thursday projected onto a plane at infinity

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Obviously got wet as well as blasted by the headwind. May my @rse.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    gyming with with Nine Inch Nails on LOUD
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

sungod said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

WINNER WINNER TOP BLAG FOR DINNER

just blagged instructing mtb for some bods for a week in the summer

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Will it be dry by then?
    Doubt it.

Quick glance at weather app suggests the next week down here won't get above 15°C with plenty of high winds and some rain too. Basically March. In May. Nearly June. Even by UK standards, that's pretty shyte.

Plus a 20 mph block headwind on the way home, gusting to twice that. Always welcome to tone up the old legs.
    pinno said:

Wiggle email:

'The new Vitus has arrived... we started from the beginning... with only speed in mind... bollox bollox...'

7.8kg's and will cost iro £5k.

Well that's just censored really.

tempted by the black inc barstem, a fair bit lighter than current cinelli integrated, but not sure about the boring styling, plus it might melt in the rain
    My Wilier comes in at just under 7.8 kg's. Had I assembled it with new gruppo/wheels, it would have set me back £2800 plus finishing kit.
    Not good vfm for the Vitus IMHO.
    S3 cost me £1600 off shop on the net, so I then sold the standard saddle for £40, wheels for £200 and 'bars for £40.

Admittedly it had Ultegra 8000 on it but you can't have everything I suppose.

thought it was a bargain, even more so than that Vitus
  • hopkinb
    Teaching myself French by watching "call my agent" and Spanish by watching "money heist". I'm fluent in si and oui.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Got this lot delivered today. £23 inc delivery and my project for the night.

Hic
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    ^ Nice. An IPA fest. Enjoy. Good deal that, from where?

Btw isn't craft beer IPA all a bit beardie hipster wokey dokey for a Tory fanboi? 😉
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

^ Nice. An IPA fest. Enjoy. Good deal that, from where?

Btw isn't craft beer IPA all a bit beardie hipster wokey dokey for a Tory fanboi? 😉

Bally secretly has a long beard and a waxed moustache.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    It was a deal through that Martin Lewis fella. The company had 3000 lots on offer for 23 quid delivered. A one off purchase with no commitment.

https://www.beer52.com/special21
  • ballysmate
    I agree that IPA and real ales can be a bit beardie and elbow patches, but hey, beer is beer.
    Wokey? Never. I shudder at the thought.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    hopkinb said:

Teaching myself French by watching "call my agent" and Spanish by watching "money heist". I'm fluent in si and oui.

Watch some Westerns. Then you'll know 'hombre, 'adios' and 'amigo' too.

I remember watching a program about the arms trade and some fat French speaking Belgian arms dealer when asked why he sold weapons to some African despot said "nous fumer le meme tabac".

I'll never forget that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

call my agent

sheer unfettered joy.

enjoy lots and lots.
  • MattFalle
    And yes, Laure Calamy is ridiculously hot.

• hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Had to google, but yes, Mathias' assistant. Elle est tres sexy.

• ballysmate
    MattFalle said:

Had to google her and to be frank, she didn't live up to your hype. But that said, I've had worse. :D
  • elbowloh
    edited May 2021

It was a deal through that Martin Lewis fella. The company had 3000 lots on offer for 23 quid delivered. A one off purchase with no commitment.

https://www.beer52.com/special21

They advertise quite a lot on the type of podcasts I listen to...does that make me a Beardy Wokey dokey. Probably.
    I have some brewdog IPAs (more than 1 type) in the fridge.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    Feck this weather into a cocked hat. Sitting here watching the grey clouds roll in, the heating has clicked on, all the plants in the garden looking bedraggled and sad.

I'm surprised sungod is still alive. No canarian sunshine and windy/hilly rides that reinvigorate him. Rain since September here. I suppose hence the bubbly.

Roll on Corfu last week of August. Or quite happy if the sun shines in Cornwall last week of July.
  • orraloon
    Picked up some BrewDog Hazy Janes at my local Tesco today, on the 4 for £6 deal. And some Thornbridge Jaipur. Do I need to stop shaving?

Btw local CAMRA branch of which I'm a member is pretty keen on local microbreweries craft or not-craft designated, cans or draught. And some of those guys (being gender specific) have beards.
  • elbowloh
    orraloon said:

Picked up some BrewDog Hazy Janes at my local Tesco today, on the 4 for £6 deal. And some Thornbridge Jaipur. Do I need to stop shaving?

Btw local CAMRA branch of which I'm a member is pretty keen on local microbreweries craft or not-craft designated, cans or draught. And some of those guys (being gender specific) have beards.

I thought CAMRA wasn't keen in general on cans and bottles beers that's not served from a cask?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw with a windswept wobble each way, thankfully avoided getting wet. Had to laugh at the school kids playing cricket on the way home, one of the screens had actually blown over in the wind.
    Got tomorrow off for a ride along the Wey with a mate. 40+ mph gusts forecast but they should be coming from behind. Maybe I'll pack a sail to minimise time between refreshment stops.
    I do like Breedings Hazy Jane, I like a lot of beers though.
  • ballysmate
    Camra member? Take a bow son, as the long forgotten Andy Gray would say.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Had to google her and to be frank, she didn't live up to your hype. But that said, I've had worse. :D
    ah, no - series 2 in flowey summer dresses - she gets into her groove thang.

Tbh, in series 2 the doris with the huge conk also begins to v v good.....
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, i'm now sitting in yet another friggin' car park....
  • orraloon
    Maybe we're one of the rad liberal inclusive branches of CAMRA? Look for interesting, flavour packed, novel brews rather than tedious boring same old same old 'bitter' or 'mild'. We have several local mini breweries who keep playing with recipes for both their cask for the pubs and bottles / tins for the shelf. Keep going guys 'n' gals, we like.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

ah, no - series 2 in flowey summer dresses - she gets into her groove thang.

Tbh, in series 2 the doris with the huge conk also begins to v v good.....
    I love the Doris with the big conk already.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149

Bought a tri suit.

What did you get?
    Mine's only ever been used for cycling and a single diy duathlon.
    It's pretty good for cycling in.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    orraloon said:

Maybe we're one of the rad liberal inclusive branches of CAMRA? Look for interesting, flavour packed, novel brews rather than tedious boring same old same old 'bitter' or 'mild'. We have several local mini breweries who keep playing with recipes for both their cask for the pubs and bottles / tins for the shelf. Keep going guys 'n' gals, we like.

There's a pub near here that usually has a few interesting brews on, they had a couple from Siren that were very good. Tiny Rebel do some nice brews. Quite a few others I can't remember. Actually, there are quite a few good pubs round here.
  • ballysmate
    Just tried "James Beer" from Eviltwin, S Carolina.
    Ingredients : Water, Hops, yeast, strawberry, olive, barley, oats, wheat.

NO! just NO!
    Absolutely gopping.
  • elbowloh
    Having a Camden Off Menu IPA with my curry
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    Gotta live a little. Try it, some you like, some...

I'm in S Oxfordshire and we have numerous small brewers round here. Siren is A+, just over the border in Berkshire but still in The Valley. Loose Cannon, White Horse, Loddon, Amwell Springs, LoveBeer (where we have an on site tasting sesh coming up in a couple of weeks), Little Ox and multiple more.

I will always try their beers rather than say a Greene King brand.
  • elbowloh
    edited May 2021
    Remember those Firkin pubs that used to have little breweries in? The Firkin and Merkin etc.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk