wednesday at extreme blueshift

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Ford Gran Torino or Capri? That is the question.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Pot Noodle time.

Been offered more stuff with armed Po Po so yup, count me in.

Back to Pot Noodle.

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Jack Reacher?
    that would be cool - I could screech up in the Anaconda and roll over the bonnet before twisting my bad knee and limping off pretending it doesn't hurt.
    A la The Professionals or Starsky and Hutch? Not Reacher. not retro, not cool.
    Heartbeat is more my style
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Pot Noodle time.

Been offered more stuff with armed Po Po so yup, count me in.

Back to Pot Noodle.

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Jack Reacher?
    that would be cool - I could screech up in the Anaconda and roll over the bonnet before twisting my bad knee and limping off pretending it doesn't hurt.
    A la The Professionals or Starsky and Hutch? Not Reacher. not retro, not cool.
    Heartbeat is more my style
    Ooo, puke factor 9/10.

There is absolutely no hope for you.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Just accepted an offer on our house. Their third offer sealed it for us and they're chain free so good news. Better get our skates on and find somewhere to buy...

Back to the north east? 😂
    I don't fancy the maintenance on a mansion up there :) We're looking around the North Downs and that sort of area.
    Will keep that in mind if I ever decide to run it 😂
    The address will be a closely guarded secret :p
    Will bring cider?
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

...and you need trackie bottoms with a stripe down the side of them or a cardigan or a beige turtle neck, oh and side burns. Gotta have the sideburns.

side burns I'll carry, ain't doing flares or platform boots.

There are limits.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Ford Gran Torino or Capri? That is the question.

Honda Anaconda.

When you're number one why try harder?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Just accepted an offer on our house. Their third offer sealed it for us and they're chain free so good news. Better get our skates on and find somewhere to buy...

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I don't fancy the maintenance on a mansion up there :) We're looking around the North Downs and that sort of area.
    You'll never commute by bike from there. It's just an excuse to drive ze panzer on a daily basis.

#fatstevo

Bollox, rumbled :smiley:

Actually I will ride in once or twice a week, its just over 20 miles each way...as long as we stay on the right side of the North Downs ridge, which is a censored climb.
    20 miles each way is a nice commute

Obviously not on a hybrid
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

...and you need trackie bottoms with a stripe down the side of them or a cardigan or a beige turtle neck, oh and side burns. Gotta have the sideburns.

There are limits.
    Disco - don't fight it,. embrace it, love it.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

You'll never commute by bike from there. It's just an excuse to drive ze panzer on a daily basis.

#fatstevo

Actually I will ride in once or twice a week, its just over 20 miles each way...as long as we stay on the right side of the North Downs ridge, which is a censored climb.

You mean he'll have to get a proper road bike?
    He'll be in road general asking what bike to buy for £1500.
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

yup - thats a really nice ride.

excuse for n+1 as well.....
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

There are limits.
    Disco - don't fight it,. embrace it, love it.
    i'd rather hammer nails into my own testicles using my forehead.

same applies for prog rock, the whole of the 70s and anything concerning Margaret Thatcher, thattwat Johnson or the Conservative party generally.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

In: downhill, tailwind.
    Home: Uphill, headwind.
    Home: Van uplift.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Yes I can confirm that I am officially alive and well. Slightly miffed but alive and well.

Currently locked in until Monday which means my open water swim sessions in readiness for the June 20th tri are limited to the sex bath.

Zwift kept crashing yesterday and although we have a massive kitchen extension which gives me a sprint length of 13163mm (yes I'm that bored I just got my laser out) from the bi-folds to the garage door it just isn't enough to train for a half marathon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    When I lived a bit further out I did 25miles each way a couple of days a week and tbh it wasn't completely pleasant. It was the wrong side of the North Downs ridge and I was just knackered from it.

If I go back to the office now, it's more like 17 miles each way.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    13m? You could fit a snooker table in there.

So had vaccine and contracted C19 and showing as almost asymptomatic.
    Vaccine helped then.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    elbowloh said:

When I lived a bit further out I did 25miles each way a couple of days a week and tbh it wasn't completely pleasant. It was the wrong side of the North Downs ridge and I was just knackered from it.

I'm definitely staying on the London side of the ridge. If we do bag something around there It'll be a great base to do some weekend riding.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

I'll buy the house first then worry about turning into a roadie.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Yes and yes, I'm happy it's helped us both out but my mate over the road isn't in as good a state.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Will keep that in mind if I ever decide to run it 😂
    The address will be a closely guarded secret :p
    Will bring cider?
    Deal.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

Will probably get one of those Planet X Hurricanes. There's also some mileage to be had in Cake Stop with a bike name like that :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

He'll be in road general asking what bike to buy for £15.
    FTFY, after what the EPO wants him to spend on the new gaff I suspect that's all he'll have left.
    Glad you're not too bad with it HD, hope mate over the road recovers ok. We have to quarantine for a few days from Sunday as the female child is going to have her wisdom teeth out next week. If I start to go stir crazy I might move in to the old dear's and go to H³'s to eat.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

You joke, but the top of the ridge is the highest point in Kent (OK, that's a bit like the highest point in Holland) but its over 800ft above sea level whereas Cental London is almost at sea level. I love a challenge.
  • elbowloh
    edited May 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

I'm definitely staying on the London side of the ridge. If we do bag something around there It'll be a great base to do some weekend riding.
    New house is actually half way up the ridge (the London side of it). From the top floor windows I can make out London landmarks, Wembley Stadium Arch, the Shard etc
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

Will probably get one of those Planet X Hurricanes. There's also some mileage to be had in Cake Stop with a bike name like that :smile:
    That's actually no.1 on my list if/when I buy a new bike for commuting/winter riding.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

#fatstevo

You joke, but the top of the ridge is the highest point in Kent (OK, that's a bit like the highest point in Holland) but its over 800ft above sea level whereas Cental London is almost at sea level. I love a challenge.
    800ft? That's like... 260m. Wow.
    Yer missus can pick you up at the foot of the hill.
  • elbowloh
    When is the H3 pizza parlour's officially open to the public?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

When he's learnt not to burn them
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

When he's learnt not to burn them
    when it stops raining. I think it's being brought out this weekend.

Proper pizza should have a few charred bits.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    pinno said:

So had vaccine and contracted C19 and showing as almost asymptomatic.
    Vaccine helped then.

A couple of people I know on bookface are not happy that they've discovered you can still catch C19 once you're vaccinated. I don't think they realise how vaccines work.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

You can buy mine, £100k to you, special price. One careful owner (not sure about the others). Comes with complimentary antisocial black cat.
    The cat wouldn't last long, our dogs are hungry.