is hotter than the surface of the sun on a sunny day even with the double doors and all the windows open.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Point noted gents. The lounge in our current place has some large-ish patio door and glass either side and it does get quite hot in the day. That said, we still haven't heard back from the estate agents about our offer so will worry about the details once the lazy toe rags have pulled their finger out.

Headed back next Thursday for a confirmatory viewing in early afternoon so maybe a chance to check on the heat situation.